Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vidhya
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VidhyaYour feedback matters!
Burning your skin is a very traumatic experience and can leave behind scars that remind one of the traumatic incident. Scarring caused by burns may fade a little with time but are usually permanent. Apart from affecting your appearance severe burns can also affect the functioning of the body. Burns can make a person withdraw socially by making him or her afraid of how people will accept them with their scars as well as make them depressed about their appearance.
Burn repair surgery can be categorised under two headings: Acute and Reconstructive
- Acute repair surgery happens immediately after the burn and deals with large burns and burns that affect critical areas. The focus here is to close the skin in case of open burns and help the skin heal.
- Reconstructive burn surgery addresses the skin after the initial burn wounds have healed. The goal here is to improve the appearance of the scars and ensure no lasting loss of functioning. Reconstructive burn surgery has a high success rate.
There are many types of reconstructive surgeries for burns and the type of surgery best suited to a patient is based on the location of the scar, the extent of scarring and the patient’s personal goals.
- Skin grafts: This involves the removal of healthy skin tissues from one part of the body and transplanting it to the burn site. This skin graft may include only a few outer layers of skin or may involve the entire dermis. This is used in cases of severe burns where a large section of the dermis is affected.
- Microsurgery: This is a procedure where the surgeon reattaches or reconstructs severed fingers, toes, ears etc by sewing together blood vessels and nerves. This is often used alongside other surgical procedures.
- Free flap procedure: In this procedure, muscle, bone or skin is transferred from one part of the body to another to reconstruct the area. This type of surgery is often accompanied by microsurgery.
- Tissue expansion: This involves the insertion of a balloon expander under the skin near the burn site. As the balloon is filled with saline, the skin stretches and grows. Once the skin has stretched enough, the expander is removed and the skin can then be used to repair burn scars.
This procedure has many advantages as the skin colour and texture are a near perfect match thus reducing scarring to a large extent. However, it is a very slow procedure and can take a few months. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I used to go many times out in the day and due to it my skin has became dark. What should I do to make it fair?
My face skin is so dull and tired. It has so many pimples black spot so what should I do to remove the black spots of pimples and keep my skin healthy. Glowing and most imp shiny face.
Hi I am a 26 year old women I been married for 20 months now but have problems in conceiving and obesity my lower half is swollen like my thighs after sex I do have a itchy feeling please recommend me. Plus my husband has psoriasis please help?
I am only 17 and I have hair lost problem doctor say its family problem but then start my treatment for it and I seen result on and its almost 1 year completed for my treatments but the result I seen its slow I used every brand hair tonic my doctor suggested me but the result its work but its really working to slow I used grocapix capixil gain hair by work hard company other I used is coverit pylodil I used alembic grocapix gel too I used gain hair 10% many more but the result is slow so I need your opinion that what should I do next doctor give me medicine too like olahair cal360 oxiglow doctor give me b12 injection too so what should I do next?
Hair fall is a common problem that is characterized by loss of hair from the scalp. It is a fairly common problem that occurs due to various factors such as pollution, stress and an unhealthy lifestyle. It may also be caused due to hormonal problems and hormonal imbalances within the body.
The various causes of hair fall are:
- Alopecia areata: Alopecia areata is a disorder that is characterized by irregular and scattered bald round patches on the scalp. It either causes hair loss in patches or might result in complete hair loss.
- PCOS: Polycystic ovary syndrome is an endocrine disorder (diseases related to the endocrine system) which leads to hormonal imbalance, resulting in hair fall.
- Thyroid problems: The thyroid glands produce hormones in order to regulate metabolism in the body. The thyroid gland producing excess or less than the usual secretion leads to thinning of hair and hair loss.
- Infections of the scalp: Various infections of the scalp such as infestation by ringworm can cause loss of hair. Ringworm is a type of fungal infection that leads to bald spots and thinning of hair.
- Diet: If your diet lacks in important vitamins and minerals such as ‘biotin’ (Vitamin B present inside an egg yolk) which are required for healthy hair, then you may run the risks of hair loss.
In recent times, Hair Transplant surgery has championed the ways in which you can cure hair fall and hair thinning. Let’s focus on the procedure.
The procedure involves a tool that looks like a transparent rod consisting of multiple knobs. In most cases, a wide comb is attached to the knob. In the initial stages, the hair is separated into partitions and the knots in hair are gotten rid of. An infrared comb is used on various portions of the scalp which is followed by an oil massage for 15 minutes. A moisturizing hair mask is then applied on the hair, after which, it is treated with steam.
The hair is then exposed to ultra rays from a bulb for a few minutes. The entire process takes around 45-50 minutes and you need to wash your hair the following morning. This process improves blood circulation in the scalp, thus reducing hair fall. It also happens to be an effective treatment for dandruff. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic surgeon.