Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Venkatesh RamachandranYour feedback matters!
Whan am concentrate in my study or something els my had is start paning what I do for this please help me.
I am anjali (18 years old), suffering from major depression since last two-three years, scored 87 in goldberg's depression test and this year was the worst of all I somehow suffered from hypomania as I learned about its symptoms now online. I am not able to judge my awkward behaviour. I even had anxiety attacks not very much but more than rare. Depression took place from last three to four years back leading me to live all alone without telling anyone about my problems as ultimately no one believes in what I say. And everyone including my family members tend to say I talk rubbish, can never stick to a point while explaining something. It lead to me with poor results in school, family and everywhere and all over I am trying to get rid of this disgusting life and tried to commit suicide from last two years but unfortunately I am not able to judge my unusual behaviour which makes me a fool in front of everyone and no one is able to get my awkward behaviour. I always forget things happen just a minute before, have racing thoughts in my mind, always lack self confidence and become nervous but I don't know how I become so much active and become overconfident, excessively cry always but sometimes I laugh excessively and try to joke poorly and realize afterwards what have I done in front of everyone. I am totally confused about me and my life. Even while trying to get rid of this life I think that after this also everyone will blame me of being responsible for all this. What should I do? Please help me out.
Hello sir im female patient 20years old.Last 20 dates iam suffering from chronic severe headache at total head and cervical bones of the spinal cord,worried about my studies and future,my family,ecreased sleep,neck pain,body chills specially legs,drymouth,sweating in the palms and foot,decreased appitite and anxiety.Yesterday iam going to hospital the doctor was prescribed medications tab.Migrabite,tab.Clonazep0.5mg,tab.Nexito,tab.Naxodam250mg, tab.Serta30mg,tab.Toficalm50mg. The doctor was diagnosis as chronic severe tension type head with generalised anxiety disorder. Please how to reduce and cure the my problem.
I got provoked by male friend at age 13 (now 31 years) and fantasizing about male beauty since then. Very few times I paid attention to girls. I am fearful about getting married. Am I homo or bisexual? please clear my confusion. Any clinical remedies to get rid of gay feeling?
Hi, Always I feel like getting some serious disease like Cancer or something more serious like heart attack. Last year I was diagnosed with "Pulmonary Tuberculosis" Three months back I have completed full nine months treatment. Always I fear like some things wrong is going to happen. Even a minor fever or skin rashes makes me anxious. I have visited many doctors but not getting assured. Please advice. Regards,
I have a short temper every morning when I am late or is working, how can I not be stressed when work is not getting delivered.
What is stress?
There are situations in life when a person is required to perform beyond his/her normal capacity, or situations when some expectations are not met. This creates anxiety, fear and anger. This is a situation where a person feels inadequate, under-confident and experiences loss of control. This affects a person's physical and mental wellbeing. This feeling of fear, anxiety, restlessness is commonly known as "tension or stress".
Symptoms of Stress :
- Anger and aggression: While under stress a person starts doubting his/her own capacity and efficiency because he/she feels inadequate or incapable of performing certain tasks. This creates a lot of anger or frustration and sometime, may result into aggressive behaviour.
- Irritability: Under stress people get irritated for no reason. There is loss of patience, loss of sense of humour.
- Sleep disorders: A person under stress may not be able to sleep at all or in some cases sleep excessively.
- Eating disorders: A person under stress may lose appetite or in some cases, tend to overeat resulting in harmful effects on body.
- Anxiety: Stress may cause a lot of anxiety and restlessness. The person under stress may not to able to concentrate and unable to focus on any activity, making things more complicated.
- Depression: In a few cases a person under a lot of stress may go into depression.
- High BP: Body and mind are closely connected. Hence stress in mind creates stress in the body and under stress, blood pressure may rise.
- High sugar level: Stress may increase the blood sugar levels.
- Headache or unexplained body pains: Stress may cause headache or body aches in different parts of the body, without any physical reason for it.
Sometimes, there may not be any symptoms for stress but the trauma manifests in the form to heart attack, Stroke etc.
What causes stress ?
- Relationship issues - Conflicts in relationships is a major cause of stress.
- Life style - Working for long hours, sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy food habits, along with insatiable urge for money causes a lot of stress.
- High expectations from oneself and from others - The peer pressure, the pressure of constant deadlines builds up a huge stress. When a person has very high expectations from himself/herself without corresponding efforts, there is a fear of failure which causes lot of tension. At the same time, having unrealistic expectations from others also is a definite reason for disappointments, resulting in stress.
