Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay KarthikYour feedback matters!
Dr. Sir I have skin problems .like red rashid (lal chat) I check blood test all test r ok. It almost start in summer season. please tell any treatments.
Is there any fine capsules, tablets for the cure of acne, pimples?Is saffi is also beneficial for treating acnes pimples from inside and whether derma-roller is good to use on marks of acne pimples even if we have acnes, pimples in our face?
I am 20 year old boy. And I have red pimple like acne on both of my shoulders. Advice some cream or pills. Thank you.
On my private part of male organs in the inner layer of it some white spot are there and is there any problems in hand practice also?
I have skin problems how to clear and face how to get freshness. Hair problem with how to solve my problem.
I am loosing hair continuously. I have tried many shampoos but all in vain. Please suggest me what should I do?
Cherry Angiomas are benign skin growths comprised of abnormal proliferation of blood vessels. They are also alternatively known as Campbell de Morgan spots or senile angiomas. Cherry Angiomas are a rather common skin disorder.
The Cherry Angioma appears bright red, oval or circular in shape and are small in size. They can either be smooth, and close to the skin's surface, or they can be marginally raised. They mostly appear on the arms, shoulders and torso. If the Angioma is agitated (scratched, cut open or rubbed), it might result in intense bleeding in some cases.
The exact cause of Cherry Angiomas is unknown. Genetic predispositions are usually believed to be a major cause. Other than that, pregnancy, climate and chemical exposure have also been said to cause Cherry Angiomas.
An obvious link, however, has been established between age and the appearance of Cherry Angiomas. Usually, people over 30 develop Cherry Angiomas, which only seem to augment in number and size with age.
There are no other specific symptoms of Cherry Angiomas, except for the benign growths on the skin. The skin growths are usually characterised by:
- Vivid, cherry-red colour
- Small sizes
- Smooth growths which are close to the skin's surface, or are raised
Cherry angiomas usually does not need any treatment, but if you want, you can remove them for cosmetic reasons. You can also remove the Cherry Angiomas if they appear in places on your body where they can get easily irritated (such as, on the hands), and cause bleeding.
Some methods of removing Cherry Angiomas include:
- Electro-cauterization: In this method, the angioma is burned off by an electric current that is passed through a tiny probe.
- Cryosurgery: In this procedure, the angioma is frozen with liquid nitrogen; the angioma is destroyed by the severe cold. This is a relatively easy and quick procedure.
- Laser surgery: In this procedure, pulsed dye laser is used to remove the angioma. The pulsed dye laser (PDL) is an undiluted yellow laser that is hot enough to damage the growth.
- Shave excision: In this procedure, the angioma is removed from the surface of the skin by a sharp razor. Shave excision is a substitute to invasive surgery that would require an incision to remove the growth and then sutures (stitches) to close the laceration. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.