Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. VidhyaYour feedback matters!
I am a 16 year old class 10 student and I am having continuous headache for the past 5-6 days. Please suggest some ways of preventing headache.
In my body automatically sperm drops are relizeing how to prevent from that please some natural treatment please.
Doctor. I am getting fever only in the evening in morning it is normal in evening again it is coming. Can you tell me what is the disease?
I have diabetes since last 15 years and it is largely controlled but time and again it goes beyond the regulated limits. I am experiencing pain in my feet and maybe because of neuropathy, and there is also a sense of numbness. Lately is is seen that the third toe on my right leg has curved downward. Can you suggest treatment for the above and who should be consulted. Thanks/regards
Sir. I have hepatitis B. Got during birth. If I eat food bit more than usual, I feel pain near left side bottom Rib. I also feel like hate food for that instant. Is it something connected to liver problem.
I have body pain and head ache n fever past three days. I am taking dolo 650 tablet yet fever isn't gone completely.
I am smoking from the past 5 years . I am 26 years old. I am getting breathing problem frequently. Please suggest how to avoid it. Thanks in advance.
A nose bleed can take place due to a number of reasons, which usually all boil down to acute dryness of the nasal passages. The nosebleed and dryness can stem from sinus, allergic reactions, constant blowing of the nose, infections, and also during very harsh winter months when there is no lubrication in the nose. Nose bleed can also occur due to conditions, such as high blood pressure and when a foreign object gets stuck inside the nose.
Here are a few tips on treating nosebleeds:
- First step: The very first action when you experience a nose bleed should be to sit down. Once you are sitting, you should firmly pinch the spot that is soft. This lies just above the nostril. Do this for at least ten to fifteen minutes. The trick is to stay upright rather than lying down as this will bring down the blood pressure in the nasal blood vessels to stop further bleeding.
- Breathe: Breathe with your mouth as you lean forward to help in draining the blood into your nose, rather than out of it or towards the throat.
- Ice compress: Find a bag of frozen corn or peas in your freezer or an ice pack, and press this firmly against the nose to help in stemming the bleeding. As you are doing so, do not forget to cover the bridge of your nose with a towel so that it prevents you from catching a cold.
- Medication and side effects: If you are on any kind of anticoagulants that end up thinning the blood, then you may immediately want to see your doctor about a possible side effects and a change in the medication. This could also be an effect of haemophilia where the bleeding does not stop.
- Children: If a child who is under the age of two years suffers from such nosebleeds, then you will need to rush him or her to the doctor immediately as it could point at a more serious problem.
- Anaemia (learn more about Anaemia and how it affects the health): Nose bleeds could also suggest the presence of anaemia, so you may want to see your doctor about lab tests to determine and possibly rule out this cause. You can also start medication accordingly for this kind of an ailment.
- Nasal Packing: The doctor can carry out this procedure with the help of gauze that can seal the spot where the bleeding is happening.
- Cautery: This is a minor procedure that involves burning the blood vessel that is causing the persistent bleeding with a stick of silver nitrate. The stick will be inserted after local anaesthesia is administered to the patient.
You must see a doctor for severe and prolonged bleeding.