Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vidhya SelvamYour feedback matters!
Hello dr! My mother is 43 years old n is suffering from white fluid discharge regularly since the month has started. She also suffering from thyroid problem. She has not got her periods since month of October. She did her regular test n all results were -ve. Plzz do suggest what to do?
While taking ayurvedic medicine for pcod can I eat lemon doctor said to avoid intercourse ,ginger garlic and onion why.
My wife lmp was 8th apr we have done home pregnancy test on 15th may it was one dark and one light line. We went to gain next day and she had done some test hcg was 69.3 and she said it is positive pregnancy and re tested after 48 hrs it was down as 49.3 gynae advised us to wait. Nothing explain us. Is my wife still pregnant. Little brown clots or spotting nt sure bt no cramps and pain sign yet pls advise.
I am 26 years old female married five months ago. Since last four months my periods come a week before due date i.e. I start bleeding after 18 or 20 days not after 28 or 30 days. Why? Please help.
My delivery is occurred in 20 days ago. Its normal delivery. My legs still have pain which is start in the third trimester of pregnancy. How can l treat this? The legs have large size compared to my body size.
In today’s world, when you go to meet someone casually, or for an interview may be, the first thing that people will notice is your looks. The world has become very shallow; here your packaging matters than the content. And looking it positively we can make out that one doesn’t get to know about your inner beauty until he comes to talk to you or spend time with you, and to do that your looks should be capable of bringing people to you.
For maintaining this good look and personality you need to take efforts. You don’t need to take too many efforts so as to look like a supermodel, but some simple things and precautions to get a good look, a good personality and a healthier, prettier you!
Focusing initially on the looks of your face, you don’t need going to parlor every now and then or continuously applying tons of makeup on your face. You need to wash your face at least four times a day with a face wash, the one with natural ingredients.
Then resort to simple makeup like cream, powder, natural mascara, some lip gloss, simple accessories. For hair care, apply oil before washing and don’t use conditioner very frequently, and comb your hair at least twice a day. Don’t be stressed, it reflects on your face and body.
You don’t just need to look healthy but also feel healthy, for that the first thing you should start with is some yoga and meditation for 10-15 minutes along with your daily work out of at least 30 minutes. Working out doesn’t really help if along with that you keep eating like a baby elephant. You need to be on a healthy diet, not the starving diet.
The important thing in diet is to eat, but eat less and eat in regular intervals of like 2 hours, and whatever you eat should be less of oil, fat and spice. Don’t cut off on anything, just reduce the quantity, as everything is essential for body, the body even needs fats in proper quantity but not more than that. And try to eat salad, sprouts, and juices whenever you’re hungry. Also chew your food properly and try to avoid processed food as far as possible.
Following these simple things you’ll not look good but will also start feeling good. And when you feel good, only good things will happen with you. Also keep smiling, that’s the best way to look and feel good.
I have been married for 3 years. We are planning for a child. But my wife is not able to conceive. I am concerned about my penis length which also could be a reason for not able to conceive. I have also read about different medicine available online for increasing the penis length but not sure if they really work and don't have any side effects. Please guide me on the same.
Hi I m 20 year old girl. I m not getting periods from past 4 months. Can you tell me what would b the reason. Is der any solution to get my periods back?
Flesh Swelling in armpit which is soft. It pains sometimes during menstruation since the last two years.
Meri wife 15 week se pregnent hai. Bo duphaston, susten, folic acid tab. Le rahi hai. Ab docter ne Calcitas d, Ferrous sulphate tab. Becosules Capsule, Celin Vitamin C 500 mg. Tab. Lene ko kha hai. Kya ye sab medicine jaruri hai? Pl. Help me.
Hello doctor I'm 24 years old. Under fertility treatment. Today taking hcg injection at 8 pm. When will have Intercourse to increase my chances of pregnancy. Pls reply ASAP.
Dear doctor I want to know what is the best time in the month where chances of conceiving are most? Also please let me know the basic preparedness to improve fertility?
Most couples who get married intend to go the family route sooner or later. However for those who have been trying sexual intercourse for more than 6 months without any contraceptive aids and still have not succeeded in having a baby, the underlying cause may be infertility in one or both partners. Infertility affects up to 15% of couples trying to conceive and have a baby.
Infertility, in medical terms, refers to a person’s biological inability to contribute to conception. There are many biological causes that may make this happen, some of which can be medically corrected.
The Homeopathic Approach to Treat Infertility:
The homeopathic approach towards the management of health problems is constitutional. The treatment takes into account the presenting complaints - the symptoms - along with the unique physical, mental and genetic make-up that individualizes a person. Homeopathic medicines act at the roots of all ailments. They can rectify deviations of the hormonal system and get them back to normalcy. The simple homeopathic procedure effectively and efficiently avoids complicated procedures that follow the common treatments of infertility. More specifically, the complete hormonal harmony greatly increases the chances of conception without the harmful and/or painful side effects of medications, devices and invasive procedures. The biggest advantage of homeopathic treatment is that even after the treatment, the high sperm count is maintained. The medicines involved are easy to take, since there are only sweet pills and drops.
