Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Facial Reconstruction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Treatment of Nose Job
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Accident Injuries Treatment
Anti Aging Treatment
Cheek Augmentation Procedures
Cleft Lip Treatment
Dimple Creation Procedure
Glycolic Peel Treatment
Cryotherapy/Cold Therapy Treatment
Electrocautery Therapy Treatment
Acne Scars Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya SubramanianYour feedback matters!
My body is spreaded with" psoriasis. Past 6 years I am consulted soo many Doctor's but it is didn't gone from my body. Now what can I do?
I m 25 years male and I am suffering from Pimple problem. I had lots of Pimple mark on my face and hence there are uneven tone on my face. Please help me out?
Hi ! I am having excessive hairfall due to no apparent reason and the volume of my hair had decreased to 1/4th during the past year. I don't have thyroid or any deficiencies. Just vitamin D deficient. Please help.
I have a problem of hairfall. Its been 2-3 years. I have used so many products but of no use. What should I do now.
I am 17 years 5 months old and my skin is very oily I am use fash facewash and face clin A get for scars on my nose. I want to lighten my skin colour what should I do it is getting dard day by day.
I al 26 years old woman. And I have a daughter 2years old. post pregnancy I put on wait instantly. Now I am 76kg and my height is5.1 inch. My baby birth is ceaserian. I am so terrified of my increasing of weight. Kindly please suggest me suitable deit plan and exercise dear sir or mam. Please suggest. I also suffer from hair loss that's why I take medicine from last month.
For the diagnosis of sweet syndrome, are there any tests? I get these lesions only during winters on my dry hands and this time it's on my wrist. I usually apply cotaryl. After that it gets better over a period of time. Please advise.
I am 21 year's old n I am having bald spots on my head since I was 17 years old I been applying minoxidil for 4 years now it only helps with bald spots but my hair's with hair thinning and now my scalp r slowly being visible now and I being consulting derma for 4 years they only have to give me minoxidil with biotin tablets sometimes they give injection on my bald spots and I just read about proprcia online that it stops the dht thing that causes male baldness. I don't know why my doctors nvr prescribed it to me but can I take it? Will it stop my hair thinning also known as Finasteride.
My hair falls everyday when I take bath or apply oil .plz give solution or tips to grow my new hair.
I am suffering from pimples on my whole body something like checheq but not exactly checheq. So what I have to do?
Facing too much hair fall problem kindly guide me, around 300-500 hairs fall daily. Kindly suggest proper medicine too stop hair fall.
About 35 million men and 21 million women suffer from excessive hairfall in India. Excessive hair fall can be the result of certain illnesses, hormonal changes, over-use of hair products that contain chemicals or a poor diet. What you may not have considered is that you can also lose a lot of hair by combing it the wrong way.
Here are the 5 major causes of hair fall:
- Hormonal causes: Thyroid problems can cause extensive hair fall. Pregnancy can be another reason for hair loss as your normal hormonal cycles are affected in a big way.
- Medical conditions: Alopecia areata is a disease which causes patchy hair loss. The immune system attacks hairs, causing sudden hair loss leaving small bald patches on the scalp. Numerous scalp infections like cellulitis and ring worms cause hair loss, however, this is temporary and hair grows back after the disease is cured.
- Hereditary causes: Hair loss may be in your genes. Male/female pattern baldness is the main cause of hair fall in most individuals. Early hair thinning, brittle hair and shortening of hair in a pattern (forehead getting bigger, bald patches developing) are indicators of developing baldness.
- Exposure to the elements: Exposure to very dry and dusty weather causes an increase in the rate of hair loss. Therefore, it is imperative to take good care of hair before and after you go out in bad weather.
- Other causes: After radiotherapy, your hair may not grow back the same. Hair loss is caused due to many triggers like emotional shock, high fever allergies. Frequent and unmediated use of hair products and coloring agents also leads to hair loss. Poor nutrition and too much consumption of junk food can be other major causes of hair loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I have hair fall problem. It is very thin and falls quite easily since last 2 months. Please advise.
It is a chronic autoimmune skin disease, in which the skin cells form a mass of scales. Usually, these patches of skin, which are dry, red and itchy, occur on the skin of the back, scalp, palms, knees, elbows and around the fingernails and toenails. But some people have the patches all over the body. The patches may also crack, flake and bleed. While there is no definite cure, the symptoms can be managed and treated.
Symptoms of Psoriasis
The symptoms of psoriasis may vary from patient to patient. However, if more than two of the following signs are seen, it is likely that psoriasis is the causative condition:
1. A sharp and localized pain in the joints accompanied by stiffness
2. Soreness in the throat
3. Tiny depressions in the nails or large brown patches under the nails
4. The diseased patches of skin can crack, peel and bleed
5. Swelling and tenderness of the limbs
6. Dental plaque
7. Muscle pain due to the swollen bands of connective tissue
8. A whitish and silvery mass of scales surrounded by red patches of stinging, itchy skin
9. The appearance of blisters or rashes on the dry scaly skin and also along the nails
10. Bumps on the folded skin like back of the knees, armpits etc.
Causes of Psoriasis
Human Immuno-deficiency Virus adversely affects the immune system and increases susceptibility of all kinds of infections and diseases. HIV-positive individuals have been found to have an increased risk of psoriasis than HIV-negative people.
Anti-malarial, anti-inflammatory and blood pressure medicines can cause psoriasis as a side effect. The disease is also an effect of withdrawal from topical steroid creams and other steroid-based medication.
More than 32% of the cases of psoriasis have been linked to genes. In case of identical twins, if one twin has the disease,the other has a 70% chance of getting it too. There are several genes associated with the disease- most of these genes are related to the immune system. T cells (lymphocytes which affect cell specific immunity) can also cause psoriasis.
Diseases like strep throat, chronic infections, skin infections and stress may be responsible for the condition. Other factors like obesity, alcoholism, skin dryness and smoking can also lead to psoriasis.