Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vidyakala
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. VidyakalaYour feedback matters!
I am 28 year male last two month I am suffering from leg pain nd also I feel fatigue. I took medicine from lot of doctors. Bt no avail. please advise me why this And should I do to get rid of it.
I have problem of backaches from few days. After midnight it increases. So, pls advice me the solution to get rid of it.
I am 22 year old man and I have pain in my leg joins about 3 months. I take pain killers but no relief found. What to do. Please help me.
Hi I got knee surgery condylar femur fracture. I have gone. Through or if surgery. After 4 weeks doctor asked to start physiotherapy. Since I am not able bend my knee more then 65% I have asked use CPM machine which is paining a lot can I take aceclofenac tablet before physiotherapy. If so how many hours before I can take any other medicine. Which I can bear the pain. Please help me.
Dear Doctors, Greetings from me I have back pain above waist from last 2 days. As I used to kik my bike it's throw back pressure on my leg I think this may be the reason, But you are the Master can assist me better. Waiting for your suggestions. Thanks.
I am having knee knock, buy I m sad because of it, my wish is to join the defence so please doctor please give me a solution
Dear doctor,My problem that I am suffering form quadriceps muscles weakness, due to which I cannot stand for long, cannot walk long & properly at times, balance problem, also severe problem when the floor is wet, please prescribe medicines, high regards. Thanks.
1 year back , I was 105 kgs . I did extensive training swimming, diet control and I reached 70 KGS . But my tummy is still there. It's a loose tummy and looks as if it belongs to 100 kg guy. I have done everything. Please suggest how to cut these fat cells.
Spondylitis includes swelling of the vertebra. It happens because of wear and tear of the ligament and bones found in your cervical spine, which is in your neck. While it is to a great extent because of age, it can be brought on by other reasons too. Side effects incorporate pain and stiffness starting from the neck to the lower back. The spine's bones (vertebrae) get fused, bringing about an unbending spine. These changes might be mellow or extreme, and may prompt a stooped-over posture. Some of the non-surgical methods to treat spondylitis are as follows-
- Exercise based recovery/physiotherapy: Your specialist may send you to a physiotherapist for treatment. Non-intrusive treatment helps you extend your neck and shoulder muscles. This makes them more grounded and at last, relieves pain. You may neck traction, which includes using weights to build the space between the cervical joints and decreasing pressure on the cervical disc and nerve roots.
- Medications: Your specialist may prescribe you certain medicines if over-the-counter medications do not work. These include:
- Home treatment: In case your condition is less severe, you can attempt a couple of things at home to treat it:
- Take an over-the-counter pain reliever, for example, acetaminophen or a calming medication, for example, Advil or Aleve.
- Use a warming cushion or an ice pack on your neck to give pain alleviation to sore muscles.
- Exercise routinely to help you recover quickly.
- Wear a delicate neck prop or neckline to get transitory help. In any case, you shouldn't wear a neck brace for temporary pain relief.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is a highly effective treatment used to mitigate back and neck pain. Little needles, about the extent of a human hair, are embedded into particular points on the back. Every needle might be whirled electrically or warmed to improve the impact of the treatment. Acupuncture works by prompting the body to deliver chemicals that decrease pain.
- Bed Rest: Severe instances of spondylitis may require bed rest for close to 1-3 days. Long-term bed rest is avoided as it puts the patient at danger for profound vein thrombosis (DVT, blood clots in the legs).
- Support/brace use: Temporary bracing (1 week) may help get rid of the symptoms, however, long-term use is not encouraged. Supports worn for a long time weaken the spinal muscles and can increase pain if not continually worn. Exercise based recovery is more beneficial as it reinforces the muscles.
- Lifestyle: Losing weight and eating nutritious food with consistent workouts can help. Quitting smoking is essential healthy habits to help the spine function properly at any age.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!