Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Venkatasubramaniyan.K.Your feedback matters!
I am suffering from mouth ulcers since a week. I used an ointment for that also and tablets too still am suffering by mouth ulcers I can't eat or drink anything easily. What should I do for that?
Tongue cleaning is as important as brushing and flossing. Use of a proper tongue scraper every morning will remove tongue plaque and freshen your breath.
I have dental problem. I get sensitivity and due to that I am not able to concentrate on things. Please guide.
She is having pain in her teeth some times as she has changed some of them 4 months back. Please advise.
Hi sir, My 2 years son is feeling pain with new teeth and stopped eating and toueng is also a small looking rashes, Plus suggest me with best prescription or suggestion Thanks
There is a tingling sensation in my teeth and gums since 3 days. It's not painful. I don't feel it when am seriously on some work but when am idle, it is bothering me a lot. I just can't stop poking it. What do I do? What's the cause of this tingling?
How to get rid of bad smell from mouth .even I am brushing daily perfectly. The yellow color spit (pasaru in yellow color) does not coming from mouth and that leading to bad smell. What can I do now to get bad smell from mouth.
I'm 17 years old, n I want to have braces on my teeth because of spacing between the teeth. What should I do. How much does braces cost in bhubaneswar.
Though it may be very common, spitting out blood while brushing, however little, is not normal. Bleeding gums can be an early sign of gum diseases like gingivitis and periodontal disease and hence should never be ignored. It can also be a symptom of scurvy. Plaque, when accumulated over time can lead to the inflammation of gums. Vigorous brushing or flossing over these inflamed gums can make them bleed.
Other causes for bleeding gums can include:
- Vitamin deficiency
- Blood thinners
- Mouth sores
- Bleeding disorders
- Hormonal changes
- And, health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and leukemia
Regular dental checkups are essential to maintain healthy gums. A tooth clean up will rid your mouth of plaque and tartar that cause gum infections. Apart from that, here are a few things you can do at home.
- Eat a healthy diet: Avoiding excessive sugar can help keep your gums and teeth healthier. Replace this sugar with a diet rich in vegetables and fruits. This gives your gums the necessary nutrients. Chewing raw vegetables can also improve blood circulation in your gums and can help treat bleeding gums. Boosting your intake of vitamin A, C, calcium and magnesium can also keep your gums healthy.
- Dental routine: Brushing and flossing regularly are crucial to good dental health. This removes harmful bacteria that trigger dental infections. Make it a habit to brush and floss at least twice a day. The way you brush also makes a difference. Brush both sides of your teeth in an upwards and downwards movement instead of going from side to side. Also pay attention to the condition of your toothbrush. Change your toothbrush every six months and pick a soft or medium bristled toothbrush instead of firm bristled toothbrushes. Hard brushes can damage the soft tissues inside your mouth. Also, make it a habit to rinse your mouth with mouthwash after every meal. Alternatively, you could use a weak saline solution or hydrogen peroxide.
- Manage stress: Even your gums are affected by stress. Stress increases inflammation that causes bleeding and reduces the immune system's capability to fight infections. Studies have also shown a direct relationship between stress and the build up of plaque. Stress can also make it harder for you to maintain a healthy lifestyle and good dental habits.
- Stop sharing: Bleeding gums is a communicable infection. To protect yourself from bleeding gums, do not share things like glasses, cutlery etc. sharing toothbrushes should always be considered as a taboo.