Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VijayaganapathyYour feedback matters!
Respected dr, my allopathic Dr. advised me when I am in allopathic treatment never to take herbals, but ayur drs advice to supplement/complement with herbal medicines, especially in diabetes, kindly enlighten---thanks in advance.
Diabetes is a condition wherein the sugar levels in your blood increases significantly. This happens when the sugar you consume from food is not efficiently processed by the body thus, raising your blood sugar levels. An excess concentration of sugar in the blood can make you prone to various health complications.
The symptoms of diabetes include frequent urge to urinate, increased thirst, increased hunger and rapid weight loss, combined with fatigue and irritability. Diabetes can also cause problems in the eyes, such as blurred vision as well as make you prone to cataracts and even glaucoma (in very rare cases). With diabetes, any injury or body sore tends to take a lot of time to heal.
Diabetes is a disorder that occurs due to impaired insulin functioning. Insulin is a hormone that is produced by pancreas, which is located right below the stomach. Diabetes, when occurs as a result of insufficient production of insulin by the pancreas, is known as Type 1 Diabetes. In this type, the immune cells in the body attack the cells in the pancreas, which produce insulin, thus discouraging insulin secretion.
Another kind is the Type 2 diabetes, which occurs when the cells in the body become insulin resistant. Most cases of diabetes are of this particular type, as one of the major reasons behind this is following an erratic lifestyle devoid of healthy habits.
Gestational diabetes is the third type, although it isn’t very common. During pregnancy, the various hormones that are secreted in the body can play spoilsport with the functioning of the pancreas, thus the production of insulin. This leads to a drastic rise in blood sugar levels.
- Eat healthy: Eating healthy assumes the maximum importance; you need to eat healthy in order to control diabetes effectively. Include plenty of fruits and vegetables in the diet, but make sure to pick foods that contain little sugar. Fruits such as bananas and grapes are not the best options for a diabetic. Rather, one should consider cucumber and bitter gourd in such circumstances.
- Exercise regularly: Regular exercise can keep your body weight at optimal levels which goes a long way in preventing and controlling symptoms of diabetes. Besides being good for your heart, cardiovascular exercises such as running bring down the excess glucose levels in the blood.
- Limit stress: Stress is very harmful for the body as it reduces your immunity against diseases and infections. Leading a stressful life can make you prone to a variety of disorders, diabetes being one of them. Relaxation techniques such as meditation and yoga can help one deal with stress effectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am 50 years old. I am diabetic tablet using since last 7 years to till this time. Presently Sugar levels is normal. When I am tablet not taking that's time sugar levels going up level. What can I do life long continue the tablet. Pl give the advise and suggestions.
Hi, I am a diabetic patient. And my age is 27. My blood glucose is un fasting 75 and pp 110. I want to known which type of food to ear and I known to in diabetic kinda and heart are also effect when in control.
It has been shown that regular exercise and Diet control can delay the onset of Diabetes .People having strong family history can delay the onset of Diabetes by these measures.
How Diagnose Diabetes?
As per the recent Guidelines the following criteria is used for the diagnosis.
1) Normal Range : Fasting Blood Sugar : Up to 110 mg/dl
Post Lunch / Glucose: Up to 140 mg/dl
2) Diabetic Range : Fasting Blood Sugar : More than 126 mg% ( More then one occasion)
Post Glucose Blood Sugar: More then 200 mg% ( 2 hours after 75 gm glucose)
If the criteria mentioned above are fulfilled the person is diagnosed to have diabetes.