Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Dr. I always suffer with white flow because of that I fell weakness body pain head ache many more things street.
After how many days of sex can pregnancy be detected accurately? sex happened one day before period date but this month I did not get any period.
I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend many times in past 24-48 hrs. But now I am not getting any of the contraceptive pills like I pill and unwanted 72 in my city. They say that it has been banned. Please suggest me what should I do now.
My periods date was 18. Sept I usually get my periods 5 or 6 days before But still now I did not got my periods n my husband n I had unprotected sex also M feeling like cramps Stomach pain Vomiting Are this signs of being pregnant I had 2 ectopic also before Please check additional info also.
My friend is married for almost 1and half years but unable to perform sexual intercourse although he is healthy n active. He says his wife is lacking sexual desires. What might b the reason? How can he overcome the current situation? Is there any medication to increase the desire in females? And she also feels that her vaginal opening is small, so she fears to have sex. Is there any operation to increase the size of the opening. Please suggest what to do coz they r at the edge of unwanted divorce.
Hi, I'm 29 years old female trying to conceive since last 1 year. My gynecologist detected me with PCOS as my AMH level was very high (10.32). I got a laproscopy done with heavy drilling on both my ovaries. It's been 2 months since then but no luck yet. Right now I'm focusing on loosing my weight. I was 45 kgs four years ago and have put on approximately 20 kgs now (63.7 kgs). I have started with gymming since last one month have lost 4 kgs. Please tell me what are my chances? My FSH is 2.43 and LH is 3.30.
I am 17 years old and my girlfriend 18 years old .yesterday had sex she is in periods I only enter very small amount of sperm .should she get pregnant.
I am planning to have a baby. But wanted to be sure tht der wud b no complication. I hv a habit f smoking nd drinking as well.
I'm 30 years old male. How to increase sex drive. I'm loosing interest in sex. I regularly take cold shower.
I am pregnant today first day of 3 months but my vomiting not stop & my head is very paining, what shall I do? Please advice.
Dr. meri ye first pregnency he. Abi mera five month chal raha he. Mujhe white pani jata he. To kya problem ho sakti he. Pls Dr. reply as soon as possible.
I am a 16 year old girl. I am having irregular periods please suggest me some ways for having regular periods.
Heyy, Actually I face some discomfort in my vagina and white water is also there .Evn when I do sex then I feel it's more. But now it's 4 th day after sex now today I also feel that there is some discomfort under vagina and little bit white water is also there . But another thing is that I have stone in kidney so is it interrelated?
Fibroid tumour is the abnormal cell growth in the uterus and they are mostly benign. Fibroids usually affect women in the age bracket of 30 - 40. Fibroid tumours are of three types, depending on their location:
- Submucosal fibroids: The tumour develops under the lining of the uterus
- Intramural fibroids: The growth is found amongst the muscles in the wall of the uterus
- Subserosal fibroids: The growth develops on the wall of the uterus right in the pelvic cavity
Causes behind it
The exact cause of fibroids in not known clearly. But certain factors have been discovered that might influence their formation. These factors include:
- Hormones: Progesterone and estrogen are the hormones responsible for recreating the uterine lining during every menstrual cycle. These hormones might trigger the formation of tumour.
- Family history: If any member in your family; your mother, grandmother or sister has/had fibroids in their uterus, you may also develop it.
- Pregnancy: Your body produces excessive progesterone and estrogen when you are pregnant, which may cause an increase in the size of a pre-existing small fibroid. Myomectomy can be done by giving incision on the abdomen or by laparoscopy depending on the size and location of the fibroids.
Signs You are suffering from it
- Heavy bleeding along with blood clots during or between your periods
- Lower back or pelvic pain
- Elevated menstrual cramping
- Frequent urination
- Pain during sex
- Longer than normal periods
- Bloating or pressure in lower abdomen
- Enlargement or swelling of the abdomen
How it can be treated?
Your doctor will formulate the right treatment depending on your age, the mass of the fibroids and your overall health. Your doctor may choose a combination of treatment to cure your fibroids, and they include:
- Medication: Gonadotropin releasing hormones (GnRH) agonists, birth control pills and ibuprofen (anti-inflammatory medicine) are prescribed. GnRH agonists reduce the level of progesterone and estrogen in your uterus.
- Surgery: Myomectomy and hysterectomy are two common surgical procedures to treat fibroids. Myomectomy is performed by removing the fibroids only by making an incision on the abdomen. But hysterectomy completely removes the uterus. The latter is reserved for serious cases.
- Non-invasive surgery: Forced ultrasound surgery, myolysis (shrinking fibroids with laser or electric current), cryomyolysis (fibroids are frozen) and endometrial ablation (an instrument uses heat, hot water, microwaves or electric current to destroy fibroids) are some non-invasive surgical procedures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.