Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijaya BhaskharanYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. I am having white spots on my face. What should I do doctor. Please help me out. It is looking damn weird. your my last option for curing this. I need your help.
I am 26 years old and I worried about my hair fall also loose stamina early. Kindly help me to cure from this.
I am 19 years old, from the past few months there is excessive hair fall. Please tell some fast remedy to get out of it.
Hyyyy. Please help me. My face is so dark and many pimple in my face. Please doctor give me the solution.
Hello. Dr. I want to a fair complexion skin. My complexion is normal. Plzzz suggest me what should I do.
I have started developing pimple on the face and back. And it has started leaving behind marks. The reason of the problem is dandruff as I have consulted a doctor before and it has not been useful. Plzz help.
My son has hair loss problem. He was suffered from fever and food poisening last 6 weeks back. And his wbc and platelet count also decreased. Now he is suffering from hair loss. 2 days back he take his tsh report. It is 6.1 pl sugget is it thyriod problem or any weekness.
Sir I have been facing hairfall from 2 years kindly give some medication. Also my vision is getting worst dad by day.
I am loosing hair quickly and I have tried different shampoo but nothing works. So what should I do. Please help me out.
Hi there, For the last few months, I have been suffering from jock itching and anus itching. I tried using some ointments like miconazole but it didn't much. Please suggest to get relief from this problem. Thanks you.
There is such allergy in my face due to massage of ponds cold cream. Please tell me what should I do?
I'm 18 years old. I have problem of white hair last 3-4years. I have used many medicines but not effective.
I am 26 years old guy. I need a good amount of hair. What can I do best regarding oiling my hair? Will that improve growth of hair?
There are many commonly occurring fungal infections of the skin like athlete's foot, ringworm, yeast infection and jocks itch. These infections are caused because of warm, moist and humid environment which is ideal for fungal growth. There is no need to worry, as all these conditions are treatable with topical ointments and medicines. Here is all you need to know of common fungal infections of the skin:
1. Athlete's foot: it is diagnosed with skin sample tests. The common symptoms are:
- Burning and itching
- Redness, blisters, softening or breaking down of skin.
- Peeling, cracking and scaling of feet.
2. Jock's itch: jock itch, also called tinea cruris, is a common skin infection that is caused by a type of fungus called tinea. The fungus thrives in warm, moist areas of the body and as a result, infection can affect the genitals, inner thighs, and buttocks. Infections occur more frequently in the summer or in warm, wet climates. Jock itch appears as a red, itchy rash that is often ring-shaped. Symptoms can be described as:
- Itching, chafing, or burning in the groin or thigh
- A circular, red, raised rash with elevated edges
- Redness in the groin or thigh
- Flaking, peeling, or cracking skin
3. Ring worm: ring worm is a fungal infection which can occur anywhere on the skin. It is circular in appearance and often cause the surrounding skin to become scaly. Symptoms are common as of most fungal infections. Ring worm can be treated with many over the counter creams.
4. Yeast infection: they occur when yeast on the skin grows more actively and causes a red, scaling, itchy rash on the skin. Yeast infections are not contagious. It is especially common among people who are obese or who have diabetes. People taking antibiotics are also at risk of such. Yeast infection is one fungal infection with most varied symptoms.
Signs of yeast infection in skin folds include:
- Patches that ooze clear fluid
- Pimple-like bumps
- Itching or burning
Signs of yeast infection in the nail beds include:
- White or yellow nail that separates from the nail bed
Signs of thrush (yeast infection of the mouth) include:
- White patches on tongue and inside of the cheeks
Signs of vaginal yeast infection include:
- White or yellow discharge from the vagina
- Redness in the external area of the vagina