Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Venkat SubramaniamYour feedback matters!
My father has diagnosed with middle calyx 3.8 mm kidney stone. And 300 cpk nac level. And e.histolytica infection. His blood pressure increases sometimes but any drug of blood pressure worsens his condition to reduce blood pressure he takes drugs like trika, Stemetil, zolfresh, and he is also suffering from pain at right side of body from hip bone to back side of neck that is occurring frequently. He said that before 20 years he was given a penicillin injection by a doctor and after two days he drink beer and immediately this pain occurred.
Dear doc from two days I feel something weird feeling in my testicles. It is not pain or itching its feel like in pennis or testicle. I have uti problem.
Frequent urination difficlty with burning more during night since 4 days and less in volume. Earlier frequent urination with difficulty in holding but fair volume .I am Maleof 80Years old. Kindly advise.
Hi, I am having sharp pain in anal while passing motion. I am mother for 2 months old boy. Please suggest me.
I experience pain during urination and have abdominal pain throughout inspite of drinking lot of water I am not able to recover the pain and this is happening from past 1 month. What should I do?
A cyst that grows on the surface of the kidneys or inside the kidneys is known as a kidney cyst or a renal cyst. These cysts can be described as fluid-filled sacs that cause the kidneys to be enlarged and reduce their functioning capacity.
Symptoms of Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Dull aching in loins.
- Vague abdominal pain.
- Frequent urination.
- Anaemia: moderate to severe.
- Blood pressure: raised.
- On palpation abdomen
- Enlarged irregular kidneys.
- Large knobby renal masses.
- Enlarged polycystic liver (50% cases).
If not addressed in time, renal cysts can lead to kidney failure and hence be fatal. Thankfully, with homoeopathy, you can treat these cysts with negligible side effects. Some of the most well-known homoeopathic remedies for renal cysts are:
- Apis mellifica: This homoeopathic remedy is often prescribed for acute forms of renal cysts. In such cases, the patient usually experiences swelling of the face, hands and feet, headaches and back pain. They may also experience a dull pain in the kidneys and have scanty urine. A study of the urine typically reveals high amounts of albumen along with blood corpuscles. The patient may also complain of a feeling of suffocation.
- Arsenicum: Arsenicum is a common remedy for Kidney cysts. It is especially effective in cases where the cysts cause a waxen appearance, paleness, excessive thirst, diarrhoea and dropsy. Patients who benefit from arsenicum typically have dark urine with high amounts of albumen. They may also complain of dyspnoea attacks that are aggravated by lying down and relieved by expectorating mucus.
- Phosphorus: Characteristic symptoms of kidney cysts that can be treated with phosphorus include tiredness and muscle pain all over the body, increased drowsiness and having very cold hands and feet. Unlike other ailments in this case the patient usually feels most tired on waking up. He may also complain of internal body heat without having an urge to drink water. Forgetfulness, giddiness and headaches are other symptoms that can be addressed by phosphorus. He may also find it difficult to lie on his side and complain of nausea and vomiting.
- Digitalis: Kidney cysts that are accompanied by cardiovascular symptoms such as a feeble pulse can be treated with this homoeopathic remedy. It can also be sued to address dark and scanty urine, rheumatic pains, weak circulation and faintness of the stomach.
Other homoeopathic remedies for kidney cysts include belladonna, plumbum, glonoine, apocynum and cantharis. Homoeopathy addresses the body as a whole and not just the symptoms presented and hence is considered a holistic form of treatment. It is also favoured by many since it has negligible side effects. However, that should not imply that homoeopathy is safe to self-medicate with. With homoeopathy, what works for one person may not work for another, Hence. if you begin experiencing pain in your kidneys or any of the other symptoms associated with this condition, you must consult a homoeopathic doctor to get the right medication.
I have tendency of getting anal fissure if stool becomes hard. I have persisted digestive problem. I have seen many gastroenterologist but no improvement. occasionally my stool becomes hard and when stool hard then deep anal fissure occur. Usually my stool is soft but as I have persisted digestive problem so I have to take different type of medicines and as a side effect sometimes stool becomes hard and anal fissure occur. So what I should do when my stool becomes hard as a side effect of medicines so that anal fissure do not occur? I eat high fibre diet fruit vegetables still occasionally stool hard.
My urine test shows sugar and yeast cells. I urinate a lot and feel very thirsty and hungry. I am more than 10 kg overweight and 39 years Old. Am I diabetic?
My father age 58 years is having stone in kidney about size 9 mm .earlier it was 5 mm then after few months report it was 4 mm and now the size has increased to 9 mm .what can be the solution please tell .stone is in left side.
One of the doctor suggested to take plenty of water and I did the same so the urine color changed to normal sir but I lost my father on this January as he suffered from CKD does this is a hereditary disease.
Sir, I am sick from enlarge prostate gland. I go to toilet again and again near about in a day 8 times. Please advise me.
I have weak rectum but no prolapse. I can not sit due to pelvic retul pain. On laying the intestine is strained. On standing I feel that intestine is going down. Can it may be treated by pelvic exercises. If surgery is successful in its treatment.
I have 3 times excretion in a day is there is any problem. Becoz I go 3thrice in urinal .Does it normal or something else.
Pregnancy is definitely the most wonderful period in a woman’s life. It has its won bliss and hazards as well. To gain something, you need to bear the pain. There are a plenty of conditions that come as side effects of pregnancy. The experiences may vary from woman to woman. Thus, urinary incontinence is a condition that is experienced by some women. It is a medical term to refer to the involuntary loss of urine during pregnancy. This might be sometimes mild in nature. Pregnant women may experience this condition quite frequently. It may even last after pregnancy or disappear soon after childbirth. It may also occur to women in their late 40s, as they develop bladder problem with age.
Causes of Urinary incontinence in women during pregnancy: Researchers believe that the urinary incontinence in pregnancy is caused due to stress on the urinary bladder. This is called stress incontinence. It happens as extra pressure is put on the urinary bladder. The sphincter muscles in the bladder don’t work well to hold the urine during pregnancy. Another reason behind this condition is an overactive bladder. Women usually don’t posses an overactive bladder. They are known to have controlled spasms. Sometimes, the urethra or the tube carrying urine may also be the cause of urinary incontinence in pregnancy. The tube is infected or affected to give birth to this condition.
It has also been seen that the sphincter muscles get stressed in pregnancy. The urinary bladder exerts pressure on the sphincter muscles and in the pelvic region. This may lead to leakage of urine. The condition is such that urine may leak out even at the slightest movement like sneezing or coughing by the pregnant lady.
Incontinence may continue even after childbirth as the entire pregnancy puts enormous pressure on your pelvic region. As a result of which, the muscles in the pelvic region become weak. The condition leads to overactive bladder. The condition may also arise due to the following reasons:
1. The nerve cells that regulate the functioning of the bladder got damaged.
2. The urethra and the urinary bladder may have got shifted from their original position during pregnancy
3. Episiotomy in the pelvic region.
How to avoid pregnancy incontinence?
You should not panic about urinary incontinence. You have ways to deal with this issue. You can schedule your bathroom breaks to avoid stress and embarrassment. Moreover, you can practice kegel exercises to keep your pelvic region healthy and strong. Try to keep a check on your body weight prior to planning a pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.