Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Ganesh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay GaneshYour feedback matters!
Iam 18yer old girl I hav missed my period last was on 25dec. Till nw I havmt got my period. I checked bt the result was negative wr should I do to get my period early.
Does male nursing staff has authority to treat any female patient in any manner. Either in presence of female nurse because no ladies wants that her private parts has been seen by any other male nurse even when nurse is present there. Doctors allow Male in labor and delivery room and prevent even her husband to enter through the labor room Why? Does there is any constitutional rule to stay outside while doctors along with male nursing staff treat female in more than partial naked position In examination or treatment process (other than surgical case). If we object they refuse to medicate patient wven in emergency. Do doctors have rights to refuse treat patient even in emergency. Why mLe nursing staff has been employed under gynaecologist. Do I have rights to know what is going inside operation theatre. Because under anesthesia after treatment doctors leave and male nursing staff can molestate female patient. Inside operation theatre what is actually going on we do not know. In now a days most doctors in delivery case do ce section instead of normal delivery. Just to earn money. Does female patient has right that only female can treat her. (Most imp question) please respond in brief.
I am 7 weeks pregnant. But my ultrasound could not detect anything. No gestational sac as well. Can it be that I am still pregnant. Also I took home pregnancy test which shows only a faint line as positive. I have done the test twice and the T line is still faint. I don't know what to expect. What should I do now? I need to get a medical abortion done before its too late.
Pain in the skin near clitoris more than 1 year after recurrent infections in vagina there are small pimples like thing which is not clearly visible but I feel pain all time.
I have sex with my gf before her period start, her date is 26 nd I sex at 24, now she have period, is there any chance of pregnancy? please help me.
PMS or premenstrual syndrome affects women exactly prior to their menstrual cycle. This syndrome may have affects manifold, impacting a woman’s physical health, behavior and emotions. The condition is very common and affects more than 80% of the women before their monthly cycles begin.
The exact cause of PMS is not yet ascertained. It is believed that changes in hormones in the body can lead to PMS. Before the menses start, progesterone and estrogen levels tend to dip in the body. This hormonal dip results in anxiety, anger and irritability issues. Levels of serotonin, a chemical in the brain which affects your moods and thoughts, in the body also decrease at this time. Here are certain factors which make you prone to PMS –
- Family history of PMS
- Being subject to domestic violence
- Emotional and physical trauma
- Substance abuse
- Past history of mood disorders
The menstrual cycle lasts for 28 days. On the 14th day, egg is released from the ovaries; this is known as ovulation. The bleeding or menstruation occurs on the 28th day of the cycle. Symptoms of PMS start to show up from around the 14th day of the cycle.
PMS includes signs such as abdominal cramps, bloating, acne and sudden craving for sweet foods. Stomach disorders such as constipation and diarrhea are also common. mental disorders such as anxiety and mild depression have also been observed.
Managing PMS Symptoms-
With PMS, one can take these steps to deal with the various signs of discomfort. Here are some remedies to deal with PMS symptoms:
- Eat a balanced diet consisting of fruits and vegetables to get Vitamins and minerals in the required amounts.
- Keep yourself hydrated to ease symptoms of bloating.
- Consuming supplements of folic acid, Vitamin D and calcium can help easing the symptoms.
- Sleep for 6-8 hours on a regular basis.
- Exercise regularly to beat stress and avoid bloating.
- Try relaxation techniques to get rid of stress or at least limit stress levels.
- Some pain killers can help combat the pain resulting from muscle aches. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 29 years old, 59 kg n 40 days pregnant. I have vaginal itching n burning sensation while passing urine. please Dr. Suggest me easy treatment to get rid of this problem.
My daughter aged 5 years 8 months is desperate 6 refusing to go to school. It happened from the third day of reopening of school on 1st june. Till today she is finding reasons to quit school. Can't convince her till nw. She says she misses mother. She says teacher is not good. Teachers mouth is not ok. Etc. weird reasons . Please help. She was a lively girl til the pre primary. .she is always sad smiling , Not eating. Just worries all the time.Please tell.
1) May I know, how many time in week ,you can sex with your partner. Actually I feel very week after sex. And big problem also it get out within 3 minutes. So kindly suggest me. How to increase this time and also want to know what will I eat after it sothat I feel fresh and good. 2) In which time to good for sex that is not risky for get pregnant. And is this safe if I use condom. Because last time condom was not good it was loose. So I have given tablets for her. Kindly help me. Thanks.
Bacterial vaginosis is an infection of the vagina that occurs due an imbalance of the vaginal bacteria. The naturally occurring bacteria in the vagina overgrow in number and this creates the imbalance. This disorder is very common among women, especially who are pregnant. This problem is usually not very serious and tends to go away in 4-5 days. However, in certain cases, they can cause serious complications:
The symptoms of bacterial vaginosis are:
1. You may experience vaginal discharge that is white or gray in color
2. You may have constant itching in your vagina
3. The vaginal discharge usually has a foul smelling odor
4. You may have a burning sensation while urinating.
Causes behind it:
Vaginal bacteria can be either good or bad. Any disruption in the delicate balance of the vaginal bacteria can lead to bacterial vaginosis. There is no exact known cause of this disorder, but it is believed that having multiple sex partners increases this risk. Other factors can be:
- Douching: If you clean your vagina with water and other cleansing agents on a regular basis, then it may create bacterial imbalance, thus leading to this infection.
- Multiple partners: Having multiple sex partners puts you at a higher risk of contracting bacterial vaginosis.
This disorder may also lead to various complications such as:
- STIs: This infection may make you highly susceptible to various infections such as chlamydia, HIV and gonorrhea.
- Disorders of the pelvic region: Bacterial vaginosis may lead to inflammation in the pelvic region, which in turn may lead to infertility.
- Preterm birth: It increases the chance of premature birth.
There are certain preventive measures that you can adopt to prevent this condition:
1. Using soaps which contain no or very little chemicals
2. Use latex condoms during sexual intercourse to prevent sexually transmitted infections.
3. Don’t clean your vagina on a regular basis
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.