Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya VedachalamYour feedback matters!
I am 37 years old female from past some days. I am suffering from an unknown disease itches in genital part it continuously going on. I consulted a female gyno but results no advantage still I am suffering from this some times after etching there is burning sensation in the way of urinary part means in genital part. I went for b. Coli check but no results found can you please suggest me what should I do?
I am pregnant and during this period I had my hands and legs swollen severely and its paining too. How to get rid off this excess swelling? Show me some way and I have the effect of chicken guinea in both my hands which leads to a severe pain in my hands. Please show me proper direction.
Hi I am 41 years. My breast gets so heavy, hard and painful before my periods every time. I know it happens but its difficult. Any suggestion.
I am married since 4 years and we never used any contraceptive method or any family planning. Last year in March I had become pregnant and it was diagnosed as Ectopic pregnancy. And I had to drop this pregnancy. Now my husband has come down and we are planning to have a baby. I would like to have some tips and advises as we are planning for a baby also would like to know if any specific diet plans to be planned. Also note my last Menstrual date was 6th April. Advise what will be best time for conception and what all precautionary methods to be followed.
Foods that you must eat to gear up your metabolism and they will help you lose weight:
- Protein rich foods: Protein rich foods, such as meat, fish, eggs, dairy, legumes, nuts and seeds, could help increase your metabolism for a few hours. They do so by requiring your body to use more energy to digest them. This is known as the thermic effect of food (TEF). The TEF refers to the number of calories needed by your body to digest, absorb and process the nutrients in your meals. Research shows that protein-rich foods increase TEF the most. Protein-rich diets also reduce the drop in metabolism often seen during weight loss by helping your body hold on to its muscle mass. What’s more, protein may also help keep you fuller for longer, which can prevent overeating.
- Iron, zinc and selenium rich foods: Iron, zinc and selenium each play different but equally important roles in the proper function of your body. However, they do have one thing in common: all three are required for the proper function of your thyroid gland, which regulates your metabolism. Research shows that a diet too low in iron, zinc or selenium may reduce the ability of your thyroid gland to produce sufficient amounts of hormones. This can slow down your metabolism. To help your thyroid function to the best of its ability, include zinc, selenium and iron rich foods like meat, legumes, nuts and seeds in your daily menu.
- Chilli peppers: Capsaicin, a chemical found in Chilli peppers, may boost your metabolism by increasing the number of calories and fat you burn. Capsaicin may have appetite-reducing properties.
- Coffee: Studies report that the caffeine found in coffee can help increase metabolic rate by up to 11%. Furthermore, caffeine may also help your body burn fat for energy and seems especially effective at boosting your workout performance. However, its effects seem to vary from person to person, based on individual characteristics such as body weight and age.
- Tea: According to research, the combination of caffeine and catechins that’s found in tea may work to boost your metabolism. In particular, both oolong and green tea may increase metabolism by 4–10%. This could add up to burning an extra 100 calories per day. In addition, oolong and green teas may help your body use stored fat for energy more effectively, increasing your fat-burning ability by up to 17%. Nevertheless, as is the case with coffee, effects may vary from person to person.
- Legumes and pulses: Legumes and pulses, such as lentils, peas, chickpeas, beans and peanuts, are particularly high in protein compared to other plant foods. Studies suggest that their high protein content requires your body to burn a greater number of calories to digest them, compared to lower-protein foods. Legumes also contain a good amount of dietary fiber, such as resistant starch and soluble fiber, which your body can use to feed the good bacteria living in your intestines. Legumes are also high in arginine, an amino acid that may increase the amount of carbs and fat your body can burn for energy. In addition, peas and lentils also contain substantial amounts of the amino acid glutamine, which may help increase the number of calories burned during digestion.
- Metabolism boosting spices: Certain spices are thought to have particularly beneficial metabolism-boosting properties. For instance, research shows that dissolving 2 grams of ginger powder in hot water and drinking it with a meal may help you burn up to 43 more calories than drinking hot water alone. This hot ginger drink also seems to decrease levels of hunger and enhance feelings of satiety. Similarly, adding cayenne pepper to your meal may increase the amount of fat your body burns for energy, especially following a high-fat meal. However, this fat-burning effect may only apply to people unaccustomed to consuming spicy foods.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar may increase your metabolism. In one study, mice given vinegar experienced an increase in the AMPK enzyme, which prompts the body to decrease fat storage and increase fat burning. In another study, obese rats treated with vinegar experienced an increase in the expression of certain genes, leading to reduced liver fat and belly fat storage. Apple cider vinegar help you lose weight in other ways, such as slowing stomach emptying and enhancing feelings of fullness. If you’d like to give apple cider vinegar a try, be careful to limit your daily consumption to two tablespoons (30 ml).
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is experiencing a surge in popularity. That may be partly because coconut oil is high in medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). This is contrary to most other types of fats, which usually contain higher amounts of long-chain fatty acids. Unlike long-chain fats, once MCTs are absorbed, they go directly to the liver to be turned into energy. This makes them less likely to be stored as fat. In addition, researchers report that a daily intake of 30 ml of coconut oil may successfully reduce waist size in obese individuals.
