Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Venkatesh MadhanYour feedback matters!
I have my girlfriend with and we often sleep together one or twice a month going physical sometimes. I think we have become addicted to each other and now we want to get rid of this. Kindly help us.
I just done understand why I'm not in a mood to do anything, not wanted to continue with my hobbies. To eat properly food was my favourite thing and nowadays I'm not eating a single roti. Not in a mood to talk to someone. I was doing my dads business But now a days I don't like to go there too. Is it a sign of depression or something. I know tensed for future. I'm 21. What should I go for?
Male 26, our arrange marriage was in january 2016 and I & she are very different from each other beside this we haven't live together more than 2 month after marriage due to our custom and rituals. She is of 23, from very different culture, as she grows up in a very strict atmosphere and don't have much leverage to do things in her own way and I am some dominating nature kind person along with sorry tempered. My partner is having some issues of telling lies and a sense of humour to play with words along with negative thoughts with very quick judgement, SORRY TO SAY BUT THIS TRUE although I repeatedly wave off her all mistakes but its seems like she's making habit of her. If I make any mistake then I am gona suffer which is obvious and if she made any mistakes (like lies and word games) then even I have to suffer; suffer in the sense that I can't say anything to her in loud cause as she is from different culture so it might take some time to get fit in new world. While living together during above mentioned period all because of her habit, once I had cut myself and also I had put my first against the wall and got fractured but still she doesn't know all these things, I know I had done this wrong but even after she doesn't bother about anything and still at her very own track. Now coming to the point I really love her and don't want to lose her and also I had a word over her habits; she makes promises but all goes in drain. Sometimes I am having mix feeling for her. Within few days we are about to live together but all of past things that happened I am not getting how to behave when we'll meet. Please help/ suggest something.
Hi I was Fall down on the ground and it really pain full now . After 2 day I fell better but pain not out my body properly.
I have been suffering from phobia/fear psychosis, anxiety and depression (in cyclic order) along with headache during last 25 years. Also I feel attention deficit and lack of concentration of mind. If I go through a newspaper for one hour, I feel uneasy and throbbing headache along with palpitation. At present I am taking lamosyn (25+50) and d veniz-50 and feeling better. What's your opinion regarding my treatment? kindly offer your valuable suggestions/comments.
Persistence of pain even after full healing of an affected area after injury or ailment is known as chronic pain. Chronic pain can also occur due to an undiagnosed underlying condition within the body. Any form of pain which lasts for more than 6 months can be categorized as chronic pain. Chronic pain might be continuous or episodic, excruciating or mild, totally incapacitating or merely inconvenient.
Symptoms of Chronic Pain include:
1. Light to severe pain that keeps occurring from time to time and cannot be relieved easily.
2. Occurrence of pain that can be described as burning, shooting, aching or even, electrical.
3. Constant feelings of discomfort. This includes stiffness, tightness or soreness in the affected area.
Chronic pain usually does not occur alone and is often accompanied by other problems such as:
1. Lack of sleep
3. Weakened Immune System
5. Mood Swings that include depression, fear, hopelessness, anxiety, stress, irritability, etc.
Reasons behind it
There are a number of different factors that can cause chronic pain. Some of them are:
- Aging: Common conditions associated with normal aging can have an effect on joints and bones, giving rise to chronic pain.
- Incorrect treatment and improper healing: Bad diagnosis or incorrect medications or procedures may cause improper healing of injuries as well as damage to nerves leading to chronic pain.
- Underlying disorders or diseases: Diseases are also capable of causing chronic pain. Conditions like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia are some well-known diseases that cause chronic pain. However, persistent and chronic pain might occur due to sicknesses like multiple sclerosis, cancer, AIDS, stomach ulcers as well as gallbladder disease.
In most of the cases, the reasons behind chronic pain can be rather complex. Sometimes, even though the chronic pain begins with an illness or an injury, the ongoing pain is capable of developing into a psychological aspect even after the physical issues have been healed, thus making treatment tricky.
Chronic pain is usually managed using a combination of physical therapy, medications and exercises, which helps in reducing the pain. Examples of pain relieving medications include ibuprofen and aspirin. Day-to-day activities can be performed only if this pain is adequately controlled. Additional techniques include:
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA): The target of this technique to address the nerves that are responsible for sending pain signals to the brain. This is achieved by placing the heated tip of a needle in a region which is extremely close to the nerve. The heat renders the nerve incapable of sending the pain signal.
- Pain Shots: This is used to deliver medications to the exact site of the pain. Nerve blockers are also used to block signals from reaching the brain.
- Alternative approach: These include acupuncture, massages and yoga along with other treatments from alternative medicine.