Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijaya KumariYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old female. Skin of the boundary or my vaginal opening is out grown and dark from one side though I don't have any health issues there and it has always been like that! Is it abnormal? Should I go to doctor? And which type of doctor?
I am married. suffering from loose motion and monthly problem together. I faced problem in the starting of my mensuration cycle. in starting my body become cold and flow of blood is very low after 2 days flow become little better now 7 days occur in my periods and now I have problem again in stopping very slow flow occur till now. And have loose motion problem still. I took medicine of loose motion but after one day the problem was still there. How I overcome this 2 problems of periods and loose motion. I have normal thyroid.
It is one month and 7 days of my cesarean delivery. My husband want sex should we do only flour play activity?
Hello. Mam my gf from the last 2 months her periods are not coming. There was no sexual relationship between us. I'm looking forward if you can help us.
Married from last 8 month but still not yet successful. Regular 28 days cycle.what should i do to concieve ?
I had been diagnosed with herpes zoster (Naagin), on last Tuesday there is a sore buble on my stomach & back and which itching, pain and burning sensation is unbearable, I am applying Acivir Cream (Acyclovir), but I don't found any significant cure till time, of sore bubbles, since I am 7 month pregnant, I want to get correct treatment I want to know is it harmful for my unborn disease is there any Ayurvedic /homeopathic treatment available for that, I need to get quick treatment, I am unable to sleep at night and also suffered from diarrhea, I am requesting to viewer doctor to kindly suggest me the treatment and place from where I can get complete cure from this disease, and necessary precaution to be taken to prevent any further infection to me and my baby.
I am 26 years old and I was in a relationship not now. And my problem is that my breast is getting so much loose and my nipples has so much cracks and so small. I am tensed about my future bcoz l m getting marry soon please suggest me something.
I am 27years old and I am now pregnant 4months old and also I have migraine headache since my childhood tried many like home, ayurvedic, etc. But none worked for me. Being a pregnant I feel so tired can any one suggest?
I don't have regular menstruation cycle from last month. My period usually last for 3-4 days but last time it was late and appeared only for one and a half day. Since it was late and I had some family program so I tried to stimulate it with some home remedies like taking bath in mustard oil & taking vitamin C pills consisted of ascorbic acid. This time also. My periods are late and bleeding is very less. Please suggest me some good syrup or medicines to regulate menstruation cycle.
I had sex on 4th days of my period that is on 22nd January at 5 pm and my first day was 19th January 2017. I take Ipill on 25th January at 1 pm. After that I feel pain in my lower abdomen and I am feeling thin watery discharge from my vagina. I want to know is it something sort of infection or it is a pregnancy.
I am a working woman and my baby is 10 months old. She does like to eat anything. She only want breast feeding. What to do?
Hypoglycemia is a condition that is associated with a lower amount of glucose in the body. Since glucose is the main source of energy in the body, it creates quite a few complications in the body. In a majority of the cases, this condition is associated with diabetes. Hypoglycemia, like fever, is not a disease but a disease indicator. A quick fix to keep hypoglycemia under check is to ensure that a patient intakes high-sugar food. A long-term fix involves a doctor treating a patient for the root cause.
What are the common symptoms?
The body needs a constant supply of glucose to carry out the daily function. In a case of short supply, it presents with the following symptoms:
As the condition worsens, the symptoms can aggravate to the following conditions:
- Frequent seizures b. Inability to complete daily work due to confusion
- Sudden loss of consciousness
- Problems related to vision such as blurred vision
People with an acute hypoglycemia can get a feeling of intoxication at times. Words get slurred while they talk.
What are the causes?
Glucose is one of the many sugar molecules that the body produces when it digests food. Glucose is one such sugar component and is the driver of energy. There are 2 reasons of diabetes. If the pancreas can’t produce enough insulin or the body is incapable of responding to the insulin. This results in a logjam of glucose in the body. To address the problem, intake of insulin is required. Too much of insulin intake can result in hypoglycemia. The latter can also befall if an adequate amount of food is not consumed while going through a medicine course of diabetes. Even too much of working out while consuming diabetic medicine can also result in hypoglycemia.
Other probable causes:
- Alcohol consumption- A regular drinker who eats less runs a heavy risk of suffering from hypoglycemia. This blocks the liver and the latter can refrain from releasing glucose.
