Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Venkatesh M P
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Venkatesh M PYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. My 8 month old daughter has a running nose and due to that she can't breath properly during night time and hence she cries a lot. We give nose drops but it doesn't help much. Please advice what to do. Thank u.
ADHD, which stands for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, is a chronic brain condition that leads to difficulty in prolonging attention on to a single thing, impulsiveness and hyperactivity. Though it mostly affects children and teenagers, it often continues into adult life as well, and can pose serious issues in adult lives - specially in maintaining jobs and relationships.
Effects of ADHD on your sex life:
- Impulsivity: If you are suffering from ADHD, it is highly probable that you are often very impulsive in nature - and are susceptible to taking a number of risky decisions, such as unprotected sex.
- Attention-deficit problems: Since your thoughts are often jumping from one thought to the other, you will find it very difficult to actually concentrate on any single job at hand. Since sex requires attention and use of judgment, distractions can prove to be detrimental to a healthy sex life.
- Hyper-sexuality: This refers to the condition of an unnaturally high sex drive. It is basically caused by the stimulation of the brain by the release of endorphins during sexual arousal, which often leads to calmness and relaxes the restlessness that is otherwise so common to ADHD patients.
- Hypo-sexuality: This is exact opposite of hypersexuality. This condition refers to an unnaturally low sex drive, where you may often lose all interest in sexual activity completely. Often, this is a product of ADHD itself, but it can also be attributed to being a side effect of a certain type of medication, especially anti-depressants.
- Other disorders: Women suffering from ADHD have been known to have difficulties in achieving orgasm, often in spite of prolonged sexual stimulation. Also, if you are suffering from ADHD, you may also tend to be hypersensitive - which implies, something that feels pleasurable to your partner, may be painful or irritating for you.
Certain suggested treatments for improving the sex lives of people suffering from ADHD are:
- Including variety in sexual activity, such as different locations, positions etc.
- Communication, which proves very beneficial in combating intimacy issues
- Prioritize, and try to stay in the moment and not zone out, if you are suffering from ADHD disorders
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I have tinnitus and loss of hearing in right ear, I read at one place on internet that there is some medicine for this in homeopathy. Can any one help me in this regard
Hi my son is 17 days old jab woh toilet karne ke samay bohat rota hai and pressure bhi deta hai aisa kyu ho raha hai.
In most instances it has been found that the habits we inculcate during childhood are carried to adulthood, so, it becomes all the more important in parenting to nurture good eating habits and expose toddlers to healthy foods. Being a parent we can inculcate healthy eating habits in our children. For this you can try these:
- Check the refrigrator: Try your best to keep only healthy snacks/foods so that even if the child opens the fridge his choice is healthy .Avoid keeping excess cold drinks, chocolates etc.
- Be a role model: Always set a good eating example for your child to copy ,share the meal time and eat the same healthy food. Try to avoid foods in front of children that you don’t intend to give them.
- Make boring food interesting: Try to make daily routine food interesting for the toddlers ,for example one can make a cute smiley on the vegetable sandwich you intend to serve to your child.
- Awareness: Parents must be aware about the food available in market. You must be in habit to read labels before buying. Take your child to grocery shopping and inculcate habit of reading labels in them also, make them aware of importance of these labels.
- Involvement of child: Involve your child in preparing meals as they may be more willing to eat or try foods that they help to prepare.
- Food as reward or punishment: Try not to use food as reward or punishment for your child. Like sending your child to bed without dinner as a punishment may make them to eat whenever they get a chance, similarly sweets or dessert should not be used as reward for finishing vegetables as child may assume that these foods are more valuable and this will unknowingly sent wrong message .
- Eat meals together often: Make meal times pleasant with conversation and sharing, not a time for scolding or arguing.
- Encourage: Encourage your child to eat slowly this will give brain time to register fullness.
- Free your child: Sometimes or on occasions,festivities as you are restricting them on a daily basis, you only worry about daily routine and not holidays.