Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Venkatesh RamachandranYour feedback matters!
I feel abandonement, anxiety issues and awful lot of predicament about future. This has led to increased lethargy and increased decision making time in simple matters leading to disruption of work life. Please help
Hello, my boyfriend has deep depression and what can I do to help him? He doesn't enjoy anything, he has no self-confidence, wants to die. There was lots of unfair cases in his life, so he feels inhibited. Please, help.
Hello sir, I am 17 and I am bit confused. I become anxious very fast and for very little things. I used to think what if this happen or what if that happen and once a possible bad outcome come in my mind, My mind blows and from that moment, I couldn't concentrate on anything and I started to feel as that would certainly happen. This is happening from small to big things over 4 months. Moreover when I did any work or someone told me anything important, I become anxious about what if the person had told me something else and I misheared it, this happens every time. Sometimes when I went to bus stop to my school and saw noon, I started what if there is holiday and I reached it. There are millions of scenario like that. I double confirm everything. I am tired of doing it. The case hasn't been resolved yet, whenever I try to study my mind always swings, it become happy sometimes and sometimes very sad and this doesn't also let me study. And the worst thing is that I can't stop thinking whenever I do it, it pains my head. Tell me what I am suffering from? How do I get rid of it? Please don't tell me any medicine.
I am suffered from oppressive compulsive symptom in which I see faces of different people in my mind only during my study time I am in treatment with aiims delhi since 3 months who treated with medicine name" flunil- 20 mg" one day \night I want to medicine is good for me or not and how much it take to overcome from this disease ?
I am 26 years male. I got a few money problems from my family I am always thinking about them only. I cant able work properly in my office, always thinking what to do what to do?
Hello. I am 22. I was in relationship with two guys before n it all ended up bad. I am very concerned person who gives too much important to others. I happened to fall in love with a guy 4 years younger to me He was so much into me that even I got addicted. But he has started acting weird n we barely talk. Now I'm the one literally behind him n it's hurting my ego. I dunno why I've always been dumped by boys I'm not ugly I suppose n I take care of them a lot. I dunno what is my mistake.
Pain in neck could rather when I'm sleeping and I can smoke for daily what should I do. Night at sleeping how I'm good going on that.
Sir my left eye lid is flickering continuously from last 20 days and sometimes my left arm is also flickering. I'm having high blood pressure and diabetes too. Few days before I consulted a doctor he said that I'm suffering from depression. He gave me anti-anti - depression tablets. Is anything serious? Sir, Kindly reply soon. regards Mehtab Alam. Age-30.
I was preparing for the police selections, but I was unable to run even 400mts. What to do for running long distance without stress? What type of diet should be maintained? What precautions to be taken to run without causing splints?
1. First, don’t isolate yourself – When you’re feeling lonely it is hard to go out and be with others who seem to be OK, and don’t really notice how lonely you feel. But putting up a wall and withdrawing from your friends will only intensify that sense of loneliness, and will further undermine your self-esteem.
2. Second, keep yourself busy – Do things that you normally enjoy with others. For example, listening to a band or maybe going to watch a game … or you could always try something that’s new, but interests you! That would allow you to connect in a non-threatening way … as it takes the focus off talking, and off you.
3. Third, be kind to yourself - It’s likely that you regularly beat yourself up, criticise yourself and are unrealistic in the kinds of expectations that you have for yourself. So what, if it goes wrong? You can always try again – just learn what you can from the experience. And notice your successes and the times when it goes well. It’s likely that this happens a lot more than you think!
4. Fourth, recognise that we ALL battle loneliness at times - You’re not some kind of freak – it’s actually quite normal. It something we’ve all known and understand.
5. Fifth, talk to someone you like and trust – It can really help to talk about your feelings with a family member, a friend or counsellor. It relieves some of the painful sense of isolation – and help to get your life back in perspective again.
HELLO mam & sir. I'm a sensitive person and I have a depression problem from 1 year. And I'm very worried for that. Plzzz give some suggestions.
Social networking refers to a multitude of websites that let the people from across the globe to get in touch with each other and interact through photos, videos discussions or audio. To name a few, Facebook tops the list by having over 1.2 billion active users monthly from across the world, followed by Twitter, Snapchat and LinkedIn.
As per the latest statistics, around 42% of populace online at one time, is using social networking sites either on their laptops or mobiles. Majority of this population is below 30 years of age, whereas the figure is changing for internet users aged 65 years and above. People use these sites to stay in touch with family and friends, to share things, express their views on matters and to find out what's happening in the other corner of the world.
But this usage can have many negative effects on the mental health and well-being of users both children and adults.
- It is addictive: It has been analyzed that these social networking sites are often addictive with people using them daily or even several times during a day. They log in to these sites for many reasons like to overcome boredom, distraction, to check their likes and comments which are usually a positive support after posting a status or information.
- It makes us do unfair comparisons: Various posts on social media at times make people compare their lives with others. And it is said, the grass is always greener on the other side, it makes you feel low thinking how idealized are the lives of people connected to you.
- Social media makes us restless: Many people start feeling restless when they are unable to access their social media accounts.
- Cyberbullying: Social media increases cyberbullying specifically in adolescents.
- Increased use of Alcohol: Social media glamorizes the use of drugs and alcohol since the teenagers often view the pictures of people using it and out of peer pressure would like to try them.
- Social media increases unhappiness: Enthusiastic users feel that social media fluctuates their moods also leaving them dissatisfied in their lives.
- FOMO: It might also lead to FOMO, fear of missing out. Pinterest might give you a feeling that you are not creative or talented, Twitter and Facebook might make you feel that you are not smart and are not enjoying your life enough.
Excess of social networking might also lead to problems like anxiety, feeling of imperfection, may induce a feeling of being miserable or in some cases might even cripple the basic need for social interaction. It has been known to create a digital landscape has exerts an unnecessary and increased pressure on the generation today and the general population has to a larger extent.