Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijaya K
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijaya KYour feedback matters!
I am a 21 years female. Used mifepristone on nov 4.later ultrasonography showed no remnants of conception. Now I am having severe bleeding and abdominal pain. Plss help me out.
Hi sir/mam I found breast lump in left breast 8 months back but there is no swelling discharge or any symptoms but pain at time of menses that's it I saw in some articles all breast lumps are not cause cancer pizz give me suggestion it cause any severe condition in future what precautions I should take.
I am a 20 years old girl and I have irregular mc problem with starting. I take m-tone syr then I have mc but after 2 month it stopped. So please Dr. Tell me what I do?
I am 32 years old female, trying to plan my family. I have a 29 days cycle and I ovuulate every month. But I do not know why I have not yet ovulated this month yet. I had my periods on 4th september. Is it normal? I am getting some watery odorless discharge since the last 2-3 days and mild pain in my lower abdomen center mostly when I am bending or trying to sit on the floor. What is it? Why is this happening?
I am 27 old male. Just New married couple I m asking. Kya ek baar sex karne se women pregnant ho jati hai. I need time answer on urgent basis.
Hi there. Me and my wife had unprotected sex after taking an ipill. Like she had the pill and in an hour or so we had sex and the condom broke. So we are kinda tensed. Is it okay? She took it before I ejaculated. Please let me know. Thank you.
Are you experiencing high blood sugar during pregnancy? This condition is known as gestational diabetes. It is associated with hormonal changes, which occur in your body during pregnancy. Women who are overweight, above the age of 25, and have a family history of diabetes are more likely to experience gestational diabetes. In most cases, the blood sugar levels return to normal after giving birth, and proper management enables you to keep away from any complications during pregnancy as well.
Here are ways by which you can control your sugar levels during pregnancy:
- Develop an ideal diet plan. You should consult a registered dietitian for framing a diet, which is specific to your condition. Your overall health, age, and other health conditions, if present, are taken into consideration while shaping your diet plan.
- Cut down your consumption of sugary food items and drinks. Avoid having candies, soda, cakes, cookies, and all food products, which contain simple sugar in large amounts. This can boost your blood sugar levels rapidly and worsen gestational diabetes.
- Have three to four small meals regularly, and also eat snacks in between. Eating frequently prevents the crashing of your blood sugar levels between meals.
- Reduce your amount of carbohydrate intake. Instead, consume a lot of food rich in fiber like fruits, vegetables, and whole grain.
- Drink a lot of water every day. Sufficient hydration of your body is important for stabilizing your blood sugar levels to keep away from complications during pregnancy.
- Undertake regular, light activity after your doctor’s approval. Activities like walking and swimming help in keeping your blood sugar under control. Exercising during pregnancy is also important for weight loss after giving birth.
- Buy a glucose meter and get your blood sugar levels checked frequently. Most common meters require you to prick your finger with a needle and drop your blood on a strip for testing. You can make changes in your diet and medication for preventing a hypoglycemic episode, based on your regular results.
- If your doctor recommends it, you should test your urine ketones. Ketones occur in your urine, while your body burns fat to produce energy. These are harmful for your growing baby.
Apart from these, you should take insulin strictly according to your doctor’s instructions. Your doctor will instruct you in detail about how and when to administer insulin. You will also be provided with information on storing insulin at a safe place. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!