Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vidhya
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VidhyaYour feedback matters!
My height is 6 ft and weight is 93 kg. My body pain regularly and some weakness in penis. From 8 months what is the reason when I wake up in morning body pain is high.?
I Am 44 years old my throat is very paining and my mouth is unclear please recommended antibiotic I can not it my food.
Is there is no need to take any other medicine in diabetes if we are taking bgr-34 .if there is nedd then for whom?
I have been suffering from intense hair fall and my doctor prescribed me finalo twice a week and canitbz daily where as when I read about sideefects of finalo it included symptoms such as loss of libido and erectile dysfunction I am only 24 and un married please suggest should I take this finalo medication.
I have skin problems. If a mosquito bites me, the bitten area forms red circle I. E. Allergy. Any solution for this?
I have a headache whenever I am stressed. This happens two days a week. Do you recommend for checkup? Please help me.
When I am opening & closing my eyes I feel there is something in my left eye, getting irritation. I tried itone eye drop yesterday night but no effect. By today morning left side headache started were irritation continues. Pls help.
A change in weather bring about changes in the composition of dust and pollen and induce seasonal allergies, which a huge number of people fear. The good news is that there are a number of common food substances which can help control these seasonal allergies. There are specific ingredients in these foods which improve immunity and provide antihistamine-like effects (which is what most anti-allergic drugs do). Some of these foods are mentioned below:
- Green tea: With its natural dose of antihistamines, it prevents you from developing allergies. A hot cup in the morning acts as a good shield against sneezing, which is common with pollen and dust allergies.
- Oranges and strawberries: Vitamin C is essential for controlling allergies and it is always recommended to reach for a couple of fresh oranges or strawberries than popping a vitamin pill. They also contain other substances like traces of Omega-3 fatty acids and Quercetin.
- Garlic: This blocks the production of chemicals that can cause allergies. Eating a couple of cloves in the morning daily will do wonders for the allergy prone people.
- Turmeric: This miraculous Indian spice has strong anti-inflammatory properties and helps prevent all kind of allergies.
- Nuts and seeds: For the vegetarians, eating walnuts and flax seed is a good alternative. A handful of walnut is equal to 3 ounces of salmon. Flax seed also contains selenium which has anti-allergic properties.
- Cabbage and broccoli: The flavonoid called quercetin helps by reducing inflammation that is usually associated with allergies. Other sources include apples, onions, berries, and cauliflower.
- Fatty fish: These contain a good amount of omega 3 fatty acids, and work better than the supplements any day. Take your pick from mackerel, sardines, salmon, tuna, trout, bluefish or herring. These have two types of Omega-3 fatty acids (DHA and EPA) which are known to prevent people developing allergic symptoms. This anti-allergic property provides great relief in people who see seasonal allergic changes.
- Local honey: For those who suffer from pollen allergy, a morning dose of honey helps build tolerance to this kind of allergy.
- Wasabi: This pungent green paste helps breathing by opening up the airways and is very good for blocked nasal passages. It also is rich in antihistamines and helps prevent you from developing allergies.
- Yoghurt and Kefir: These and other dairy products are rich in probiotics which contain a lot of friendly bacteria like Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium, which are generally found in the intestines. They also help build immunity and increase body’s ability to fight allergens better.
So, for those prone to seasonal allergies, there are few things that are easy to find and well within the reach of regular kitchen and can shield against allergies.