Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Venkatesh RamachandranYour feedback matters!
I am 16 years old, I now have lack of interest in things I used to like, I question about everything in world, feel low confidence, have a fear of death and a question why do we live when we have to die. Doctor say it is depression and gave me escitalopram for a week dose but I didn't continue it due to my exams please give me information about DEPRESSION and suggest what should I do.
Smoking 8 cigarettes in a day. Drinking once in a week. Could Any1 say what will be the problems in future.
I am smoking cigarette from past 3 years. At the place of heart Weekly pain I feel. Aur per day. Does it is affect of cigarettes or other thing.
I am in deep love with insecurity due to lack faith on partner because she lives far from me. She is also facing some tension and depressed by having her own responsibilities for that she lack of economical help. For that I want to do something for her but can't able to do anything because I think I m suffering from highly insecurity from her part thinking if she won't take any unrealistic step or decision which'll cause any harm on my love and her life.
Is Omega 3 can be taken in order to reduce Anxiety and Sleep related symptoms? I read lot about its benefits. Can you prescribe which one safe to take?
He was a normal guy. But when he met a girl whom he loved she left him for no reason and now he is in a deadly depression. How can I help him?
Hello I am 21 years old male, I used to smoke cigarettes and marijuana for past 1 year and I lost a lot of weight, I am 50 kgs now and I couldn't stop smoking and I don't eat food on time, also I couldn't stop smoking. Please suggest me the diet plan for gaining weight.
Hi doc. Ts is imthiaz. I have few questions. I can't able to remember certain names, places (names) I frequently forget those names. I Do not no why. But I can able to remember many many things in childhood. And also words collaboration is often. This issue in me about 4 month. And I have piles problem. Doctor suggest me to intake PILEX Tablet. I tnk ts tablet side effect. Wht you tnk. Give me your valuable reply.
I feel unhappy with my life since last 9 year. And I had tried to commit suicide 10 times. And last day I have felt so bad about my life.
I have temper issues. I am very low tempered. This has cost me a lot. But I can't help it. How to overcome this issue?
I'm completing my post graduation in end of this year. I still not got any job I in depression. Full of negative thoughts is moving in head. I can't sleep well that's why health is going down. Please give me suggestion.
Stress can take a toll on your health in more ways than one and your sexual health is greatly and adversely impacted by stress. Stress can take a toll on the emotional relationship you share with your partner and also your own physical health, thus resulting in a hampered sex life.
Stress and Our Libido:
By now, we know that hormones affect our bodies in numerous ways from childhood to adolescence, pregnancy, menopause and beyond. Cortisol is one of the hormones produced by stress, and you might have heard of it if you’ve ever seen those late night diet pill commercials with the image of the pixelated woman gaining weight in her abdomen. Our bodies need this hormone, but in small doses for short bursts of time. If elevated levels of Cortisol are being produced for a prolonged period of time, they suppress our sex hormones. Lower quantity of sex hormones equals lower libido.
Impact of Stress on Sex-
- Stress takes a toll on libido.
- Low levels of libido imply lesser secretion of sex hormones, thus, affecting your sex life.
- Stress can interfere with your fertility, ovulation and sperm count.
- Stress can cause a shift in the hormones. In women, the change in hormones manifests in the form of an irregular ovulatory cycle.
- Loss of intimacy.
- Being under stress constantly can lead to anger, emotional outbursts, depression and loss of intimacy with your partner; thus affecting your sexual relations.
- Stress also affects your body image negatively, thus leading to unpleasant and bad sex.
How to rejuvenate your sex life?
Ayurvedic medicines help to overcome the stress related conditions without any side effects. Some herbs proved to be helpful in relieving stress & increasing libido like Ashwagandha,
safed musali, Shatavari, Manaskalp capsule, Ozaup capsule. These are beneficial in all stress-related sexual problems. Other tips are:
- Communicate your feelings: Many-a-times, communicating and sharing your feelings, desires and anxiety with your partner might be all that you need to rejuvenate your sex life.
- Regular exercise and proper sleep: 20-30 minutes of body work out or a session of yoga everyday helps you to de-stress. A proper eight-hour sleep cycle will also go a long way in de-stressing you.
- Supplements to boost your libido and energy: Taking multivitamins, minerals, zinc and other supplements helps to boost your energy levels and libido, thus allowing you to enjoy your sex life to the fullest.
- Set the mood correctly: Set the right mood before your intimate sessions; with some soothing music, aromatic fragrance and dim lights. This can and will enhance your sex life by promoting relaxation, happiness and overall emotional well being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am suffering from chronic depression since 5 years and my medication is Potheadin75 x2 at night , floxin40 and etirest. 5 in the morning, but recently I feel sadness along with fear without without any cause, the medicine prescribed doctor is not working at all, I have consult the doctor prescribed again the same medicine. I may kindly be give some medicine which relief the morning depression at least. Thanking you.
I' m 52 yrs. I have main problem of drowsiness/ depression (feeling), sometimes pain in left chest. I tried yog, ayurved, alopath & homeopath but could not get cure.
Recently concluded study says taking selfitis is the obessive disorder of clicking one's own photos as a mental disorder taking selfies is ok but a compulsive urge to click yourself and uploaded the image on social media several times a day makes a candidate for selfitis which stems from self confidence
Borderline acute and chronic are the three levels of this disorder and counselling is the way to reduce it