Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vijaya KumariYour feedback matters!
I have just spotted blood on first day of my period and second day I noticed brown colour small small clots, I had very lite abdominal cramps. Last month I spotted just a stain first day but it was normal from second day. But the bleeding was brown or black From past 3 months. Actually I use to have irregular periods but from past 2 years I had regular periods. And cycle will be for 35 days approx.
1. Drink plenty water
2. Drink natural drinks like coconut water, rice water
3. Use sunglasses
4. Cover head with cotton cloth while going outside
Doctors please let me know how to take care of my sexual health after late 40 and also for my wife. What factors we should take care most? Regarding prostrate and her post menopause. Please give a clear idea so that we can make ready ourself for better health. Because these problems are kind of problems everybody generally avoid and not easy to show up also.
Hi I am 25 years old and suffering from PCOS and going through a very stressful situation due to hair fall. I am under ayurvedic medication for pcos for 11 years as I have already tried allopathy which lead to excessive hair fall so I quit eating yasmin and deviry which I have been taking for yrs. I am using brahmi oil for stopping hairfall twice a week. I have tried mintop for years in the past which didn't work for me. My hair is thinning everyday and no medications seems to be working. Please suggest before I go completely bald. :(
I am in 3rd Trimester, having dizygotic twins. I am starting to have Diarrhea. What should I do to stop it?
When I have sex with my husband a liquid flows uncontrollably from my vagina. Can you help in this. Is there any problem. We are not in a situation to have a baby.
I'm not getting period regularly. I was consulting gynecologist last month and I had taken all scanning and foundout pcos and it is in a initial stage. And she told that its not a major problem and it can be cure with daily exercises, then started exercises but I didn't get period till now, almost 2 months over. What I have to do for regulate my periods without any medicine. please suggest me.
My sister is facing so many problems like she s getting fever regularly I mean body temp is raising without any reason. My sis n brother in law r planning for a baby and she doesn't got periods till now from 2 months. N she also gets headache. Are dese the symptoms wen we conceive?
Hello Dr, i am 23 yrs old female I am 4 months pregnant, and I want to do abortion because my husband expired, so I cant manage with this baby And I intake 3 misoprostol-200 tablet, but still their is no reaction, please help me for safe abortion.
Hi, I had and medical abortion on 21st jun because my baby heartbeat was gone. After that my periods came on 5th Aug next period was on 21st sep and this third one came on 5 Nov. After abortion my cycles are irregular and bleeding is very light this is my third cycle with the same light bleeding problem. What should I do?
. Last june 27 I got married. In Jan I get pregnant but in Feb is aborted. After that now I get pregnant. Now am 5 week pregnant. Can I take folic acid tablet. When should I take scan and when is right time to consult doctor. Can you pls help me?
My menses are irregular, I heard that thyroid causes irregular menses, and I grown up 3 kgs weight for a month, is it true that I need to check for thyroid test? Does thyroid is permanent in the body? I was scaring , please suggest me.
Why Women who have gone through ectopic surgery get very difficult to conceive normally and severe menstrual flow during periods?
Sir is there need to wear condom while having sex with my wife for the first time as she me bleed while having sex for the first time are there chance of getting infected? We are also planning to have child.
Female infertility is not really a rare condition, it happens to one out of six couples. Infertility is a condition in which a woman is unable to conceive despite efforts. There can be a number of causes for female infertility, including problems with ovulation, uterus, fallopian tubes or ovaries. Age can also be a contributing factor to infertility. Following are the reasons that might be responsible for female infertility
- Ovulatory problems
- Cysts in the ovaries
- Hormonal imbalance
- Excessive alcohol or drug usage
- Eating disorders like bulimia or anorexia
- Excessive weight
- Enormous stress and pressure
- Thyroid gland issues
- Very brief menstrual cycles
- Damage of organs of reproductive system
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Scar tissues or adhesions of some sort
- Presence of polyps in the uterus
- A previous serious infection in the fallopian tubes or uterus
- Chronic medical illness relating to the reproductive system
- A previous ectopic pregnancy
- A birth defect in the uterus or fallopian tube
- The DES syndrome where in the infertility can occur to the offspring due to the medication DES is given to a mother in order to prevent miscarriage or premature of the child.
- Abnormal presence of cervical mucus can make it more difficult for sperms to reach the egg.
Now that the part about the causes has been discussed, it is essential to discuss the treatment. Are there really ways to reverse infertility in women to make them fertile? Well, in some chronic cases it is not possible; however, some are treatable by the following methods:
- In the case of hormone imbalance or endometriosis or short menstrual cycles, hormones are taken to treat the problems.
- Medications can be taken to stimulate ovulations.
- Fertility enhancing supplements can be used.
- In case of infection in any of the reproductive parts, antibiotics can be taken to remove them
- In order to remove blockage or scar tissues from the uterus, fallopian tube or pelvic area, minor surgeries can be performed.
Yes, there are some tips for prevention of infertility
- Taking all the steps required to avoid sexually transmitted diseases.
- Avoid intake of illicit drugs
- Having regular checkups with the gynaecologist
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Exercising regularly
- Having a healthy sexual relationship
This article is a short walkthrough on female infertility and answers most of the commonly asked questions. In case you have further questions, you can always consult a medical practitioner near you.