Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay ViswanathanYour feedback matters!
Can type 2 diabetes be cured? I am man of 35 years.I got diabetes at the age of 29.Can it be cured by any stream of medicine or i should have to take medicines for life long period.
I have hypocalcaemia. I have many times muscle aches & cramps. Why that create how that clear solution.
I am very fat. My weight is 70kg. My age is 43 year. I am suffering from sugar. So please suggested me.
I am 33 female with 5'3" height. But I weigh 68 kilos. I have hypothyroidism and take 50mcg thyronorm. My gall bladder is removed due to gallstone two and half yrs ago. I suffer from migraine and chronic cough and cold since child hood. I had jaundice thrice. Class 3, 9 and 12. I feel drowsy always which hampers my research work. Moreover I do not get enough time to exercise and to take proper low carb diet. In this situation please suggest me doctor how to reduce my weight. Do you recommend slimming pills for me. please help.
I am 67+ year old. I am taking diabetes n high bp medicine for last 8 years. Both are always under control. Some 8months back my left hand began to shake slightly, doctors diagnosed as nervous weakness. I took medicines prescribed by doctor. But the shaking still persists. What should l do?
my thyroid results are Total T3 3.64 ng/ml Total T4 5.59 ug/dl TSH 1.48 you! U/ml. This is the first time diagnosis, my doctor said I do not need any medication and I do not have thyroid but the results shows T3 levels are high than normal Do you suggest me anything? And can you brief what is my test results.
My facial hair are getting greyed and the hair on my scalp have been falling out in large numbers from last 5-6 months. I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism, depression and deficiencies of vitamin b12 and vitamin d and have been taking thyronorm 25 mg and vitamin d supplement from last 5 months (as per my endocrinologist's prescription) but it hasn't helped in addressing these issues. My doctor says this is normal with hypothyroid patients and has advised me against self medication for the same. Also, despite being hypothyroid, I don't seem to be gaining weight rapidly as is usually the case. Do you have any ideas what else might be the issue with me? As for my TSH values, I have got myself tested by 2 of the most reputable labs in Lucknow and both have indicated elevated levels so I think it's probably not a case of misdiagnosis. If possible, please advise any medication or home remedy to address these concerns.
I am 49 years I am diabetic more than two years l have glycomet 1gm od my sugar level now 110 random so please suggest me I continue medicine or discontinue.
I am a 32 yrs old and having skin allergy and sugar also. I had consulted to skin specialist but no result please give me the suggestion.
I am a borderline diabetic at 116/156. I am told banana is to be avoided. Want to know if all bananas are to be avoided or one can choose from Nendiran, Poovan, Chhevall, Matti (hill banana - very short just 2" long, Rasthali or any other. Can I take Banana Chips instead to get daily potassium?
Diabetes is a very common lifestyle disease, which happens when your body is not able to produce the insulin hormone or does not know how to use it in the right way. In such a scenario the glucose remains in the blood, and causes your blood sugar level to shoot up. It is a common knowledge that diabetes is a home for other diseases. Therefore managing it or preventing it is of utmost importance and in order to the same, one has to focus on the overall health and fitness of your body.
But managing diabetes is a challenge that most patients face every day. This is because there are so many aspects to be kept in mind right from workout to food to stress and general health, all of which work together to help you maintain the right blood sugar levels.
Here goes a holistic approach to aid you manage diabetes:
- Keep a record of the food you consume: When you are learning to control the level of blood sugar in your body, it would be very helpful if you maintain a journal of what food items you are eating every day. This will make it easier for you to monitor your diet and even if you indulge in some delicious savory, you can easily bring about a balance by eating the right amount of healthy fruits & vegetables for the following days.
- Exercise daily: Make exercise a part of your daily routine and empower yourself to fight diabetes. Types of exercises you can follow are brisk walking, basic weight training to boost your strength, swimming and yoga. Yoga postures which are highly beneficial in managing diabetes are Pranayam (deep breathing exercises), vajrasana, chakrasana, etc. which either enhance the insulin secretion or glucose utilisation.
- Be careful about your feet: Diabetes can lead to neuropathy and in the worst case, it may cause injuries in feet that go in-noticed because low pain sensation. Therefore, proper foot care is critical. You should wash your feet regularly with cold water and pat dry with a clean, dry towel & do make it a point to inspect the feet in front of a mirror. If there is a nerve damage along with numbness, you may notice blisters, sores, bruising, swelling, calluses or skin breakage. Thus, you will have to be very careful while inspecting your feet every day.
- Get rid of extra belly fat to reduce insulin resistance: It is a vicious circle, as extra belly fat can eventually lead to insulin resistance and insulin resistance can eventually lead to weight gain, but in order to manage and control diabetes it is important that this chain must be broken. Therefore, daily exercise of minimum 20 - 30 mins is very much required. to help you get rid of belly fat and control diabetes.
- Control Blood Pressure & Cholesterol if high: Diabetes is a host of diseases and diabetic people will eventually suffer from high blood pressure and cholesterol problem. Diabetes is a major reason of artery damage, which in turn leads to high blood pressure. In order to, maintain a healthy heart and to prevent yourself against any cardiovascular diseases it is important that you keep you cholesterol and blood pressure in check.
- Get the right treatment for sleep apnea and sleepiness during the day: Sleep apnea refers to a condition that causes breathing interruptions numerous times in a day. It is triggered by faulty signals coming from your brain or due to blocking of the airway by soft tissues present in your throat. People affected with sleep apnea are more likely to have this disorder, which leads to insulin resistance and may also be called a roadblock for controlling diabetes.
- Brush and floss on a daily basis: When you are not able to control your diabetes level, it can lead to high level of glucose in the blood. Also, it can increase the level of glucose in the saliva, which in turn paves the way for a surge in tooth decay. Also, having diabetes makes it difficult for an infection to heal and thus, if you develop a gum disease, it may become very hard for you to get rid of it. So, if you make a habit of brushing and flossing regularly, you would be able to maintain good oral hygiene and save your teeth and gums from developing any disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.