Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Kumar Sohanlal
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay Kumar SohanlalYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from a knee ligament injury. My left knee ligament is torn. I have swelling in knee from more thn ten days. Can you suggest what should be done.
Sir, I am suffering from pain on entire leg with ankle area. Due to a bike accident before 1 year nd 6 months. My right leg was seriously injured. There is 2 comminuted on tibia fibula and 1 closed femoral fracture. Also 3 metacarpals got comminuted fracture. Soft tissues, muscles, nerves were also lost. Then total 5 surgery was done including 2 plastic and reconstructive surgery. About 27 hour required for the whole surgery. Muscles and vein from my wings portion and skin from left thigh grafted to leg with ankle area. Then im recovered after 8 months. Now im walking, but my ankle is totally suffering of stiffness and a slight bend on fractured ankle area like bowed legs. I think it causes due to 8 months bed ridden without plaster. Sensation is too less because that portion is fully reconstructed. And my leg is 1 and half inch shorten. Due to fracture. So please suggest me the treatment for maximum recovery. 1. For stiffness 2. For slight bend 3. For leg shorten 4. For scars in reconstructed area Please sir its a humble request.
I am 71 plus. I have a peculiar problem. My feet soles give pain - rather burning sensation. I massage my knees, legs, back, shoulders, arms, chest, elbows, feet and soles every morning with sesame oil. My second problem is when I get up at night to urinate I get breathlessness when I come and lie down on bed. I got all heart related tests done - ecg, echo, tmt, nuclear tmt done. Heart is functioning extremely well for my age. It in fact improved from 53% to 72%. Doctors are unable to reason out the cause of my getting breathlessness at night. Don' t get breathless while walking even six km.
One of the most common ailments the elderly suffer from is arthritis. However, arthritis can affect people of all ages. It is a rheumatic disease as in, it affects joints and bones. It can be of many types and the term covers a number of inflammatory and non-inflammatory joint diseases. Some of the most well-known types of arthritis are rheumatoid arthritis, bone spurs, gout, and osteoarthritis.
The causes of arthritis have not been defined but there are a number of factors that increase a person's chances of getting it. Foremost amongst these is increasing age and excess weight. Arthritic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and lupus are said to be hereditary and linked to certain genes. Sometimes, injuries can also cause arthritic conditions. Misuse of steroids can also result in arthritis.
Here is a look at the most common symptoms of the disease :-
- Pain around the joints is the most well-known symptom of arthritis. Along with pain, you may also notice swollen or stiff joints.
- Increased body temperature around the affected joints and redness in the area is also a symptom of arthritis. These symptoms range from mild to severe, and can be constant or may come and go.
- Everybody suffers from occasional joint pains but if any of the above symptoms persist for a long duration, it is best to consult a doctor. The sooner you seek treatment, the easier it becomes to deal with arthritis. If left untreated for too long, arthritis can result in permanent joint damage.
While there is no single cure for arthritis, it can be effectively controlled if treated in time. Since the type and severity of arthritis differ from person to person, treatment for the same must also be tailored to the needs of the individual.
- Drugs for arthritis can be categorized as those that treat symptoms such as pain and stiffness, and those that suppress inflammatory conditions.
- In some cases, surgery may be advisable.
- Physical therapy and regular exercise are very important when dealing with arthritis.
- It is equally important to eat a healthy, nutritious and well-balanced diet. If you are overweight, try and lose the excess kilos.
- You must also look after your joints to ensure that there is no further degradation of bone or muscle tissue. Avoid staying in one position for a long time, and try and maintain a good posture.
These simple techniques can be very effective when dealing with all types of arthritis.