Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Psychologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vidya Muralidharan
Treatment of Depression
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Fear
Treatment of Memory Loss
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of OCD
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Stress at Work
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Alcohol Withdrawal
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Treatment of Personality Disorder
Substance Addiction Management
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya MuralidharanYour feedback matters!
I am 18 year old and facing a problem of memory loss which is affecting my carrier. I first noticed my symptoms 3 years ago and now the symptoms are enhanced. I even forgot sometimes the current year. I always feel confused. My vocabulary skills has became weak and make stupid errors in a simple math problem of 6th-7th standards level. I can't remember what I did yesterday. I forget names in a couple of minutes. These symptoms has made me worried about Alzeihmer disease and dementia. These symptoms are much similar to a drug addict person. Also when I google it told me that I may have brain shrinkage. Please first tell what do I have, appropriate tests I can have and then please prescribe any treatment please.
I have allergy of sneeze. I am very panic from it. What should I do? Please give me some suggestions.
My grandfather is 83 years old 3 days back he become ill and after treatment he is well now but speaking a lot which is unusual for us, even not getting a sound sleep and even if he take a nap after waking says Anything strange like. Someone is pulling his legs, children are playing on stairs and all. Please help me.
I lost somebody close last year ans since then feek very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time please help me.
My daughter is 6 years old and I think she have low memory .means what she learns in class room or tutiuon she forget and takes too much time to learn .is there any medicine to improve her memory or any exercise .Please suggest.
My sister is 36 years old and suffering from Psychotic depression since 1.5 years and also suffering from Thyroid also. Doctor has prescribed an injection of CLOPIXOL DEPOT 200MG (INTRA-MUSCULAR DEEP) EVERY 15 DAYS. Is it right to give this injection to her. It's been 1.5 years and the changes we wanted to see are still not getting visible. I want my sister to get back to normalcy ASAP.
I am 33 years old man taking cigarette from the age of 24 I want to leave it, I want to ask you effective medicine to leave it.
Parents get very concerned when they are just not able to hold their child’s attention who is restless, hyperactive, anxious, highly energetic, and never attentive. For some, this could initially be an exciting phase but can be an indication of some serious underlying disorder too.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or hyperactive disorder or ADHD as it is commonly known is a group of symptoms including behavioural, mood, cognitive, and learning disabilities with a lot of aggression, irritability, excitability, forgetfulness, restlessness, reduced attention span, etc. in these children. Listed below are the common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
The impact is felt across all spheres of life including home, academics, school life, and in relationships with friends.
- Usually seen in children before the age of 7.
- With very short attention spans, the child constantly looks for something to do and be engaged.
- Very easy to get distracted even when engaged, the child is very restless.
- Sleep disorders.
- With constantly being on the toes, the child feels tired and lethargic.
- Difficulty prioritising and frequent procrastination.
- They forget things quite easily and would ask for help with coordinating movements.
- Rare, but some children can have learning disabilities like dyslexia, but their intelligence levels are not affected.
- Disorganisation, leading to poor motor coordination and impaired movements.
- Difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills may cause delay in engagement in sports.
- Diet changes with rise in processed foods and sugary diet.
- Social changes like nuclear families, single parents, lack of siblings, etc.
- Increased time spent with electronic devices.
Homoeopathy has an effective cure for ADHD as it looks at the child holistically and proposes remedies. Homeopathic constitutional treatment provides an effective solution for adhd. Some common remedies are listed below. A word of caution though never self-medicate using these. ADHD is a complex condition and should be assessed completely before initiating treatment.
- Tarentula Hispana: Most commonly used in treating idiosyncrasies. The child is hyperactive, compulsive, restless, constantly moving, and has difficult being in one place, can be violent and destructive. Strange, but they have a strong liking to music.
- Stramonium: When the child is fearful or aggressive or withdrawn (usually due to a traumatic event), they tend to seek attention and this is then used.
- Hyoscyamus Niger: Used in children who present with manic or sexualised symptoms.
Homeopathy is used in ADHD where symptoms are across the spectrum - hyperactive to complete withdrawal, completely based on symptoms and psychotherapy plays an important role in treatment through behaviour modification techniques like CBT. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.