Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya VedachalamYour feedback matters!
How many meals should you really have in a day?
With the advancement in nutritional science, researchers have realised that lesser gap between meals means lesser-stored fat which in turn also helps to control blood sugar, boost metabolism and aids in weight management. After three hours of a meal our blood sugar starts falling and after four hours the digestion is complete. After 5 hours we are ready to gobble up whatever comes in our way as the body is looking for a way to refuel. This may lead to consuming high-calorie food.
Eating at regular intervals can save you from binging, keep your blood sugar level stable and help you stay energised. Also, digestion itself is work for the body and the activity leads to burning calories. However, one needs to be careful and not consume very high-calorie meals as that would increase the risk of chronic diseases.
Since everybody is different, there cannot be a set number of meals prescribed for everyone. It depends on when a person feels hungry and how that person would like to deal with it. But you need to understand your body's need for replenishment and provide the nourishment it requires. Hence, according to your body's requirement you should have small meals at short intervals which could range from six to eight in a day.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
I am 25 years old. Mujhe 1 december 2015 ko baby hui thi but uski body me bhut si problems ki wajah se uski 24 january ko death ho gayi Abhi mujhe koi baby nhi h. Nd mujhe twins baby chahiye.
It bleeds out while having sex, it ok when it happened for first or second time but instead of this every time when I had sex and it starts bleeding, I am little worried now can you please tell me is everything ok or not? Thanks.
Can we surely get menses periods after bleeding during first sex. Even though my fiancé wore condoms. Is there any problem? Can you please tell me sir/madam ☺
I am 48 years and am a teacher in a coaching class. Incidentally my periods have become very irregular and the past 4 months there was no flow. But meanwhile I feel that am gaining weight and having drowsiness often. I feel like taking long vacation. Feel hungry a lot. I an 5ft 2inches and weigh 77.7kg. I am a veggie. How do I reduce without sacrificing my energy. I do exercises. Work out along with videos. Around thrice a week.
Hi, I'm late on my periods its been 14 days now, last it was on 19 June. On 27 June my boyfriend and I had oral sex before giving me oral he touched his penis for few seconds but there was no sperm as he did not ejaculated and then after 5 mins he for the safer side washed his hands and then gave me oral, my periods was due on 19 July this month, earlier I was experiencing all the symptoms of periods as if they are about to start but it did not. Since last 2 days I had a brown discharge in my urine and felt like periods are about to start but again till today it has not started and the brown discharge is also stopped. Please tell me is it normal delay or i'm pregnant. I'm very much worried. As I have not done any sexual intercourse neither I had a direct contact of penis and vagina and at the time of giving me oral he was dressed up. Can any one get pregnant in such a way. I usually have a cycle of 30 to 35 days. Please tell is it a normal delay, hormonal imbalance or something else.
My wife have very severe pain in her periods. Mostly first two days. Consulted family doctor and Already done sonography but reports are normal. Age: 34 Yrs. This is happening from last 7-8 months. Please advice.
Emergency is helpful in preventing pregnancies post unprotected sexual activity. It can be used in case of contraceptive failure, in case of sexual assault, incorrect use of contraceptives and unprotected sex.
Emergency contraception can be done by three methods. These are emergency contraceptive pills, combined oral contraceptive pills and copper intrauterine devices.
The copper IUD is considered to be one of the most effective forms of emergency contraception, when it is inserted within 5 days of unprotected sexual activity.
However, the emergency contraceptive pill regimen as per WHO is:
1 dose of levonorgestrel 1.5 mg, or 1 dose of ulipristal 30 mg, taken within 5 days (120 hours) of unprotected intercourse
The Yuzpe regimen which consists of 2 doses of combined oral contraceptive pills
What is Emergency Contraception?
Emergency contraception is usually referred to as the contraception which is used to prevent a pregnancy within the first 5 days after an unprotected sexual activity. It is used post failures of contraception, coerced unprotected sex, rape or misuse of contraception.
Emergency contraception is only effective in the first few days after an intercourse and before the egg has released from the ovary, and before there is fertilization between the egg and the sperm. The emergency contraception can do no harm to an interrupted pregnancy and a developing embryo.
Who needs emergency contraception?
Any girl or woman who is at her reproductive age might need an emergency contraception in case of an unprotected sexual intercourse.
- Breakage, slippage or displacement of barrier methods
- Three or more missed OCPills for more than 12 hours
- Missed Mini pill for more than 3 hours
- Missed Desoestrel pills for more than 12 hours
- DMPA injections taken more than 2 weeks late
- Miscalculated dates of last period and present ovulation side effects
These are meant only for emergency contraception and NOT AS A REGULAR CONTRACEPTIVE. It involves pumping of a hormone inside your body at levels which are 5 times higher than normal. hence excessive and unnecessary use may cause irregularity in the period cycles and an adverse effect on the menstrual health over a period of time. Ideally it should be taken under guided medical supervision.
In what situations should emergency contraception be used?
