Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vidhya SelvamYour feedback matters!
Sir. I am 27 years old and recently got married. My wife is feeling very painful while I am inserting penis in her vagina. Please suggest me any lubricants to do sex with out causing pain to her.
insertion of IUCD in my wife five days ago. From the first day antibiotic starts, but excess lekoria leaks from vagina uptill now, if during leakage of lecoria we can intercross without any infection, or we should avoid uptill it clear.
Hello, My wife is going through irregular periods (PCOD/PCOS. It takes about two to three months for periods that too forcefully through doctor prescribed pills. What kind of do's and don'ts should be done. She is having Myonext Pills currently. Please guide with the diet and exercise helpful for making this cycles normal as soon as possible. Thank you.
I am 18 years old and i am not getting periods for 2 month and i am not pregnant also so please tell me something.
Hi doc, I am a female of age 40 yrs. I have gone through ivf twice but without success. I make good embroys. I think I have implantation issue. Please help.
Hello doctor. I am 28 year married woman and planning for baby. Recently 2 month ago I got married. Usually my periods use to last for 4-5 days, but now this month it last only for 2 days. My back is paining continuously from then. So please tell me is there any chances of pregnancy?
My wife had a longer bleeding phase of more than 10 days this menstrual cycle. Pls guid her wat she can do to stop it.
The amount of emotional upheaval that periods, or no periods (for that matter) can cause, is something that every woman is aware of. It's normal to miss your period for different reasons occasionally, but it is a matter of concern if this absence persists over a period of time. The condition is then termed as a case of secondary amenorrhea. Although most people are quick to consider pregnancy while dealing with the various reasons for missed periods, there are a number of possibilities which are seldom mulled over, but should be considered in order to take effective precautions and seek proper medical care:
- Weight: Body weight is responsible for affecting hypothalamus and this may, in turn, upset your menstrual cycle. BMI level under 18-19 may result in triggering irregularities since enough estrogen will not be created. This is also why underweight women, who suffer from bulimia or anorexia, tend to miss their periods frequently. On the other hand, overweight women may stop ovulating due to increase in the production of estrogen and therefore, have heavy, infrequent periods. Therefore, it is essential that body weight be regulated to avoid any disappointment at 'the time of the month.'
- Stress: Any type of physical or emotional stress is bound to affect your cycle. This is because, the production of stress hormones in the body increases and an elevated level of adrenaline and cortisol may impair the functioning of the reproductive system. Under stressful situations, the body employs its amino acids to assist the neurotransmitters to produce stress hormones over sex hormones. As a consequence, the chances of missing your periods increase.
- Exercising Too Much: While regular workout is indispensable for battling a sedentary lifestyle, overdoing it might cause your body to produce lesser estrogen and delay your periods. Women, who are into athletics and gymnastics, are more likely to suffer from amenorrhea. In fact, other aspects of over-exercising, like sleeping less, fasting, and infections also contribute to such irregularities.
- Breastfeeding: Prolactin is the hormone that aids in milk production and may also repress ovulation for a while. Many breastfeeding moms may not get their periods for a month or more as a result. But this doesn't do away with your chances of getting pregnant. A span of three months is expected to pass before the abnormalities are done away with.
- Food Allergies: Celiac disease or untreated gluten allergy can directly harm hormone production. They are directly related to your gut health and your adrenal glands which is why they can influence the sex hormone creation.
Intestinal parasites-Tape warm, ring warm, thread worm, Whip worm........You would have heard about them.
We all are living in an environment full of toxins and Parasites. Toxins makes our immunity weak, let the parasite get entered into our blood and get settled in our gut. And now whatever good we are having is not nourishing us, but firstly to our tiny unwanted guest.
The signs of a parasite can often appear unrelated and unexplained. It is typically seen, parasites causes more constipation in patients than diarrhoea, but some parasites are capable of changing the fluid balance in your gut and causes diarrhoea. Trouble sleeping, skin irritations, mood changes, and muscle pain can all be caused by the toxins that parasites release into the bloodstream. These toxins often cause anxiety, which can manifest itself in different ways. For instance, waking up in the middle of the night or grinding your teeth in your sleep are signs that your body is experiencing anxiety while you rest. When these toxins interact with your neurotransmitters or blood cells, they can cause mood swings or skin irritation, Rashes or Itchiness.
Few others signs are:
- Iron-deficiency anaemia
- Itchy bottom
- Worms in stool
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Wheezing or cough
- Irritability and general weakness
You can get infected by:
- Walking barefoot in the garden, playground or any infected soil; for example, hookworm larvae burrow through the skin of bare feet.
- Ingesting worm eggs through eating fruits, vegetables, grains, fish and meat contaminated with roundworm or whip worm.
- Washing fruits and vegetables with contaminated water.
- Transfer of the parasitic worms from pets to owner.
- Coming in contact with the soil that has been contaminated with human faeces from an infected person.
- Not washing hands with soap and water after defecating. Open air defecation also increases the risk of worm infestation.
Worm infestation affects normal growth in children and can cause malnutrition in adults too. Thus, it is recommended to de-worm babies in every six months after they turn one. De-worming medication kills adult worms but not the eggs + new infection form above mentioned sources makes repetition of the dose in every six months vital, even in adults too.
