Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijaya RaghavanYour feedback matters!
Can you please suggest which is the best moisturizer and sunscreen lotion? Can I use clarina moisturizer and sunscreen? Is clarina effective in providing white skin?
I m 18 years old male I have dark circles and by sleeping more time causing swelling under the eye for me is there any remedy for this?
I am 24 years I had boils before 7 months nd it has left dark marks on my legs nd hands I applied almost al scar end creams dint work suggest gud ointment so tat I can get rid of dis in 1 months.
I have more weight and I have to reduce it but I have knee joint problems also And my face skin it is getting pimples so I want to clean it So please advice me.
Question is for wife My wife is having a black patches on her cheeks and above nose, this was started after she delivered a baby boy from one year ago. How it is happen and is it permanent please suggest Is there any treatment in homeopathy or ayurveda. Now she can not attend any function due to this.
Hi doctors. I am 18 years old male. My face is full of red and small pimples. My face is oily and pachi. Dark spot and dead cells make my face dark. I want a fair and smooth face. Please suggest me.
I am 27 years old. My face is so many pimple. And dark circles. Many types of cream face wash I will be used. But. No rest. Day by day my face is black. please suggest me. Wht should I do.
Everybody wants a radiant and younger looking skin that is flawless and glowing. Having a healthy lifestyle that involves eating right, sleeping well and exercising enough can help you achieve that. But sometimes, that is not quite enough. It is a common misconception that the only way to get perfect skin is through cosmetic surgery. What many people do not know is that there is a range of non-surgical treatments and procedures that can give you the skin you desire. These treatments are quick and easy and do not come with the hassles of post-operation care.
Following are a few examples of such treatments that can give you better skin:
- Chemical peels: This is a treatment method for skin that makes it look younger and smoother. It involves the application of a chemical solution that makes the skin blister and peel off. The layer of skin that lies underneath comes up to the surface and is suppler and less wrinkled than the skin that has peeled off.
- Botox injections: Botox (an abbreviation for botulinum toxin) is a bacterial protein that is injected into the skin to make it appear less aged. The muscles in the area of the skin that receive the injection get temporarily paralyzed which causes wrinkles in the region to diminish.
- Microdermabrasion: This procedure involves taking silicon crystals and propelling them onto the skin surface to remove cells from the uppermost layer of skin. The inflammation or “abrasion” that forms on the skin surface helps suppress the appearance of superficial wrinkles and unevenness on the skin, making it look younger and better.
- Laser skin resurfacing: Lasers can be used to improve the appearance of skin. In this treatment method, high intensity light is used to tighten loose skin and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Laser skin resurfacing can also be used to improve skin that is scarred. Depending on the intensity of the laser used, the effects of the procedure can last between 2 to 5 years.
- Filler injections: This is a common procedure used to improve the appearance of skin. It involves injecting hyaluronic acid into the skin to remove wrinkles and fine lines and increase skin volume. These injects help plump up the skin and make it look more smooth and supple than before.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
I developed anal fissure after delivery of my child. Even after ten weeks of medical treatment including laxatives (Cremaffin), the symptoms of anal pain and discomfort did not settle down. Hence, on surgeon s advice I underwent Lord's procedure for anal dilation. Now after seven weeks of surgery, I have intermittent pain with a streak of blood in stools on and off. This occurs when the initial part of stools is a little hard. I continue to be on a high fibre diet with lot of liquids. What should I do? Should I continue on medical treatment (laxative etc) and wait for fissure to heal? Also the overall anal discomfort has reduced somewhat after surgery except when the stools become little hard and some blood comes in stools. Could the delayed recovery indicate the failure of Lords procedure and need for further surgery (lateral sphincterotomy) as I could gather after seeing on the net? Kindly advice. I am very confused about further course of action Also any medicines to accelerate the fissure healing. Is the bleeding related to the fissure or it could be something else?
There are white roundish spots on my neck for the past two weeks now. I have applied moisturizers but in vain. They may or may not be related to psoriasis/eczema. Kindly help.
Sir I am living in hostel and my skin is some what dark I need a fair skin and clear complexion as I am not at home I can't follow that many so please suggest me some effective remedies for fair skin.
Hi, from last 8-9 months back I was diagnosed fissure with skin tag .after taking medicines fissure got healed but skin tag is still there .And during period it gets itchy with little bit swelling around anal area. what to do?
Dermatitis is a disorder where inflammation on the skin is caused. It is also known as eczema. Itchy, erythematous, vascular or crusting patches appear on the skin. Dermatitis denotes an acute condition, and eczema refers to a more chronic condition of the disease. Any form of dermatitis can be cured effectively using homeopathic medicines. Homeopathy helps in decreasing the severe itching associated with the disease and also the frequency of relapse.
Here are some primary homeopathic medicines, which are used in the treatment of Dermatitis:
- Sulphur: This is said to be the best homeopathic medicine for treating Atopic Dermatitis. Very effective results are obtained when sulphur is used to cure dermatitis. It is used mainly when the skin gets excessively dry and develops scales, accompanied by itching. The itching reaches its peak during the night and is followed by a heated sensation in the affected area. In cases where sulphur is used, the skin looks dirty and unhealthy. The patient also has an increased craving for sweets and tends to avoid bathing.
- Graphites: This medicine is the best natural remedy for Dermatitis which occurs in the folds of the skin. It may occur in the folds of the elbow, knee, behind the ear and neck. There may be rawness with the itching and eruptions occur in the skin folds. Glue-like discharge from the affected area is also indicated. Graphite also treats eczema on the face, nose, chin and the eyelids.
- Rhus Tox: This is an effective homeopathic medicine used in the treatment of dermatitis due to asthmatic disorders. Rhus Tox is used when the skin turns red in color, and the itching is severe. Fluid-filled eruptions appear on the skin. Scaling of the skin is also common among asthmatic patients who develop dermatitis. Rhus Tox is usually used for dermatitis, which happens during the monsoon.
- Mezereum: This is a very useful homeopathic medicine used for treatment of dermatitis where weeping eruptions appear on the scalp. The medicine is also used to cure oozing eruptions, which occur on the scalp. Mezereum is used when a thick scab is formed on the scalp which discharges thick pus. Ulcers and vesicles are likely to appear on the scalp.
- Natrum Mur: It is used in cases of dermatitis where dry eruptions occur along the hairline, or in the margin of the scalp. Crusting takes place along the hairline as well. The patient develops an extra craving for salty food.
Homeopathy is a very effective form of medicine used for the treatment of dermatitis and there are homeopathic remedies for all types of dermatitis conditions. Not just the symptoms but the entire disease is cured from its roots using homeopathy.