Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Venkatesh MadhanYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old male since recently i am not able to concentrate on anything, my mind becomes blank, I get angry and depressed, I want to get back my mind sharpness and be active what should I do ?
I hv anxiety problems very severe but I took medication for 1 year. But still sum times I feel fearfull in my heart. Fearing negative thought may disturb. I want to get rid of it complete ly. I stopped taking medicines frm psychiatrist. Any suggestion
Sir mujhe 5 year before ajib si problam hoti thhi mujhe ajib sadar lagta thha nd mujhe esa lagta thha jese me mar jaunga uske bad me somthing 1 year bad mera mind thoda disturb rahne laga me bahut ghussa karta thha and mere parivar walo ko lagta thha jese mujhe koi or devi shakti pareshan karti hai me ghar mei hi rota thha and uske bad mujhe 1 ya 2 bar esa hua jese koi or ne meri body control karli hai meri dhadkan bad gayi thhi mujhe aisa lagne laga gaya thha jese me is duniya me nahi hu 1 month pahle me flunil nd olanzpine le raha thha and abhi mujhe thoughts ajib aate hai and me disturb rahta hu mujhe kya karna chahiye.
I'm 36 year old single girl. Lost motivation for life. Putting on weight, No interest for work, gym, No bf. I am not bad looking girl, but diched by many guys .Life seems fucked up. Don't no for whom I should regain my life properly. I sleep in day. Wake up in night. Please advise.
Still single I am suffering from bipolar disorder. I am having waxing and waning of sexual desire. I even have penis size shrinking abnormal small size and extended when erected to normal size or bit more. Is everything normal or abnormal?
Jab tension mein gussa aa jaya tab kya karna chahiye. Gussa ko control karna muskil hota hai kya karu. Aur saar bhe dard hota hai. Kaam ki tension ho ya ghar mein tension . Aisa kya karu. Tension se mukti mile.
Hello Sir/Mam, I am Ekta Airen, my husband Rahul is suffering from mental depression and stress. There are constant mood swings in him, we are into relationship since 3 years and till now we are living just like friends. We are having a good and strong bond, our relationship is good but it is not of a husband wife. He is not working as well as all day he is in stress. At times he do not want me at all at times he want me to be in his life through out his life. Please help him. I want him to get fine.
Schizophrenia is a psychiatric disorder in which a person’s mood, knowledge, thought and several other characteristics gets disturbed. We can notice most of the adults and old people with few symptoms of schizophrenia, which are most commonly left unidentified. The exact cause of schizophrenia is not yet known. The person feels that they are being constantly watched, they feel the presence of someone or something, which is not actually there. They are always suspicious and think that other people are gossiping and thinking about them.
Possible causes of Schizophrenia
Though the exact cause of schizophrenia is not known there are few factors, which contribute to the cause of schizophrenia.
- Genetic factors: People with a family history of schizophrenia are at higher risk of getting schizophrenia.
- Environmental factors: Environmental factors include excessive stress during pregnancy or later stages of life. Several other factors during pregnancy and childhood are responsible for causing schizophrenia. These factors are:
- Decreased oxygen level during delivery due to premature birth or prolonged labour
- Parental loss or separation in early stages of life
- Parental exposure to virus or during infancy
- Childhood physical or sexual abuse
- Abnormal brain structures and brain chemistry
Sings and symptoms of schizophrenia
- Hallucination: To see, feel or hear anything that really does not exist is known as hallucination.
- Delusion: A thought or belief of a person, which is either false or impossible in reality is known as delusion.
- Thought and speech disturbances: The thought process and speech of a schizophrenic will be disorganized, due to which he or she will fumble or is distracted as they are unable to align their thoughts.
- Difficulty in concentrating: It is difficult for people suffering from schizophrenia to concentrate on the task at hand.
- Erratic behaviour: People suffering from schizophrenia tend to behave erratically, either they will be too jumpy or will be perfectly still for hours at a stretch. Most people belief that those who are suffering from schizophrenia are often violent in nature, which actually is not the case.
Treatment for schizophrenia
Schizophrenia can be treated, if identified at an early stage. It is best advised to consult a psychiatrist the moment you spot the symptoms. Anti psychotic drugs, self help behaviour change, counselling and rehabilitation are few treatment modalities available for schizophrenia.