Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijayakumar
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. VijayakumarYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am suffering from pain on entire leg with ankle area. Due to a bike accident before 1 year nd 6 months. My right leg was seriously injured. There is 2 comminuted on tibia fibula and 1 closed femoral fracture. Also 3 metacarpals got comminuted fracture. Soft tissues, muscles, nerves were also lost. Then total 5 surgery was done including 2 plastic and reconstructive surgery. About 27 hour required for the whole surgery. Muscles and vein from my wings portion and skin from left thigh grafted to leg with ankle area. Then im recovered after 8 months. Now im walking, but my ankle is totally suffering of stiffness and a slight bend on fractured ankle area like bowed legs. I think it causes due to 8 months bed ridden without plaster. Sensation is too less because that portion is fully reconstructed. And my leg is 1 and half inch shorten. Due to fracture. So please suggest me the treatment for maximum recovery. 1. For stiffness 2. For slight bend 3. For leg shorten 4. For scars in reconstructed area Please sir its a humble request.
Dear sir my possible exposure occurred 8 months back after 2 months I performed RNA PCR which was negative still I have a doubt in my mind which test I need to do to re confirm of my Hiv status please help me.
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 63 years old and a diabetic patient. Diabetic is under control. But for the past 6 months I am having some pain on the left shoulders. When I went for diabetic check they have checked my Vitamin D and found its deficiency and has given medicines to mitigate that. But even after 3 after that the pain continues to unabated. Therefore I have consulted a senior ortho who has prescribed some calcium tablet and suggested some exercises which I am following diligently. But still the pain is still not abated. What should I do?
My father is suffering from lower back pain. Have done MRI SCAN today Given below is the REPORT IMPRESSION:- - Degenerative spondylitis changes in lumbar spine with multi level intervertebral disc herniation. Clinical correlation is suggested Pls help with the meaning of above mentioned result.
Help doctor past 2 days onwards my left hip low back things and full leg is paining and buttocks too why is it due masturbation because of paining I am feeling feverish doctor or will cure know.
Shoulder problems usually happen because of internal problems or external trauma. People who are into any form of manual labour, pick up a lot of heavy things regularly or play sports experience shoulder pain at some point of time or other. Shoulder pain can be detected by physical examination, mri, x-ray, ultrasound and medical history.
The most common types of shoulder problems are arthritis, fracture, dislocation, frozen shoulder, rotator cuff tear, and rotator cuff disease. Cures for the different shoulder pains are different. Follow these simple ways to help you manage the pain.
1. Rest the hurtful shoulder: you need to take ample rest. Using the arm which is affected is not a good idea and needs to be avoided. If your job involves manual labour, it is advised that you stay at home to rest.
2. Ice pack healing: applying ice pack on the wound is also advised around 3-4 times in a day. This varies as per the kind of shoulder pain, so doctor's advice must be followed.
3. Be consistent with exercise: depending upon the source of pain, physiotherapist will advise certain sets of shoulder exercises. It is very important that they should be performed diligently for fast recovery.
4. Support it well: wearing a sling is extremely important and should not be taken lightly at any point of time. A good support will ensure
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.