Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vidhya SelvamYour feedback matters!
Exercise helps sharpen the mind. Exercise improves mental functioning by enhancing oxygen rich blood flow to particular areas of brain during physical activity. It speeds up memory and boosts growth of brain cells and helps reduce the risk of dementia and mild coognitive impairment
Hello doc, I'm planning for baby and my period is regular, this month started on 11 to 15, and my intercourse day is 21st, but unfortunately I forget so we did yesterday, will be any positive results, when v did in da morning everything. Came out, so I little bit confused whether it's going or not I kept pillow for 25 mints after my intercourse. Help me out.
PMS is ‘a condition which manifests with distressing physical, behavioural and
psychological symptoms, in the absence of organic or underlying psychiatric disease, which regularly recurs during the second half of each menstrual (ovarian) cycle and which disappears or significantly regresses by the end of menstruation’.
The degree and type of symptoms can vary significantly from woman to woman. The precise aetiology of PMS remains unknown but cyclical ovarian activity and hormonal fluctuation throughout the month has been implicated.
Absence of PMS before puberty, in pregnancy and after the menopause supports this theory .
It can be graded as mild, moderate or severe depending on the degree of symptoms.
Since patients can find these symptoms very debilitating and often get depressed patiently listening to them and good support from their doctors and family is always helpful. I advise women to do regular exercise throughout the month like walking, jogging, cycling and swimming. Maintaining a optimal body weight and eating a well balanced diet also helps amongst other things getting a sense of confidence back.
Also reducing tea, coffee, salt intake in the second half of cycle is helpful. So is yoga.
There are medicines available in extreme cases to help with symptom control that can be prescribed by a doctor. These are usually hormonal pills to maintain a balance throughout the cycle or a group of drugs called SSRI's. Also in some cases vitamin supplements like evening primrose oil and vitamin E are prescribed. In extreme cases injections and surgery may have to be considered.
Is it safe to have sex without protection with your gf and later on giving ipil Will she get pregnant.
Kis samay sex karne per wife pregnant hogi? period k pahle, period k samay ya period k baad aur kitne din ka samay rahta hai?
I am 21 years old. I'm suffering from lucorie and my weight is not improving how I relief from this disease.
Every woman likes to look into the mirror and find not an extra strand of hair on her face, be it the upper lip or near the ears. While it is not uncommon for women to have hair on these and other areas, most women resort to multiple ways to get rid of this. The pattern of this unnecessary hair growth is very similar to the pattern seen in males normally.
This condition of excessive hair growth is known as hirsutism and can be caused by multiple causes, as listed below.
- Genetic or racial: While the European women have a more clean face that is free of hair, the Mediterranean and Indian women are highly likely to have more facial hair growth. There is also a strong family history relation, and it is hereditary.
- Androgens (testosterone): This is a male hormone, essential for the development of male sexual characters. Though it is present in very minute amounts in all women, in some, there could be higher than these minimal levels, leading to minor masculine characters, facial hair being one of them.
- Hormonal imbalances: There are multiple hormonal issues which can manifest as increased facial hair growth. The two most common ones include polycystic ovarian syndrome ((PCOS)) and adrenal conditions including tumours, Cushing's syndrome, and hyperplasia. In all these cases, there is increased amount of androgens, leading to excessive facial hair.
- Medication side effect: Some medications like testosterone, cyclosporine, anabolic steroids, and Minoxidil also lead to increased amounts of facial hair in women. Some other medications used to treat migraines, seizures, schizophrenia, and hypertension can also cause hirsutism. This is indirectly due to increased levels of male hormones in the system, producing these effects.
- Birth control pills: These also affect the hormone levels and lead to increased facial hair.
- Obesity: Most women with facial hair are also on the heavier side, and most people have a reduction in hair once weight is managed.
Treatment: The underlying cause should be treated for controlling hair growth. If there is an inducing medication, an alternative should be looked at. While hormone levels can be altered, in most cases, not much can be done. These need to be dealt with using one of the following methods - depilatory creams, waxing, plucking, shaving, laser reduction, electrolysis, and weight loss.
When reading through the above, it is obvious that a lot of causes for hirsutism point towards hormones. This also helps identify hormonal abnormalities in the earlier stages. This helps to identify hormonal disorders in their earlier stages, which are managed with lesser complications. The next time you feel there is more hair on your chin or cheeks, get your hormone levels checked. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
I am 6 months pregnant and during my last visit to doctor , she said that I am having loose cervix. What does that mean and what should I do to prevent that. Please suggest.
