Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VidhyaYour feedback matters!
I was touching my friend's pet Labrador when suddenly he growled and bit me. There was no blood but I had a swelling and I had pain in my hand. Redness was also there. Should I take vaccination or not? Please suggest.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
Hello Sir I am Himanshu Soni 19 years old boy. I am having pain (not too much just little some times) in my hair roots (scalp) from 7-8 months. Before 4 months I became Bald to get rid from this pain but it didn't work. Now my hair is grown bank at normal size but I am having same problem and also I think I have lost some my hairs in center of my head I am not using any kind of shampoo, hair dryer and conditioner. I am only using coconut oil and multani soil as a shampoo. Not going in pollution areas and not driving bike at high speed. Please tell me what to do which shampoo I have to use? Any Ayurvedic medicine? Any other medicine? And which precautions I have to remember. I am in big tension about my hairs please help me.
•For premature greying, apply a mixture of Aloe Vera gel with wheat germ oil and coconut milk. It promotes hair growth and hair color.
•Apply oil of thistles(bhringraj) daily.
•Daily massage of head with colocynth or bitter apple(indravaruni) seed oil keeps hair black like bees.
•Apply paste of amla on hair,keep it for half an hour,then wash hair.
•Apply oil of nutmeg (jaiphal) daily on hair.
I am around 25 and almost half bald. I start loosing my hair when I was 18. Is it natural or I am having any issue with my hair. Please help me.
I am 20 and have stretch marks on my calf. My weight is 56kg and height 5'1" I also have belly fat. I exercise daily for 10 min. Is there any problem or need to exercise more?
Hello doc, I met with an accident yesterday. I have developed big devil marks (insensitive skin that did not bleed) on my arm and leg. How do I treat them.
Hello sir I am 25 years old and now I am facing big problem of hairfall within one year tell me solution?
I am 28 years old male and I have acne and oily face I tired to use medicines and treatment but no results found, what can I do?
My hair are falling continuously from last 5 months I tried many medicine but they are not stopping I am 19 years old so what do I do to stop hairfall.
I am 27 years old and my face has acne. It can't get cured for a month and my stomach is not cleared regularly. What to do?
I have had jock itch for about 3 months and a couple. Of weeks earlier had sex with my gf who does not have sex with anyone else in my knowledge and since then I have around 10 bumps on my penile head. Is that related to the fungal infection too. Also, the itching has transferred to legs and back too. What meds are recommended for me.
4 years ago I had some fungal infections in my leg ,belly and breast. Couple of months later my belly and leg got cured but I still feel itchy on the breast on the left side. I do not know what it is. Any symptom of breast cancer?
A head full of shiny, black, lustrous hair is a dream, but for most of us, it remains just that a dream. While problems like dandruff and dull or damaged hair can be managed with some hair care products or salon visits, one of the major issues that can be quite concerning is when there is hair loss in certain areas of the scalp. This is only in specific areas, and so medically referred to as alopecia areata. Alopecia areata causes hair loss in oval or circular patches in the head and sometimes in the beard and eyebrows too. The good news is that this condition is completely reversible as the hair follicles are not damaged.
With the right treatment, this can be completely reversed.
Hormonal changes, stress, heredity, drugs, burn injuries, autoimmune diseases, low-protein diet, and some cosmetic procedures are some of the reasons attributed to this condition. Homeopathy gets to the root of the issue and provides holistic cure to not just restore hair growth, but also treat the other associated medical conditions. Some of the following products have been proven effective in restoring hair growth.
- Phosphoric acid: Useful in stressed or aggrieved people with progressive thinning of hair, premature greying, and hair fall. The person would also have mental agony and difficulty comprehending things.
- Fluoric acid: Hair fall occurs with no reason, runs in families, is on the vertex of the head, and easily tangles. The person would have a happy attitude but can be extremely angry and irritable.
- Graphites: This is useful in people who have patchy baldness on the sides, which may be associated with menopause. There could be eruptions on the scalp (and elsewhere on the skin) which are itchy and emit a foul odour. The patient is chilly, fat, and could have constipation.
- Phosphorus: This is useful for people who have dry hair with itchy scalp and dandruff. Hair loss occurs in patches in the frontal area. The patients feel weak, are emotionally vulnerable, and are very helpful. They are better off in the company and can be fearful when alone.
- Silicea: After the process of potentization, it transforms into a wonderful remedy in various disease processes, especially of the skin and hair. Silica is useful for young people who have hair loss in the frontal and forehead regions. There could also be premature greying of hair. These people are nervous and anxious with fixed ideas and may have cold sweaty palms.
- Natrum Muriaticum: This is made from common salt after potentization where its healing powers are exposed. It is specifically used in anaemic females.
While patchy baldness can be very embarrassing and stressful, there are definitely ways to manage it.