Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
My urine has been very yellowish for the last four days. What are symptoms of jaundice and why my urine yellow. And also I am suffering from cold and cough.
I have stone pain in my kidney . Please tell me a natural solution for brake them in side. I do not want any kind of operation. please tell me sir or mam.
I have kidney stone & stones are in my both kidney in left kidney two calculi 7.9 &7.4 in right kidney one calculi 7.2 &one calculi is seen at uv junction actually I'm taking some medicine but I have no relief please help me.
Hi Urimax .4 mg as advised to me for treatment of enlarged prostate is right and enough. Secondly is this problem exagrate in winter and in colder places say like AC rooms.
I am suffering from much urine out going in 24hrs approx 12 to 14 times urine out please give me the suggestion for this problem.
I use get yellow colour urine every time. masturbation can be a cause. If yes, then what should I do get rid of this?
My mother one kidney is damaged and other is fine but blood urea is 131 and creatinine is 8.4 the doctors done dialysis of my mother 4 times are they done right thing because my mother right kidney is okay but they have three stones in it?
Hi Doctor, my brother is 19 years was admitted in the hospital in Nov 2015 for danger that time we came to know that his right hand side kidney size is very small it's not grown like the other side as in his pass history when he born as a child he was operated for not get his still after he born on second or third day after that he was all fine & healthy kid but after last year danger issue we got to know about the kidney we have already discussed with many doctor they sd he will not get any issue but I am worried alot suggest me can the right side kidney size can be back to a normal size? If not then what we should give him to eat to maintain good & healthy body, even he has high blood pressure he is taking stamlo 5 tablets daily.
Hi, I am 19 and I have been experiencing major itching an burning sensation while peeing and release of white fluids from vagina since past week. Can you tell me the reason and how to cure. Do I need to see any doctor for this?
A kidney stone is a hard, crystalline mineral development, which forms within the kidney or the urinary tract. It is called nephrolithiasis in medical terms. Kidney stones occur due to the decrease in urine volume or due to an excess of substances in the urine which are stone-forming in nature. Dehydration is considered to be a primary risk factor for kidney stones too.
Causes of kidney stones:Kidney stones develop when the urine contains increased amounts of crystal forming substances. They include calcium, oxalate and uric acid in amounts which the fluid in the urine cannot dilute. Your urine may also lack the substances which help in prevention of crystals from sticking to each other, thereby enhancing the conditions for kidney stones to form.
The balance of your urine can change due to several factors:
- Not drinking sufficient amount of water makes the salts, minerals and other substances present in the urine to stick together, which may lead to the formation of a stone.
- The normal urine balance may get disrupted due to several health conditions, which lead to kidney stone formation. Diseases such as gout or certain inflammatory bowel diseases can also cause kidney stones.
- Many cases of kidney stones are hereditary and run in families, affecting family members over many generations.
- A rare cause of kidney stone formation is the overproduction of hormones by the parathyroid glands, which results in increased levels of calcium leading to calcium kidney stones.
Types of kidney stones
Kidney stones are of different types, which occur due to several, different causes. They are as follows:
- Calcium stones: Calcium stones account for being the most common form of kidney stones. They occur due to excessive calcium in the urine. This may happen due to an inherited condition known as hypercalciuria, the overreaction of the parathyroid gland, kidney diseases, several cancers or from a condition known as sarcoidosis. The stones may be large and smooth or rough and spiky.
- Struvite stones: These stones are caused due to infections. And they usually occur after a urinary tract infection. This form of kidney stone is more common in women though.
- Uric acid stones: These stones occur due to large amounts of uric acid in the urine. It may occur from having a high protein diet, from a health condition called gout or from a hereditary condition where the amount of uric acid in urine increases.
- Cystine stones: These are rare kidney stones and occur due to a hereditary health condition known as cystinuria.
Kidney stones occur due to the change in balance of water, salts and minerals, which are present in the urine. Insufficient water consumption is often the most common cause of kidney stones. So make sure you drink lots of water to keep stone formation at bay. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.