Emergency contraception can be used after a sexual intercourse. These include:
In case of no use of contraceptives
If it is a case of rape or coerced sex, where the woman was not protected
When there is a contraceptive failure, like
incorrect use or slippage
3 or more missed combined oral contraceptives, progestogen-only pill (minipill) taken more than 3 hours late, desogestrel-containing pill 12 hours or more, norethisterone enanthate (NET-EN) progestogen-only injection taken more than 2 weeks late
Delay in placing or dislodgement or early removal of the skin patch or the hormonal ring
Breaking, dislodgement, tearing or early removal of cervical cap or diaphragm
Failure of withdrawal that is ejaculation the external genitalia or vagina
The spermicide tablet failure
Miscalculating the periods, failure from using a barrier on the fertile days
Expulsion of an intrauterine contraceptive device (IUD)
Methods of Emergency Contraception:
There are three emergency contraception methods:
Copper-bearing intrauterine devices (IUDs)
Emergency contraception pills (ECPs)
Combined oral contraceptive pills or the Yuzpe method
Hi doctor I want to loose my weight because I have pcod multiple ovarian cyst 4 mm to 7 mm. Doing 1 hour walking and 30 mins yoga now I lost 6 kg. Current weight 62 kg now height 5.3. So tell me how much walking I have to increase please tell me.
I have fungus over vagina? I tried many formulations from azole family. But no use. Please suggest what should I do?
Period k kitne din phle aur kitne din bad tk sex krne se pregnency ka risk rehta h.kya jab female m.c. Se ho to us time sex krne se v pregnet ho skti h.
IUCD was inserted on dated 5th sep.in my wife internal part. After a month in this cycle she is feeling acute bleeding, gynaecologist suggest HB test and findings 11gm, she suggest tranexamic acid with mefenamic acid for three days BD to subside acute bleeding, is the treatment in right direction. One more thing I want to clear how IUCD works ,I feel that I cannot insert my penis in her uterus, is it due to IUCD. I try during intercourse but some thread like item forces me to remain away from uterus. Pl guide.
When you’re trying to conceive a baby, waiting for your next period can be a test of patience. If your menstrual cycle varies from month to month or if you haven’t been keeping track of your cycle dates you may not even be sure of when your period is to begin. However, a missed period is not the only sign of pregnancy. Here are ten others signs to watch out for.
- Sensitive nipples: As your hormone levels increase so does the blood supply to the breasts and nipples. This can make you feel extra sensitivity in the form of a tingling sensation around the nipples.
- Nausea: Morning sickness affects most pregnant women but some women are spared this experience. Morning sickness can start as early as four weeks into the pregnancy and is marked by feelings of queasiness and an urge to vomit. Despite its name, morning sickness can affect a woman at any time of the day.
- Frequent urination: A combination of surging hormones and a higher volume of blood in the body can make your kidneys work extra hard. From the 6th week of pregnancy onwards, women find themselves urinating more frequently. This may also be accompanied by a burning sensation.
- Food cravings: Cravings for ice cream, pickles etc. is often joked about when it comes to pregnancy, but this can be one of the first signs of pregnancy. After conceiving a baby, a woman is likely to go off certain flavours even though they may be things she liked otherwise. You may also notice a metallic taste in your mouth and change in your sensitivity to the smell of things as well.
- Tiredness: As the body gears up to nurture a growing foetus, mothers find themselves abnormally tired. Pregnancy hormones also add to this feeling along with making you upset and emotional. This fatigue is often highest in the first and third trimester.
- Darker nipples: Pregnancy hormones can also cause changes in the appearance of your skin. One of the first noticeable changes is darkening of the nipples. Your nipples may also become more erect and the bumps around them may become more pronounced.
- Spotting: It is easy to mistake light bleeding for a period, but if you are pregnant this is known as implantation bleeding. The reason for this spotting is not known but it occurs as the fertilised egg settles into the uterus. This spotting may also be accompanied by mild cramps.
- Bloating: Pregnancy hormones can make you feel bloated especially in the abdominal area. This feeling is similar to the feeling some women have just before their menstrual cycle begins.
- Mood swings: Pregnancy hormones affect neurotransmitters in the brain. For some women, this can cause heightened emotions while for others it can lead to depression and anxiety.
- High basal body temperature: Basal temperature refers to your lowest body temperature and is usually taken as soon as you wake up. If your basal temperature has been higher than normal for more than two weeks consecutively, it may be a sign that you are pregnant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Will the follicle rupture every month? When I did follicular study, I had injection (HCG) to rupture it. Does that mean that I have issues in ovulating? Will it be because of any hormonal imbalance?
My wife have to attend Marriage and marriage is between MC for example marriage is on 30 November and her previous MC date is 28 September. Is there are any medicine for done MC before Date.
Hello doctor actually I have missed period I have done upt bt its negative I also done B.HCG its report is <2 miu/ml what does it show whether I am pregnant or not? Pls reply.
What causes these ulcers?
Several factors that seem to trigger outbreaks of these apthous ulcers have been identified. Any one or a combination of them can lead to such ulcers. These factors are emotional stress, deficiencies in diet (Iron, B-12, and folic acid), menstrual periods, oral hygiene, allergy to food substances and trauma sites in mouth.It also seems that some have it running in their families.
Homoeopathic Medicines that are often used for treating apthous ulcerations in mouth are Borax, Acid Sulf, Acid Nitric, Merc Sol and Kali Chloride.
PREVENTION AND MANAGEMENT
Avoid Foods that irritate
Certain foods can irritate your mouth try and avoid them these foods generally include acidic foods, nuts and certain spices.
Don’t Eat and talk at the same time.
This could cause slight trauma to your inner lining of the mouth which could lead to mouth ulcers.
Have a good oral hygiene
Regular flossing and brushing teeth after meals will give you a good oral hygiene thus help in avoiding ulcers.
Message complaints in details for treatment- Dr Rushali Angchekar
Vaibhavi homoeo clinic