- Water: Drinking enough water is a great way to stay hydrated. Additionally, it seems that drinking water may also temporarily boost metabolism by 24–30%. About 40% of that increase may come from your body trying to match the water’s temperature to its own. Yet, the effects only seem to last for 60–90 minutes after drinking it and may vary from one person to another.
Hi I am married for two years. One month back we started to have intercourse. Till then we were not active. But now I am not very interested in intercourse. My husband keeps complaining. Let me know you opinion on this.
Hi, Me and my girlfriend had dry sex one day before her periods time. I just licked her vagina and did fingering. Later we just rubbed one over the other with wearing panties. On the next day she did not got periods after five days she got very very small blood spot. Can you please tell me whether she is pregnant or it is sign of pregnant or it is just starting of periods once again?
Today I have checked home pregnancy test but result is negative. My period date was 2/7/2017. Why my test result is negative? Till I have not get any period symptoms. I am worried about it whats wrong with me? please help me.
The term ?vegetarian? has been around long enough that most people know what it means to be one, but ?vegan? is still somewhat of a new term for a lot of folks. So, what?s the biggest difference between the two? Well, vegetarians don?t eat animals and neither do vegans, but here?s where they differ. In addition to not eating animals, vegans do not consume dairy, eggs or anything else that comes from animals. Vegans also don?t purchase anything that was tested on animals or made from animals.
If veganism or vegetarianism is something you?ve been considering, then you might be torn between the two. Obviously, there isn?t one right way to eat, but it all depends on what you?re willing and not willing to give up. You?ll also need to weigh the pros and cons of both diets.
May boost your chances of living longer
May help you to lose weight
Lower risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes and hypertension
Possible deficiency in essential vitamins and nutrients, such as vitamins D and B12, iron, calcium and zinc
Meal choices may seem limited at first
Difficulty dining out with family and friends who aren?t vegan or vegetarian
Requires a lot of discipline, which can also be a pro
?Some individuals may become vegetarian overnight, while others may gradually remove meat [from] their diet all at once, but either way has a great impact on your health,? explains Angela Ginn, a registered dietitian, nutritionist and spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics in Baltimore, Maryland. ?When choosing to become a vegetarian, [you must first] decide what type works best for your lifestyle. There are 4 different types: Vegan, lacto vegetarian, lacto-ovo vegetarian and flexitarian. A lacto-ovo vegetarian diet excludes meat, poultry and fish but includes eggs and dairy products. Most vegetarians in the U.S. Fall into this category.?
A lacto vegetarian diet includes dairy products, such as milk, cheese and yogurt but excludes eggs, whereas a flexitarian diet is plant-based with the occasional consumption of meat and a great way to ease into the vegetarian lifestyle. Worried about not getting enough vitamins and nutrients?
?[A lot of the essential] nutrients can be found in food or fortified in vegetarian products,? Ginn says. ?The key to a healthy vegetarian lifestyle is to eat a wide variety of foods to include vegetables, fruit, leafy greens, whole grains, nuts, seeds and legumes.?
The bottom line: Despite the benefits, a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle isn?t for everybody so talk with your doctor to see if adopting a plant-based diet is right for you.
After normal delivery kitne din baad body normal ho jati h ki hum Ghar k sare kaam kar sake? Meri delivery July end mai hogi.
- Every Indian man and woman wants to be FAIR.
- Fairness is considered hallmark of beauty, which is not absolutely true but it is in vogue. Dark face may look beautiful if it is glowing.
- Regular use of sunscreens can offer some prevention of pigmentation, especially over face, neck and exposed hand areas.
- Arrival of pigment lasers have worked wonders for a lot of individuals, women in particular. Sittings are offered generally at interval of three weeks each and one may go for upto 6 sittings in one session. Skin shade may become one or two shade lighter....and more importantly it glows!!! Generally face is addressed and at times neck and hands to are attended.
- Combination of lasers may offer fairness, glow as well as rejuvenation of aging face without surgery or practically without downtime.
- If one wants to preserve the results thus gained for a long time, sunscreens and other cream treatment regimen advised by doctor must continue. Really these non-peeling lasers are a boon for Indian populace mad for white skin color.
Ever wondered what happens to your body when you start walking?
Here's a minute-by -minute rundown of the amazing chain reaction walking and exercise has upon your body, it's truly amazing!
Minutes 1 to 5
Your first few steps trigger the release of energy-producing chemicals in your cells to fuel your walk. Your heart rate revs-up from about 70 to 100 beats per minute (bpm), boosting blood-flow and warming muscles.
Any stiffness subsides as joints release lubricating fluid to help you move more easily. As you get moving, your body burns 5 calories per minute, compared with only 1 per minute at rest. Your body needs more fuel and starts pulling from its carbohydrates and fat stores.
Minutes 6 to 10
Heartbeat increases and you're burning up to 6 calories a minute as you pick up the pace. A slight rise in blood pressure is countered by the release of chemicals that expand blood vessels, bringing more blood and oxygen to working muscles.