- Critical illness- Hypoglycemia may occur from certain critical illnesses such as liver illness, kidney disorder, frequent starvation etc.
- Overproduction of the insulin- A tumour of the pancreas known as the insulinoma causes the body over-produce insulin.
- Hormonal deficiencies- Disorders related to the pituitary gland and adrenal gland runs a serious risk of suffering of hypoglycemia due to hormonal deficiencies.
What are the complications?
Some of the common complications of this conditions include loss of consciousness, seizures and at times even death. Frequent episodes of hypoglycemia can make a person go numb and speechless.
A doctor typically asks a patient to go for a fast of 12 hours in a hospital setting and then test the glucose level in the blood. It ensures that the body exhibits the correct symptoms of hypoglycemia. The doctor analyses the blood sample report and decides whether a person has this condition. The last and the final confirmation comes when the symptoms of hypoglycemia go away as soon as the blood sugar levels are increased.
In the case of a diabetic patient, it is necessary to ensure that a constant evaluation of the blood sugar level happens from time to time. Eating and medicine schedules need to be adhered to. Exercise too is important. All this needs to be done in consultation with the doctor.
I and my boyfriend was in a theatre and he put his finger in my vagina and from dat day I do not have period. Although I have irregular period. But just wants to know that whether I am pregnant or is it just because of irregular period. Since from last 50 days period didn't come.
Mere last 2 periods regular aaye he. Aur mera ovulation bhi hua tha mene ovulation kit me monitoring karke intercourse kiya. Aur mere medicines bhi shuru he. Muze mere doctor ne ovulation ke bad progynova and duphaston tablet lene kaha he aur me vo le rahi hu. To kya me isbar pregnancy conceive kar paugi.
I am getting married in a month, I am not planning kids for latest nest 2 years, what will be the best possible way to avoid pregnancy for long term. I have heard about a procedure where in a spring kind of thing will be inserted to avoid pregnancy.
I wanted to have sex with wife daily but she is not interested and she tells lets have weekly once how do I deal this so that she have daily with me.
Lumps are usually harmless and do not raise serious concerns. However, if the lump persists for more than two weeks, it may be a serious issue. Lumps are categorized based on their place of occurrence and each of them demand separate treatment. Learn the signs of danger related to lumps and take action accordingly.
Reason behind formation of Lumps
Injury is one of the major causes behind lumps. If the lump is painful, one must consult a doctor immediately. There can be various other causes behind lumps, which depend upon its place of occurrence.
- Epidermoid and pilar cysts (sebaceous cysts) appear as small smooth lumps under the surface of one’s skin. Such cysts are non-cancerous, hence, can be treated easily.
- Swollen lymph glands generally occur in neck or in groin or under the armpit. Usually, any infection results in swollen lymph glands. However, in certain cases it may be caused by cancer.
- Skin abscess is a term given to collection of pus. e.g. boils. Symptoms of skin abscess consist of redness and swelling.
- Style or Chalazion causes swelling on the eyelids.
- Lump in the salivary glands happens due to mumps
- Swelling in the thyroid glands may cause lump in the neck region. This lump may encompass the entire third gland or a part of it.
- Breast lumps occur in both men and women. Generally, they do not indicate breast cancer. Any abnormal swelling in the breast must be immediately shown to the doctor.
- Hernia or enlarged lymph gland may result in a lump in the groin.
- If a person experiences swelling in the scrotum, he must immediately consult a doctor.
- Lump in the anus can be caused due to piles. The small vessels engulfing the anus may get swelled piling up more blood than usual. Other than a pile, abscess could also be the reason behind lump.
- Lump on the hand, wrist, finger may occur due to ganglion. Such cysts may develop around joints or tendons.
Signs which indicate you must get your lump checked by a doctor
- If the lump gets hard or firm
- If the lump gets sore
- If the lump gets enlarged
- If the lump doesn’t vanish within few days
- If your body temperature rises more than normal
- If you experience abnormal loss in weight
- If you experience any such abnormalities
- If the lump reappears post removal
If any of the above sign occurs, it is better to consult a doctor and get your lump checked. In most cases, lumps are harmless and non-cancerous. But it is better to take precaution.
For any specific problem or for any further discussion, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.