Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Venkatesh Madhan
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Venkatesh MadhanYour feedback matters!
I am 44 years of age, I leave to addiction of codeine phosphate which I regularly taking due to my pharynx and ear problem, moreover I feel very distrub to sound sleeping and I feel very depressed and anxity melanchole problem, please advice me how to overcome ?
Anxiety disorder negative thoughts jyada problem krte hai or dil panic hota hai raat me sote time bhi problem hoti hai head mai dard hota hai please help dr.
I have a headache in my head. I can not concentrate on my studies. Board exams are near I am very worried. How can I manage I can not understand. Help please I want good medicine but I can not get it. I am very thankful for you.
My Problem Is obsessive Thought; Obsessive Image; Obsessive Phobia In Last 3 yrs. No Medicine work; Depression in 3 yrs. No concentration ; No focus in Studies. please solve This problem Sir. I take Floxin 40 mg; Risp 1 mg; Ocifril 25 mg.
I am aged 50 sir I have found that I have developed absent mindedness and dementia. Some of my friends suggested me to take a course in Brahmi as it will improve my memory. I had gone for an angioplasty last year and now am more or less normally functioning do take medicines in this regard. What do you suggest I should do? Is Brahmi contraindicated for angioplasty patient.
Depression due to study. 10th class students. Last study at FIIT Jee, Delhi Now at Home, north east Bihar. From last 4-5 days there was completely no sleep. Haloperidol Injection I.P. 1 ml + Promethazine Hydrochloride Injection IP 2 ml = 2 times have been taken yet lorazepam = 1 time have been taken 20 hrs before (16-17 hrs he has slept continuously)
Hello sir/madam, I was in relation with my gal, mai 10 boards k xam de ra tha or vo 11 mei fr jb main 11 mei hua or vo 12 mei tb hum relation mei aa gy the. Hum ek dusre se Bohut pyar krte the. Ek dusre k liye kuj bhi krr skte the. Hamara kuch kussing hugs sb hote the. But bss is baat se hi dar tha ki vo aone parents ko hurt ni krna chahti thi. Humare relation k bare mei meri puri family janti thi uske ghr se uske bdi sis or chhota bhai. Sab kuj achha chlta rha fr kuj incidents hote rhe life mei jisse muje Pta chla k uske frnz jda important the mere se jdaa. Main use khush rkhne k liye sb kuch krta tha. Fr dheere dheere vo busy rhne lgi apni life mei ese hum dono alag alag clg mei the vo 1st year mei toh m us tm 12 mei tha. Tb usne 3 baar brkup kia reasn same parents ko hurt ni krna chahti thi. Fr mai clg mei hu toh vo 2 year mei sb kuj fr change ho gya she left me nd gave me d same reasn parents ko hurt nae krna chahti. Fr 1 week k baad uske bro ne btaya k vo apne bst male frn k sth flirting krti hai. Fr kuch months k bd mere frnz ne mujhe insist kia ki cll kr new year mei sort out kr. 31 dec k 12 bje continuously call ki but uska no. Busy aa ra tha fr usne muje block kr dia. 30 dec ko apne new no. Se msg bhi kia but no reply fb pr b kia but no reply or block kr dia. Mai is incident k baad bilkul tut gya hu. Na study pr focus kr pa ra hu na apni games pr. M hmesha sad rheta hu usko uski baato ko miss krta hu. Aur ab ese kisi or ldki ko dekht hu toh m sirf use dhoondta hu unmei. I really love her. Na raat ko so pata hu sirf songs sunta reta hu. please help me plz.
Sir I have problem of stammering. So I face lots of problem while talking with someone. So suggest me some medicine or exercise (if any) To reduce this. Plzzz sir.
What to do to get out of anxiety disorders? I can't sleep well because of racing heart and negative thoughts. Its been since months that I have been experiencing the same.
Bipolar disorder is a condition where the patient may go through certain periods of extreme happiness and joy which is known as mania. On the other hand, there may be other periods where the patient may be extremely sad and depressed and even suicidal.
In some individuals, these phases may last quite long whereas, in others, they may change very quickly. However, there are certain common symptoms displayed by patients with bipolar disorder. Let's look at a few of them.
- Feeling extremely happy, to the point of being careless - Certain patients, at the onset of bipolar disorder, will feel extremely happy and have their sense of judgment hampered. When patients feel very elated without proper context, or for very small reasons, it could be an indication that the person is experiencing mania.
- Feeling extremely depressed - Similarly, on the other end of the spectrum, if a person feels extremely depressed without an appropriate reason, it may be due to bipolar disorder. Also, the severity of depression and the length of time for which a person experiences it is also an indicator of the condition.
- Lack of interest in activities which formerly interested you - You may suddenly lose interest in an activity that genuinely interested you earlier. This may include your profession or hobbies.
- Loss of appetite during the depression phases - During the phases of depression or sadness, which may sometimes last for months, a person may rapidly lose weight due to lack of interest in food. Even for patients who have shorter cycles of changes lasting for only a few weeks, this will be noticeable.
- Extreme restlessness and lack of sleep during the manic phases - When the person enters a manic or happy cycle, it may trigger over enthusiasm, restlessness and lack of sleep. This, like the depression phase, will also vary from patient to patient and may continue for the entire duration of the phase. A jump from a depression cycle into this phase will be definitely noticed by others.
If a few of these symptoms are detected, then the patient should be taken to a mental health professional for appropriate treatment as soon as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.