Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya GanapthyYour feedback matters!
I have white patches on my Body and I have advised to take Light Therapy, and Tabs prednisone 50 mg And cap omeprazole 20 mg. I was told bp will increase. My age is 67. Does it cause diabetics also as I don't have?
How to use apple cedar vinegar to reduce cholesterol n blood sugar. Should cinnamon powder be mixed.
My thyroid level is 24 & I am taking thyronome 100 mg. My weight is still as same as of 3 years ago but I am looking too big in size & hairs are also falling. Kindly suggest me the best treatment to stop overweight & hair fall. My age is 28 & I am a boy.
Sir, last year I had fasting sugar: 174, after lunch he had sugar: 354. After 1 year with out using any medicines now, fasting sugar is 95 and after it is 75. All the above measurements are shocking, please explain the reason for drastic change. Age: 23 weight: 89 habit of doing physical exercise daily.
"If you are less than 40 years, trembling hands can be a symptom of overactive thyroid"
DIY test for overactive thyroid:
1) Place a a4 paper on back of your outstretched hand.
2) Little movement of paper is normal.
3) Pronounced wobble means you can have overactive thyroid.
My father is of age 75 years , has fluctuating B.P and blood sugar. He is on medicine. Yesterday , suddenly he went blank, heaviness in head, darkness in sight and as if he lost his memory. His body became heavy. He recovered slowly in a day but today again he is facing the same problem. What can be the problem? Any emergency issue, should we admit him?
I have a uric acid problem .it was 7.what should do for prevention of this problem. What should I eat.
I am 35 year old and I have diabetes and I have little fever sinus pain joint pain and nasal congestion and difficulty breathing. Test like blood culture, xray, cbc, malaria, dengue, urine culture all are negative. Doctor now says that I am having allergic rhinitis and gave me telekast f one night daily. But I am feeling extreme fatigue now and feeling chills and joint pain. Any advise is it allergic rhinitis or anything else.
My uric acid is above the prescribed limit, please. Tell me what is relation between uric acid and corn (Bhuna Bhutaa)
I am 67 years young. Problem is higher level of triglycerides and marginal fasting sugar of 130. But have lot of gas. Some pain in lower back. Not taking any medicines.
Remember the old saying that prevention is better than cure. Women are often bombarded with information that includes many tests but there are a few which should never be ignored.
1)breast cancer screening: this should start when a woman is in her 20's and 30's by breast self examination done once in three months after periods. If you feel any lump, follow it up with your gynecologist. A mammography is recommended after 40 every year till 50 and every alternate year after that till 75 years of age. A person may require more frequent testing if she at high risk due to her personal or family history.
2) cervical cancer screening: cervix is the entry to the uterus where a baby grows. Cervical cancer is still the no. One cancer in sexually active women in india. It is important to have regular screening by doing pap smear tests after starting sexual activity and then if normal, once every 3 years till 65 years of age. The main reason this cancer occurs is due to hpv infection and after the age of 30 years every woman should have a&nbsp;hpv- dna test done once in her lifetime to assess her risk of getting this cancer.
3) osteoporosis screening: osteoporosis means weak and porous bones that are more likely to get fractured with smallest of falls and injuries. Bones start to lose their density after menopause in women. There are many high risk factors due to which the bones can start to weaken early but if none exist then at least a base line dexa scan which is an x-ray based test should be done at 65 years of age.
4) high blood pressure and cholesterol screening: high blood pressure is known to be a silent killer and it is important to get your blood pressure once a year after 30. But if you are overweight or have other high risk factors in your history, you can get it checked early to suit your lifestyle. Any blood pressure reading of more than 140 by 90 on two occasions means that you need to start treatment. High cholesterol is responsible for clogging our arteries and may lead to heart damage. Lipid profile should be done once in 5 years after the age of 25 years if normal.
5) blood sugar: if you are normal then a sugar testing should be done once every 3 years after 40 years. If there are risk factors like overweight, sedentary lifestyle or family history, one has to suit your individual needs. A fasting value of more than 125 or hba1c value of more than 6.5% suggests diabetes.