Minutes 11 to 20
Your body temperature keeps rising, and you start to perspire as blood vessels near the skin expand to release heat. As your walk becomes brisker, you'll be burning up to 7 calories a minute and breathing harder. Hormones such as epinephrine and glucagon rise to release fuel to the muscles.
Minutes 21 to 45
Feeling invigorated, you start to relax as your body releases tension, thanks in part to a dose of feel-good chemicals such as endorphins in your brain. As more fat is burned, insulin (which helps store fat) drops--excellent news for anyone battling excess weight or diabetes.
Minutes 46 to 60
Your muscles may feel fatigued as carbohydrates stores are reduced. As you cool down, your heart rate decreases and your breathing slows. You'll be burning fewer calories but more than you were before you started. Your calorieburn will remain elevated.
I Am a pott spine tuberculosis patient treatment going since from 4 months and my daughter is 7months running now. As she is not at all taking my breastmilk from 1month she is crying a lot when iam making her to take my breast to give her feed but she is not at all taking please suggest me some trick so that she take my breast again as before because she is becoming thin by having only formula lactogen milk and cerelac.
I am 23 years old girl. Periods time is too much difficult for me because of stomach pain. I tried lots of medicines and yoga also but it is not working. Please suggest me what to do?
I ejaculated semen on her vagina simultaneously she ejaculated too. But she took an ipill after 25 hrs of this event. What will happen? Will she be pregnant still?
I am 21 yrs old female and I frequently notice that my vagina to be wet and there's a bad odour also. Please help me.
Dear Doctor, Below is my husbands Semen Analysis Report. Report - PERIOD of ABSTINENCE - 3 days, Volume - 2.5 ml, PH - Alkaline, Fructose - Detected, Color - Gray - White, Liquefaction - 30 minutes, Viscosity - Normal, Motility - 60, Motility Progressive - 50%, Motility Non Progressive - 10%, Motility Immotile - 40%, Viability - 75%, Sperm Count - 23.2 ml, Normal Forms - 86%, Abnormal Forms - 14%, Globular Head - 01%, Micro head - 03%, PIN Head - 03%, Giant Heads - 01%, Double Heads - 01%, Tail - 05%, Short Tail- 02%, Curled - 02%, detail - 01%, Agglutinates - Not Detected, Red Cells - Occasional, Pus Cells - 8-10/hpf, Epithical cells - Not detected, Crystals - Not Detected, Amorphous Deposit - Not Detected, Bacteria - Not Detected, Impression - Normal Semen Analysis, In view of increased Pus Cells, please rule out a GENITOURINARY TRACT INFECTION. Kindly explain this in detail and let us know if any issues that we would have in conceiving and if he needs to see a urologist. I have PCOS but I ovulate every month as I am taking Metformin 850 mg twice a day and my tubes are fine too. Thank you.
The term infertility in females explains a wide range of disorders but in order to simplify things, lets’ just say, infertility in women is a condition in which women are unable to conceive. There are numerous reasons that can be responsible for this situation and although some are preventable or curable, most others have no specific cure or treatment.
One of the most common reasons for infertility is an ovulatory disorder. Almost 30 percent of female infertility is caused due to this reason. 70 percent of such infertility is treatable with drugs such as Reprones/Menogan and Clomiphene. Here is a list of causes of failed ovulation-
Disruption in the complex hormonal balance.
Ovaries fail to produce mature eggs. Polycystic ovarian syndrome is the most common disorder causing this problem. This syndrome has reduced FSH production and increased production of LH, Oestrogen and Testosterone. Suppressed FSH production may cause the partial development of ovarian follicles.
Hypothalamus may malfunction thereby causing the pituitary to malfunction, thus losing control over the process or FSH and LH production.
Physical damage to the ovaries by multiple surgeries or due to the formation of cysts.
A rare case of premature menopause.
Problems of the follicle.
Poor functioning of fallopian tubes
Diseases or disorders in the tube have been another major reason of infertility in women. Almost 25 percent of women infertility occurs due to this reason. Although treatments exist, success rates of the treatments are as high as 30 percent. The causes of tube damage may be as follows-
Infection caused by bacteria or viruses
Abdominal diseases like colitis and appendicitis
Previous pelvic or abdominal surgeries.
A condition called ectopic pregnancy which occurs in the tube, and even if very carefully but successfully overcome, may leave permanent damage.
Rare congenital defects in which women may be born with tube anomalies.
This is the condition where the endometrium expands excessively thereby preventing individuals from getting pregnant. This affects almost 10 percent of the population of infertile women. Almost 40 percent of women with endometriosis are infertile.
Other additional factors may include:
Behavioural factors like personal habits, lifestyle and health factors.
Exercise and diet- extremely overweight or underweight women may have problems in conceiving.
Cigarette smoking reduces the chances of conceiving by one-third.
Alcohol increases the chances of birth defects.
Hence, pregnancy is tougher than it might really seem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.