Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vidyakala
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. VidyakalaYour feedback matters!
I am 22 year old male and have pain in my right shoulder since 5-6 months. I take massage every night to get relief, but got nothing. Please help me.
Hi, I am 38 years old female, having pain in my spinal cord, left shoulder and both legs and my weight is keep on increasing. What should I do I feel like the pain is there because of increase in weight. I daily have to take pain killers. please suggest.
I am a regular walker and walking almost 4 Kms every day but since last some time I am feeling that my left knee got lock during sleeping, I feel pain which will relieved after some time. Please help.
I have back pain from a month whenever I pick up some heavy thing the pain get increased. so, what should I do.?
I am suffering with pain in all the joints, shoulder and fingers, recently I had viral fever for few days.
Activities of Daily Living
Activities of daily living (ADLs) are activities that we do on a regular basis as part of our daily life: driving, bathing, shaving, housework, yard work , dressing, and toileting. In healthcare, a great emphasis is placed on the importance of being able to perform these basic functions of normal living. This article is dedicated to helping anyone with a lumbar disc herniation adapt his or her life to allow healing to take place.One of the key components to healing from a disc injury is to remove the cause of injury and the causes of irritation. In this chapter we will identify ways to protect the spine from further injury while participating in activities of daily living.The prevailing concept in protecting the lumbar discs is based on maintaining a neutral arch of the spine in activities of daily living and avoiding flexion of the spine (bending forward).
Bending the spine forward distorts the nucleus of the discs in a potentially injurious manner.
Maintaining a health lordosis (arch) is protective of the lumbar disc.
Accessing a Car’s Trunk
1.Do not bend at the waist to access a car’s trunk. This is especially dangerous after prolonged driving (due to creep)
2.When accessing the trunk of a car, avoid bending at the waist. Instead, place a foot on the bumper or use the “golfer’s tilt” to minimize the risk of injury. Strive to maintain a neutral arch in the lower back.
3.The golfer’s tilt allows a protective cantilever effect to protect the disc from flexion. In a golfer’s tilt all motion occurs at the hip, not the spine.
Yesterday afternoon I wake up and suddenly I found that I have tenderness and twinling like sensation in my left hand index finger and it feels like kind of paralysis only on the right side of the left index finger only from the tip of index finger, please help!
I met a small accident before 4 years ago in that time my right leg is broken and operation can done, in operation a small rod is attached to bone in leg. Can take out (remove) the rod in leg now. How much money want to do operation for remove the rod. Thanking you sir.
Back pain is something that affects many people all over the world. Persistent and chronic pain seems to be one of the most common complaints. Middle back pain is back pain that is felt in the thoracic vertebrae region, which is located between the base of the neck and top of the lumbar spine. The ribs attach to a long, flat bone in the middle of the chest called the sternum and wrap around the back. In case, there is a nerve around there is squeezed, disturbed, or injured, you are likely to feel pain in different spots where the nerve goes through, for example, your arms, legs, chest and the stomach.
Some of the most common causes of middle back pain are as follows:
- Middle back pain can happen as a consequence of injury or sudden damage or it can happen through strain or poor stance after some time.
- The most widely recognized reason for middle back pain seems to begin from soft tissue problems or muscular irritation. These can emerge from poor stance, lack of strength, prolonged sitting in front of a computer, utilizing a heavy backpack, overuse injuries, (for example, repetitive movement), or injury, (like a whiplash damage brought about by an auto crash or as a consequence of a sports injuries).
- The middle back is a moderately normal site for inflammatory, degenerative, metabolic, infective and neoplastic conditions.
- Middle back pain and its dysfunctions are connected with various conditions, for example, essential and optional osteoporosis (particularly vertebral cracks and hyperkyphosis emerging from vertebral bone loss), ankylosing spondylitis, osteoarthritis and Scheuermann's infection.
- Muscle strain, overuse or damage to the muscles, tendons, and discs that are backing your spine can also cause middle back pain.
- Weight on the spinal nerves from specific issues, for example, a herniated disc.
- A fracture in one of the vertebrae can also cause pain in this region.
- Osteoarthritis created by the breakdown of ligament or cartilage that cushions the little joints in the spine.
- Myofascial pain that influences the connective tissue of a muscle or gathering of muscles.
- In uncommon cases, pain might be brought about by different issues, for example, gall bladder disease, cancer or an infection.
- Getting hit hard in the back can also cause chronic pain.
- Lift something too heavy may cause pain and a sudden pressure in this area.
- A compression fracture of the vertebra can also bring about intense or chronic pain in the middle back. The injury may bring about a fracture, however in ladies over age 50 without critical injury or somebody known to have osteoporosis, an unconstrained vertebral fracture is possible.