Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijaya KumarYour feedback matters!
How can I remove black spots which are from birth time on my face, and my skin is tanned too so how could I heal it.
What type of face wash I need to use I have dry skin sum times I get pimples and it will go off suggest me a fact wash and a daily use of face cream.
I have black spots on my face which feels me awkward so can I have some ayurvedic tips to improve it.
My hair colour is changing to white, and I am facing hair fall also. I tried some treatments, but I did not get change, please help me.
Caring for their look is no longer only restricted to women, men care about their looks just as much as women. In fact, it would be more suitable to say that majority of today's population cares about their looks and appearance. In an effort to look younger many men now-a-days are turning to Botox injections in order to get a more youthful appearance. There is no significant difference between Botox effects on men and women.
Here are nine things that men can expect with Botox treatment:
- A Ten Minute Procedure: The actually process of getting a Botox injection does not take longer than 10 to 15 minutes. There is no need for anesthesia and it can easily be performed as an outpatient procedure. A Botox injection is relatively pain-free.
- Get Back to Work: Botox is a procedure that you can get done even on your lunch break. Since it does not involve anesthesia of any kind, you can get straight back to the office within an hour of having the procedure. However, it is best to avoid strenuous activities and exercising for a week after the procedure.
- Quick Results: Botox results are not immediate but can be seen within 3 to 5 days of the injection being given. Optimal results can be noted 2 weeks after the process.
- Swelling and Bruising: Mild swelling is observed at the injection site, which resolves in max 1-2 hours, bruising is very rare, but if happens resolves on its own in 2-3 days maximum and can be easily concealed with light make up.
- Effects that Last 4 to 6 Months: Botox injections do make you look younger, but its effects do not last forever. The effect of Botox injections usually lasts for 4 to 6 months. After this, you will need to go through the procedure again to maintain the youthful appearance.
- Slowed Pace of Aging: Botox can also be used as a preventive measure when it comes to aging. Many men find that Botox can help prevent the formation of wrinkles and soften fine lines.
- Headaches: Though Botox injections are also a form of treatment for chronic migraines, one of the side effects of Botox is a mild headache. This should resolve itself within a few hours and is not something to worry about.
- A Few Side-Effects: Generally no untoward side effects are noted if done with the right technique, some rare side effects are drooping of eyelids which resolves on its own in 2 months.
- Compliments: 'Rested, refreshed, good'; These are some of the words you should get used to hearing when people talk about the way you look. As long as you use Botox in moderation and get the procedure done by an experienced doctor, you should be ready to look fabulous. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Hi I am 15 years old I had too much acne which I have poped some and some gone it self bt it acne blemish is still there which nt looks good soo what to do to remove these acne blemish plzz help me out ty.
Lybrate | Dr. Vinita Sharma speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Dear sir From past 3 months I am facing skin problem like vitiligo for this I taking photo therapy treatment from doctor I seen betterment on previous patches now raising new one what is better treatment for future.
I have black marks on face and I have dark circles also. So can you please suggest me home remedies?
I have very dark lips. I do not smoke but take tea 3 times in a day. No alcohol as well. What to do.
Alopecia is a medical condition, in which the immune system of a person's body attacks the hair follicles resulting in hair loss in a patchy manner. Damage sustained by the hair follicles is not usually permanent. Experts do not know the exact reason as to why this condition is prevalent or under what  circumstances the immune system attacks the hair follicles. Alopecia is commonly prevalent amongst people under the age of twenty, but adults in some cases can also be affected. It can occur in both men and women.
What happens in Alopecia?
If a person is suffering from Alopecia, then he or she will experience clumps of hair falling out, which leads to smooth hairless patches. This can happen due to the following reasons
1. The person has a family history of such a condition
2. The person suffers from an autoimmune disease.
3. Person is prone to allergies.
4. Person experiences extensive hair loss.
Alopecia can be diagnosed with the help of the person's family history and a physical examination performed by the physician or medical specialist. If a cursory physical examination remains inconclusive, the specialist may recommend you for a hair analysis for further study or a blood test to check for hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism.
In most cases, when a person suffering from alopecia regrows hair, he/she does not opt for any medical assistance. They use hairpieces, hair products or certain styling techniques in the interim period. However the most common treatment for alopecia is multiple injections of corticosteroids applied to the scalp about 1 cm apart in an interval of 4 to 6 weeks. Another method of re-growing hair is by opting for contact immunotherapy, in which a medicine is applied on the scalp once a week. This triggers an allergic reaction which irritates the skin the scalp area and makes it red and scaly. Hair growth is seen in three months since beginning of the treatment. Side effects of contact immunotherapy include severe rash and swollen lymph nodes.