Is it Daily sex is good for getting pregnant or is there any time gap for sex to get pregnant, what is the perfect time to sex mainly to become pregnant - Please Advise.
She is feeling pain in her nipples by touching from last 2-months. Also we marry each other 3-months back. Can you please suggest some treatment.
Scientists have concluded that sugar stimulates the exact same centers of the brain, which derive pleasure out of heroin or cocaine. For those who are addicted to sugar, getting off it leads to intense cravings and withdrawal symptoms. If you have an uncontrollable urge to devour something sweet, you probably have sugar addiction too. Sugar is known to release dopamine and opioids, which not only makes it addictive, but makes it extremely difficult for you to overcome the withdrawal symptoms.
Mentioned below are 5 signs to figure out if you are addicted to sugar:
- Despite being full or not hungry, you consume certain foods due to cravings
- You worry about consuming certain foods and cutting down on them
- You overeat and then feel fatigued or sluggish
- Despite negative consequences that affect your health and cause social problems, you continue eating or overeating certain foods
- You try to eliminate any negative emotion by consuming the foods you crave and experience pleasure.
If you suffer from the aforementioned problems, you should seriously consider sugar detox or food rehab. Sugar and foods containing high levels of sugar causes behavioral changes, nutrient deficiency or imbalance, impairs your body and immunity system leading to an increased risk of illnesses and diseases. Sugar is also known to feed cancer cells and obesity. Fungi, which are living organisms, thrive on sugar and feed on it to reproduce and function properly leading to most infections. However, it is never too late to break your sugar habit.
Mentioned below are 5 ways to fight your sugar addiction:
- Substitute sweets with whole foods
- Ditch artificial sweeteners
- Clean your house
- Create a backup plan
- Manage your magnesium levels
Although, sugar withdrawal symptoms vary from individual to individual, they usually last for about 3 to 4 weeks. Withdrawing from sugar can be extremely difficult and causes the following symptoms in you, which will sorely tempt you into giving in to your cravings:
- Feeling lightheaded
- Craving for sugar
- Binge eating
- Irritability and moodiness
- Fatigue and tiredness
- Muscular aches
- Flu symptoms
My wife has gynecological problem. She has white, clean, watery vaginal discharge. Often she doesn't maintain the food routine and then problem becomes massive. All time she feels so much tired. Just wants to sleep.
Hi my question is the till how many months is it safe to have sex while you are pregnant and which is the best pose.
I am 30 year old female as I consulted gynaecologist for pregnancy but now I am facing vaginal cyst problem for this I am getting delayed pregnancy as I am taking treatment from 5 months still I am not able t conceive please let me know what I can do further now I am taking 2 tablets obimet 1 mg and sysgol active is this helpful pls reply.
Hi, I just wanted to know that if we are having sex without condom and at the time of ejaculation I take my thing out that means I do not ejaculate inside my girlfriend even a bit so is there a possibility of pregnancy or its safe?
Hi I am married 6 months ago. And we having sex frequently. Still no hope for pregnancy. What can I do.
Dear madam/sir Periods date 15 may ko thi lekin abhi tak nahi aayi Last month 24 april I pill72 lee thi Abhi pregnancy chek nahi kiya Lekin abhi pregnancy nahi chahte hai tablets bataiye jo pregnancy hata de yadi result positive aata hai Aur negative aata he to aise koi tablets jo periods date jaldi aa jaye.
The most common form of leishmaniasis, cutaneous leishmaniasis is generally identified as a parasitic disease caused by the bite of infected sand flies and is responsible for causing skin sores. These skin sores vary in size and appearance and are susceptible to changes over time. They have often been described as miniature volcanoes, having slightly elevated edges with a central crater, and at times covered by a scab. Occasionally, swollen glands can appear in and around the sores, and may or may not be painful.
Causes of cutaneous leishmaniasis include:
- Cutaneous leishmaniasis can be easily spread by the mere bite of certain types of phlebotomine sand flies. Initially, sand flies get infected when they bite an infected animal; say a rodent or a dog, or even another person already suffering from it. They then act as a vector agent and carry the virus around with them. If they happen to bite you, you will discover the growth of these volcanic skin sores gradually, if not immediately.
- Cutaneous leishmaniasis can also be spread via blood transfusions or through the use of contaminated needles.
- Occasionally, though very rarely, cutaneous leishmaniasis can also be spread from a pregnant mother to her newborn baby.
Cutaneous leishmaniasis can be treated in various ways. Some effective methods of treatment may include:
- Local heat therapy (most suitably at around 40 degrees celsius)
- Several topical paromomycin preparations
- Certain types of sodium preparations
- Antibiotic therapy