Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Prabhu
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay PrabhuYour feedback matters!
I have irritation and pain in nose and unable to sneez as inside its hard and while cleaning blood start coming inspite of using antibiotic no improvement after 40 days pl suggest,
Hi doctor I'm 23 yes old from past 2 days I am facing dizziness all time feeling like fainting specially n morning along with vomiting feeling. But not vomit. Sometimes pain while pressing deeply in lower right hand side abdomen pain you can say just near to naval area. Is there anything to worry doctor?
I have done a ct scan of nose which says that bilateral ethmoid sinusitis ,dns to right side with hypertrophied inferior turbinate and adenoid please explain this line.
A blocked nose is not only annoying, but extremely discomforting. Some common reasons include:
Therefore, the remedial measures for blocked nose vary, depending on the cause that led to it. Before going to home remedies please consult Dr.and keep in regular observation. Some of the ways by which you can redress this problem are:
- Use a humidifier: Sinusitis is often held responsible for a clogged nose, a condition that is almost always accompanied by severe pain. Placing a humidifier in room proves to be extremely beneficial. This machine by converting the water to moisture fills up the room and significantly increases the humidity of the room. Therefore, when you breathe, the humid air soothes the inflamed blood vessels in the nose and helps you to breathe properly. this doesn't mean you neglect the problem. We have endoscopic treatment and surgery now which is simple and quick healing and resume work .
- Take a hot shower: When you find it difficult to breathe, a quick hot shower can go a long way in curing the discomfort. The logic that operates is the steam generated from the hot shower thins the mucus and also considerably reduces the inflammation in the nose, allowing you to breathe normally.
- Drink lots of water: Though the suggestion may seem incredible, drinking water actually helps in unblocking the blocked nose. When you drink a lot of water, the mucus in the nostrils is thinned, at the same time it pushes back the accumulated fluids, thereby curbing the condition of blocked nose.
- Using a saline spray: This is one of the most ancient and trusted ways of treating blocked nose. By administering a saline or a nasal spray, the moisture in your nostrils increases and radically diminishes the inflammation.
- Use warm compresses: The compress(towel) that was dipped in hot water, when placed on the nose and forehead helps to unblock the nasal passages. The soothing effect of the warm compresses reduces the inflammation and facilitates the process of breathing.
- Exercise: Doing aerobics definitely help by releasing adrenaline in body and opens nose. This is the best treatment of allergic rhinitis after avoiding allergens.
Do not use Otrivin like nose drops I inadvertently. This can even produce blocked nose if using for long time.