- Physical and emotional abuse - When a person is physically or emotionally abused and unable to defend himself/herself for various reasons, it causes frustration. This results in anger and stress.
- Competition - Unhealthy competitions with others create a feeling of inadequency and result in lower self esteem and sadness, thereby causing stress.
- Health issues - Chronic and serious health issues cause lot of tension.
- Suppressed emotions - Lack of freedom to express own emotions and feelings, amounts to stress.
- Lack of assertiveness - Inability to say "No", when wanting to say so, inability to fight for one's own rights, causes tension and anger.
- Boredom - Lack of creative/interesting occupation may cause stress especially in old people or people with physical disabilities.
- Low self esteem, feeling hopeless and helpless - If a person has low self esteem and does not value oneself, it causes lots of negativity and stress.
Why stress management is important?
Body and mind affect each other's functioning. When the mind is stressed out, it gets reflected in the body in the form of high blood pressure, high sugar levels, indigestion, acidity, heartburn, ulcers, skin rashes, headache, nausea, cancer, eating disorders, psychosomatic pains etc. It may trigger asthma, migraine etc.
Because of these harmful effects of stress, the body's capacity to function reduces. At times, it may cause serious threat to one's life. Hence, it is very important to learn to relieve and also to manage stress, in order to have a long and healthy life.
There are a number of ways to relieve stress:
- Sleep, take rest, relax.
- Take a break from daily routine, do something different, take a short vacation.
- Go for a walk/jog/run/cycling. Practice Yoga, meditation, deep muscle relaxation, etc.
- Spend time with friends and family.
- Play with children.
- Spend time with pets.
- Pursue a hobby like reading, gardening, painting, music, dance, singing, cooking, etc.
- Recreation - Watch a movie, play, picnic, go for a drive or shopping.
- Pamper yourself with beauty treatments, massage, or your favourite food/drinks.
How to manage Stress?
Stress is inevitable part of life now. Right from a kid going to Pre-Nursery school to senior citizens staying alone at homes and having severe health problems; all are under lot of stress. No one can avoid stress. But there are certain ways to manage your stress-
- Self-awareness. Learn more about your own self. Understand what induces stress in you, what tasks are difficult for you, what situations are difficult for you and then try to figure out the reasons why it is so. Try to resolve or modify your thoughts and attitude.
- Identify stressors and explore options. Once you identify what is causing your stress, try to find more options to resolve your issues.
- Reasonable expectations and feasible goals. Have reasonable expectations from yourself and from others. Have goals which are possible for you to achieve.
- Learn assertive techniques. Learn to express your feelings, learn to fight for your own rights, understand and respect other's rights.
Try to minimise stress in life and lead a happy healthy life. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
I think too much most of the time about many things. I want to stop this. Can you help me with this?
I am a 34 yrs old housewife. Have 2 daughters - 11 yrs and 1 yr old. I am in continuous pressure for not having a son. This tension is multiplied by my mother in law who wants a grand son desperately. My husband is very much supportive but I am unable to control my thoughts and keep on thinking about it. It has led me to a depression like situation. I want to work as I am well qualified but due to small baby, cant go out. Our is a nuclear family. Sitting at home, managing 2 children and continuously thinking about these things has made my life depressing. Please suggest some solution.
My Dad is 57 Years Old, Me and My Mom are quit sure that he is taking alcohol in Work Place at night, We can feel by his style of talking and He started using some chewing gum to remove the smell of alcohol from his mouth, He Has Blood Sugar and High Blood Pressure. Please Help me because I do not want him to take alcohol anymore.
Dear sir I am a 46 years old guy who has obsessive compulsive disorder (cleanliness) I get stressed easily. Small small issues gives rise to anxiety which I already have. I hate the environment we live in. I get irritated, angry, feel low. I get easily bothered due to this. My relatives keep telling me you are in India and not Switzerland and accept the reality. I want a homeopathic medicine which can address these issues. I would like to take these on a continuous basis so that at least my symptoms remain under control. Awaiting your reply
I want to consult best psychiatrist for vocal treatment not medicine treatment because for past 2 month I can feel depressed and changing by routine and behavior.
How to concentrate on studies and increase memory power .and stop having dirty thought in mind and avoid having super sex desire.
1) avoid sitting on floor.
2) avoid too much of climbing and going down the stair case
3) avoid using indian toilet style.