The homeopath plans the medication separately for every individual, by understanding his or her physical, as well as emotional and mental or spiritual imbalances. That is why this system becomes an excellent option for those seeking help with this issue, as it addresses health on a deep holistic level. The homeopath carefully prescribes the medicine that works on the real cause of infertility, along with other symptoms like any type of pain, stress, etc.
There are no prerequisites to start a homeopathy treatment for infertility. Anyone who just came to know about their infertility problem or those who have tried other infertility treatments without any results can consult a homeopath. Homeopathy medicines can also be used with other treatment methods, but the homeopath should be informed about it to prevent any interfering actions.
Final Tips For Infertility Treatments Using Homeopathy:
Homeopathy therapy works on male and female infertility in following way:
- It regulates and balances the body’s hormones, menstrual cycle and enhances the ovulation process in females.
- In males, it helps to increase the sperm count, their mobility and also their morphology by naturally stimulating the body.
- It helps with emotional blockages, disturbances and ambiguous thought processes that may affect fertility.
- It helps with the stress, anxiety and depression problems for those who are trying to conceive.
- It also helps in curing the side-effects of various other fertility treatments.
The homeopathic treatment for infertility is strictly individualistic. Whatever the reason that the patient opts for homeopathy, the treatment should be supported by a healthy diet and proper lifestyle, like avoiding alcohol and smoking. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Hormones are important messengers that play a pivotal role in the proper functioning of your body. Any imbalance in the hormonal level can throw life in jeopardy. Hormonal imbalance can affect a person physically, mentally as well as emotionally. In the present competitive world, with so much stress and anxiety, hormonal imbalance is on the rise. It can affect both men and women.
Factors responsible for hormonal imbalance in men and women
Many factors, either individually or collectively can affect and disrupt the hormonal balance in a person. The most common factors triggering a hormonal imbalance include
- Physical, mental and emotional stress.
- Menopause (in women) and Andropause (in men).
- Drugs and alcohol abuse.
- Unhealthy eating habits, leading to inflammation.
- Lack of any physical activity.
- Obesity, Type-2 Diabetes.
- The Endocrine gland does not function properly (due to an injury or an infection or old age). Hormonal imbalance may be age related. Certain chemicals (Diethylstilbestrol, DDT, Polychlorinated Biphenyls, Dioxin) also have the potential to disrupt the Endocrine function.
Symptoms of Hormonal Imbalance:
Some of the characteristic symptoms of hormonal imbalance include
- A sudden change in body weight (weight gain or weight loss).
- Anxiety, depression, and mood swings.
- Hair loss followed by thinning of hair.
- Irregular menses.
- Erectile dysfunction.
- The appetite undergoes a change.
- A person may face digestive problems.
- Insomnia and extreme fatigue.
- Decreased libido.
Doctors may adopt any of the following treatments for hormonal imbalance
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT): This treatment helps women to deal with menopause better. During and after menopause, the levels of estrogen and progesterone, particularly, go for a toss. This therapy aims at maintaining the hormonal balance by replacing the hormones your body either fails to produce or synthesizes in very little quantity.
- Following a healthy lifestyle go a long way in improving the hormonal imbalance.
- Exercise regularly. Meditation, breathing exercise, cycling, morning and evening walks are great stress busters.
- Follow a healthy sleeping routine.
- Limit your alcohol and caffeine intake. Refrain from smoking.
- Avoid taking birth control pills.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Include avocados, egg yolk, gelatin, carrots, coconut oil into your diet.
- People with hormonal imbalance can benefit from Omega-3 fatty. Walnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, olive oil are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Ayurveda and herbal medicines have helped many people with hormonal imbalance.
- Some medications may help to improve hormonal imbalance (strictly on doctor recommendation).
- In extreme cases, surgery may be recommended.
Health risks associated with hormonal imbalance:
Hormonal imbalance can have adverse effect on the health resulting in
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome): PCOS is characterized by irregular menses, infertility, hirsutism, hair fall, acne and weight gain. Women of reproductive age are mainly affected by PCOS.
- Low libido, tiredness, weight gain, erectile dysfunction, mood swings, and irritability (due to low level of testosterone hormone)
- Thyroid problems (Hyperthyroidism, Hypothyroidism and Grave's disease).
- Hormonal imbalance may also cause Diabetes and Adrenal failure.
- Irregular periods, mood swings, infertility, decreased sexual desire (low levels of estrogen hormone).