Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. vidya
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. vidyaYour feedback matters!
My teeth gets very sensitive when it connects with cold or normal water.& I can't tolerate the pain.
I have read, chewing gum increases saliva and is good for digestion. I am surprised with your article that its so harmful. Can you please explain.
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.
If you notice any of the following, visit your dentist immediately
Gums that bleed easily
Red, swollen, tender gums
Gums that have pulled away from the teeth
Persistent bad breath or bad taste
Permanent teeth that are loose or separating
Any change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
Any change in the fit of partial dentures
It is possible to have gum disease and have no warning signs. That is one reason why regular dental checkups and periodontal examinations are very important
Remember: You don’t have to lose teeth to gum disease. Brush your teeth twice a day, clean between your teeth daily, eat a balanced diet, and schedule regular dental visits for a lifetime of healthy smiles.
I'm 33 years old. I undergone orthodontics treatment on 2 days back, my tests slightly in front, I wanted to know what are the precaution to be taken to eat and drink, can hot tea, coffee can be taken? Non veg can eat or not, Which toothpaste can be useful? Please suggest.
I am 18 year old man. My problem is something different my mother's Jaw is band in left side. What should I do?
Muje lemon khane ya juice pine ke bad kuch khaya nahi jata or tooth me pain hota he. 2-4 din tak me kuch bhi nahi kha pata.
I have a got a lot of mouth ulcers all of a sudden. What steps I need to take sitting at home to get rid of it?
Hi Doctor. I am a smoker & from past few days I am getting blood while brushing my teeth. I have never faced such kind of issue before as well as my lower jaws front 4 teeth facing sensitivity issue. Can you pls tell me how to maintain my oral hygiene & pls help me to get rid of these problems as I am not able to take too cold as well as too hot stuff.
Using baking soda as a home remedy for whitening your teeth is helpful, but do not use harshly as it acts as an abrasive it will abrade your enamel layer exposing dentinal tubles making them sensitive.
Use baking soda but once in a week, it helps in removing stains but just avoid applying it harshly.