In Ayurveda, there are natural remedies for de- worming. That are safe and effective:
- Ajwain (carom seeds): Ajwain seeds taken with jaggery dissolved in cold water early in the morning expels worms during defecation.
- Castor Oil : Take 1 spoon Castor oil and eat 10 gm Sugar on an empty stomach. One of the best remedy for all intestinal parasite. (It can raise the frequency of defecation)
- Bael (Bengal quince, wood apple): The fruit kills the worm within the body which is then expelled with stools.
- Palasha (flame of the forest): Effective in treating roundworms. Take the seeds with buttermilk twice daily.
- Tulsi (sweet basil): Seeds of Tulsi in water or even chewing the leaves on an empty stomach is an effective remedy for all parasitic worms, including tapeworm.
So protect yourself and your loved ones from intestinal parasites. Keep your gut Happy and yourself Healthy.
My 11 and a half year old daughter is 5' in height. My height is 5'3" Her menstrual cycle has started last month. What medicine should I give to her to increase her height. I need diet suggestions for her.
My spouse age is 41 years. She is healthy non-diabetic and non-bp. From past 4 months she is getting her periods 5 to 6 days later. Unfortunately this month even after 12 days she is not getting her periods. She does not have stomach pain or any other problem. Kindly suggest the medicine.
Hi Dr. I have asked abt my date of delivery but two Dr. give me diff date can you please checkout. My last mc date was 30 July 2015.
Sir, I ejaculated on my gf underwear during humping sex panty got wet, and as per my gf she ovulated last night now we are very afraid about pregnancy, she did not take any i- pill within 72 hours, she is virgin, please help us.
Dear Dr. I have pregnancy abortion unwanted kit of 1 tab of mifepristone and 4 tab of misoprostol but Dr. How to eat the medicine actually what I m trying to saying that how to take it orally or vaginal and what is the sequence order to eat it or insert in vagina and which tab to eat orally and which to take in vagina please help doctor.
Hello Dr. I have one daughter 6 years and after that one abortion den one son 2 years and again an abortion Dr. said it's due to chromosome abnormalities I would like to know good diet for healthy pregnancy and what precautionary measures to b taken.
My wife and I are planning for a baby. Right now she is not pregnant. She does swimming. Will swimming to be stopped or it has problem. She swims everyday and because we have decided to go for baby we would like to take precautions. Please educate us what else can be avoided and is there anyway without waiting for periods we should know that pregnancy has arrived.
My daughter is 23 years old. Problem is she has pcos and does not get her periods regularly. She is around 80 kgs and 5.6ft tall. She is under homeopathy treatment but does not take medicine properly. My question is can she conceive after marriage easily. Thyroid level is normal. Next year I am planning to get her married.
Me and my husband are planning for child from last 4 months .but I couldn't conceive. Yesterday I got periods again and my menstrual cycle is regular of 28- 30 days. please suggest me when should we copulate to conceive and should I use ovulation predictor kit? And what other things or deficiencies I can have that hinders my conception.
Vulvodynia is a medical condition in which women suffer from chronic pain in the vaginal area without any cause. Even today, women don’t often go for proper diagnosis for vulvodynia because of the societal pressure due to which doctors and researchers are still not able to find out the exact cause of vulvodynia.
Types of vulvodynia
1. Generalized vulvodynia: This occurs when there is immense pain in different areas of the vagina. It can occur once in a while or the pain can be constant. Slight pressure or touch on the vagina can make it worse.
2. Vulvar Vestibulitis syndrome: Pain generally occurs in the entrance of the vagina. A burning sensation is felt when pressure is applied on the vagina or during sexual intercourse.
Possible causes of vulvodynia:
1. Irritation to the nerve or a nerve injury can increase the risk of vulvodynia.
2. An infection or a trauma in the vulvar cells can also give rise to abnormal responses which might cause vulvodynia.
3. The vulva can also respond poorly to inflammation due to genetic factors.
4. Yeast infection and hypersensitivity can also cause vulvodynia.
5. Muscle spasm
6. Irritation or allergies to chemical substances.
7. Hormonal changes like menstruation or menopause can also cause vulvodynia.
8. If you have a history of sexual abuse or rape, you are more likely to develop vulvodynia.
9. Using excessive antibiotic can lead to the weakening of the cells around the vagina.
Symptoms of vulvodynia:
1. Rawness, stinging or burning sensation in the vagina.
2. Soreness or acute aching sensation in and around the vagina.
3. Throbbing can also occur on the vagina if you have vulvodynia.
4. Itchiness in and around the vagina.
5. Pain can either occur once a while or all the time during vulvodynia.
6. Walking, exercising or having sex can also cause immense pain in the vagina.
7. The vagina can also ache while walking, sitting or exercising.
8. Discomfort can be felt on your entire vulva.
Vulvodynia can impact a woman’s life greatly. It can disable her ability to exercise or have sex. Vulvodynia can also make her withdraw from her social life or work. It is of utmost importance to book an appointment with a gynecologist as soon as possible if you have vulvodynia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.