Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VenketeshYour feedback matters!
Good day to you. For a few months i've been having numbness and weakness in my left leg and scrotum. Got my mri results back and they say. Mild scoliosis at L4 L5 region with minor disc bulge with no nerve compression. No sign of cauda equina. Small annular tear at L4 region with muscular spasm. What's causing my numbness? How do I fix the disc bulge?
Dr., sir please provide me some best ointment for my hip pain I know this is only muscles pain I already finished my all checkup.
A fracture is a complete or incomplete crack, which appears on a bone due to application of intense pressure or force. A fracture results in extreme pain, and the bone becomes immobile. Any kind of movement boosts the pain. Fracture pain occurs in three distinct stages. Acute pain is felt immediately after a fracture while sub acute pain occurs over the weeks that follow after a fracture. The third stage or chronic pain occurs when the fracture and soft tissues around it have healed.
Fracture pain is quite intense in nature and proper precautions should be taken while dealing with them:
- Development of fracture pain: When a bone undergoes a fracture, the ligaments and tendons are also damaged. While the bone slowly heals, ligaments and tendons fail to heal equally well or completely. Post fracture pain also develops when the outside of the bone does not heal completely. This usually does not appear in an X-ray.
- Treatment of fracture pain: Modern medications can be utilized to treat a fracture pain. Steroid injections and prescribed anti-inflammatory medicines help in treating a fracture pain. However, these remedies cause side effects, which are harmful for the body. Cortisone shots are utilized for the same purpose as well.
- Prolotherapy: Prolotherapy is an approach where ligament and tendon strengthening is stimulated along with repairing. This technique ensures complete treatment of the fracture, and the risk of long-term complications like arthritis is absent. In cases of fracture pain, which occurs due to the incomplete healing of the outer part of the bone, Prolotherapy helps in strengthening the fibro-osseous junction at the source of the pain. This will stop the nerve endings from firing. Prolotherapy provides speedy recovery and accounts for making the injured bone stronger than before. This process is often undergone by athletes. The procedure is undertaken only after thorough examinations for detection of the root cause of the pain. Prolotherapy is considered to be the best treatment for repairing tendons and ligaments, which commonly cause fracture pain. The body is simply stimulated and the painful areas are repaired. This is done by the introduction of a mild inflammatory reaction to the area of the weak tendons and cartilages. The results obtained after Prolotherapy are permanent and the fracture pain is unlikely to reoccur.
- Splints are utilized to stop the movement of fractured bone and braces can be used to support the bone. Plaster cast also supports and immobilizes the fractured bone. Traction and surgical implants are other treatment measures.
- Fracture pain occurs not only because of the broken bone, but also because of the weakened ligaments and tendons around the bone. Fracture pain should be handled very carefully, and proper control measures should be applied.
My wife is having back pain since 4days. We got married 10days ago. Is this is a serious issue and she is feeling weak also. Suggest me what should I do.
I am 49 years old, I am designer, when I am doing design work on computer and work with mouse then too much pain in my hand, I can't able to work, this is from two to three mounth, no any accident no injury in my hand. Please do some.
I had a backache and headache issue since last 2 years I sometimes cause serious issue when I got headache and I can see anything clearly but when I got checkup for my eye sight the doctor says everything fine and I know too that everything can see clearly but when the time of headache got blurred.
I am 61 years old and I have been suffering from back pain (centre to lowback in the spine) since few months-the pain is more while sleeping and getting up. Can you kindly say what ayurvedic medicines I should take for it?
Hi I am 56 and become depressed due to shaking of my body involuntarily. Suggest alternative remedies.
Sir good morning I am bad rest last 10 year by traumatic paraplegia spine level d4 - d5 and don't improvement after stem cell surgery.
I had a partial ligament ACL tear around 10 months back, I had consulted a physiotherapist although it has recovered but I still have pain while doing any physical activity. Is it advisable to wear a knee cap and if yes please suggest which one to purchase.
I'm 43 years old having back pain since 3 months after digonise it is a l4 l5 bulge n sciatica pain said Dr. Now after a one month medicine still mild pain is there on right leg lower back. Done physiotherapy for 2 days they said no pain so no therepy just do some stretch excerise it vll be ok they said. Will it get normal or surgery is necessary I used to drive for long journey by road gym walking please suggest.
I am 45 years old and suffering from hypo thyroid since 2005 and take 100 mcg thyoronom, but off late have been facing mascule pain some time severe in my both legs some time swelling is also there.
Dear sir, I have pain in my ankle. I had been studying the whole month and just sitting on the bench so it is not because I am not working or using my legs too much or walking. It's in the centre in the left foot. Can you please tell me why is it and recommend me a medicine too if I need to take. Thank you!
I have some kind of butt pain from last 5 days. On the first day, the pain was intense and I could not get out from my bed. Although the pain decreased, I couldn't walk after a certain distance. I'm limping from last 5 days. Sometimes I will experience a sudden pain and at other times when I walk a little far, the pain happens throughout my leg which compels me to sit down. Yesterday, I slept on the affected side of the hips and the pain increased and now I'm experiencing continuous pain. I should tell that I experienced a nasty jump in the bike because the tyres were not having enough air. What can be the reason for such pain?
I am suffering from leg joints pains ince 2 months I am looking for good treatment for my leg pains please consultant me a tablets.
I am 21 year old In 2 days I'm not able to walk properly and my right leg are very paining Also my right leg have cramp And then its highly pain.
Being flexible is not always about doing splits or doing some random bending. It is about achieving a level of mobility that will not hold you back from doing whatever you are able to do. Most people think that stretching or flexing your muscles and body as the first method to defend you from pain. But if stretching and flexing can be done correctly, it can lengthen one's muscles and give one relief from pains and aches. Stretching is also done to increase the functional range of one's joints and muscles. There are various ways by which one can stretch their muscles. However, the question which looms over here is which is the correct procedure and which is the wrong one.
The Wrong Vs the Right Way: Before discussing about the correct way, let us talk about the various wrong ways in which stretching can be done. The first rule is that if stretching is causing you pain or if it is hurting you, then you are probably taking it too far. A muscle needs to relax as much as possible, if it needs to stretch. If one is stretching so hard that he or she cannot relax then the muscle will not lengthen. Stretching should never be painful.
One should also avoid stretching for an insufficient length of time. Only a few seconds of stretching will not hold the therapeutic effects of stretching.
The following methods are few of the correct ways to stretch:
- Always start with the warm muscles. Warm your muscles by doing some aerobic movement or by applying heat with the help of a warm bath.
- After warming your muscles, monitor your level of discomfort. Let it go once you feel pain.
- Hold any stretch for at least 30 seconds.
Stretching the Correct Muscle: There are muscles, which need to be stretched and there are muscles, which should not be. So getting to know the correct muscles to be stretched is as important as knowing the correct procedure to stretch your muscles. Every muscle, which does not hurt should not be stretched. There are different types of muscles that cause pain like stiff, tight, short muscles and long muscles. Muscles that are tight should only be subjected to stretching. Stretching muscles that are too long is not a good idea.
Using Physiotherapists: Most people who cannot determine which muscle should be stretched and which should not be should consult a physiotherapist. Physiotherapists can quickly and easily diagnose muscular issues. They will also show ways to stretch which are most effective for particular needs.
Stretching should be made a part of one's life. It is a way by which one can become their healthiest self and avoid muscular imbalances.