Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vidhya MoorthyYour feedback matters!
Sir. What diet should we follow to improve our eye vision and does plain glass or local cooling glass affect our eyes?
I have problem of eyes being red due to excessive use of devices which I cannot quit. What should I do?
I'm having eye sight problems sometimes, after someday it will cured, what can I do to clear this problem?
I am having a power of -2.5 both eyes. Can it never be cured? I am wearing specs all the time. What is the reason of fluctuation of power.
I m naveen n m 22 years old I hve a low vision on my left eye. So what can I do for dat give any precautions to that.
Mere eye me problem has 1 2 mahine se. Najdik ki bastu saph najar aati hair par duri ka bastu dhundhla najar aata hai.
I'm having pain around my eyes (forehead) since four days and not able to study. Please help. Also, I'm a hypertension patient.
Every time I concentrate, watch TV, drive, read, tears form in my eyes. Its like watery always. I don't have any issues in my vision. But if I wear protective glasses the problem seem to disappear. Any ideas why and how to fix this?
I am 56 years old male and have been diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma in right eye recently. Doctor removed it by operation. I just want to know are there any chances of its reoccurance and what will be its effect on my eye. What precautions should I take?
I have shortsightedness for 6 months. Can you help me for care. I wear a diverging lens. It power is - 2.5. How l can see without diverging lens.
I uses spectacles for clear vision, my right eye need -4. 50 & left eye need -6. 00 power glasses. My vision is 6/6. I just wanted to know the alternatives to remove my spectacles like lasic lazer, contact lenses etc. I have heard about the lenses inserted between the cornea & eye, is is technique came to india or not and this technique is safer from lasic lazer or not.
I am 21 years old I have a problem of eye sight I can't able you see without glasses. Is their any cure by natural methods.
I m suffering my eye problem last 3 year. Many time I checkup my eyes but every time my eye number is increase.
Sir my age was 19 years and my weight was 45 kgs I have the eye sight with 2.5 I have wearing glasses from 6 months and I am not interested to wear glasses can I reduce the eye sight to normal by taking healthy foods please tell me what foods want to take regular and eye drops or medicine want to take please recommend or laser treatment could helps me.
I have continue problem in my eyes means there is lot of pain in my eyes when I see any brighter thing it causes problem in my eyes what should I do.
I have the problem with my right eye. I see wavy lines. When consulted the opthalmologist (retina), prescribed for 3 Lucentis injection of which I have take 2 but wavy lines remain the same. Please advise.
Are you suffering from eye pain? Well, rubbing your eyes is not a wise thing to do under such circumstances. Rubbing will only turn the white of your eye into a scarlet-colored surface. The eyes can get irritated due to the influence of foreign materials like dust particles, flies or remains of beauty products. The eyes also develop pain due to physical injury. Here are some tips to get rid of the eye pain or irritation:
- Use Ice pack: In case of an injury, apply ice pack on the eyes. Cold compression on the eyes for 15 minutes reduces any sort of pain or swelling.
- Cry to smile: Tears are known to have positive effects on the eyes. They prevent the drying up of cornea. It is advisable to bathe the eye with artificial tears.
- Compress your eyes: It is advisable to soak a washcloth in warm water and compress your eyes with that to get relief from pain in sty. Sty is an infection of the eyelid, which reddens the lids and causes pain. Warm compression helps in liquefaction of the oils in the eyes.
- Wash your eye: Irritation or pain is also caused by dust particles in the eyes. Therefore, it is best to wash your eyes with saline solution. Don't use normal tap water or distilled water for washing your eyes.
- Get rid of the invader: Try to remove or dislodge any fleck or speck 'the cause of pain' by using a cotton swab.
- Try the cold treatment: It has been found that dry eyes can be treated best by cold application. Apply a pack of ice on dry eyes for 5 to 6 minutes in every two hours. This helps in reducing the pain and forms tears to keep the eyes moist.
- Flip your eyelids: Try to remove the painful particle inside the eyes by pulling the eyelids. Pull the upper lid gently over the lower one so that the foreign particle comes out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.