Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Venkada PrasannaYour feedback matters!
I am 36 years old and I am suffering with migraine since 3 years. Some times its complications are very painful for me. Please tell me some precautions in migraine. I also wants to know whats are the precautions and complications of migraine?
Does Daxid 50 mg (two tablets daily) have a role to play in curing sleep apnea? Or is it only to treat depression?
Dementia is a general classification of a brain disease that causes a long haul and frequently steady abatement in the capacity to think and recall that is sufficiently incredible to influence a man's everyday functioning. Other normal manifestations incorporate passionate issues, issues with dialect, and a lessening in motivation. An individual's awareness is not influenced. The most common example of dementia is the Alzheimer's disease.
Physiotherapy for Dementia:
A patient with dementia can benefit from physiotherapy regardless of the possibility that the patient can't perceive their own family. Physiotherapy, notwithstanding, can be of good advantage to the individual who has dementia and also their family and parental figures at different stages. The principle explanation behind this is that recovery administrations can help the dementia patient to be as utilitarian as would be prudent for whatever length of time that is conceivable. Here are 5 ways physiotherapy benefits an Alzheimer's patient:
- Physiotherapy can keep up the Alzheimer's patient's freedom and mobility as much as one could expect reasonably. A physiotherapist can outline a home activity program and work intimately with relatives to administer to the Alzheimer's patient.
- Physiotherapists, as independent experts, embrace much detailed, separately custom-made appraisals of the disorders, action confinements and restrictions imposed upon individuals with dementia.
- The caretakers of individuals with dementia regularly show weakness when contrasted with their same aged companions. Physiotherapy helps with diminishing the weight of consideration by instructing caregivers to provide encouragement and upliftment to individuals with dementia.
- Patients with dementia are always at a risk of falling down and hurting themselves. Poor balance accounts for the danger of falls. This can be worked upon and improved by physiotherapy driven exercises. Exercise can have a huge and positive effect on behavioral and mental indications of dementia, enhancing psychological capacity and mindset, which can decrease the doses of strong medicines. Special exercise routines are assigned to the patients which help improve their body balance while walking.
- Physiotherapy has crucial influence in advancing and keeping up portability of individuals with dementia. It assumes a basic part in the end of life consideration by overseeing situations, seating and complicated muscle contracture. Individuals with dementia regularly experience issues in communicating pain. Pain influences cognizance, inspiration and reaction to any intervention. Physiotherapists are specialists in recognizing and treating pain in dementia patients and give training to care home staff and caregivers of the patients.
Physiotherapy is very important for dementia patients. Regular physiotherapy sessions are beneficial for patients for improvement in condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
I am 22 years old female and I am married woman. Meri shadi ko abhi 4 months hue hai or Maine apne husband mai kuch problem notice kiya hai ki sote time unkye per hilte hai kabhi kabhi aise bhi hilate hai and unke kabhi hath bhi kapte hai ye koi problem tho nai hai n.
Seizures can occur for a number of reasons and often they can be prevented. One common cause of seizures is epilepsy, and in most cases, seizures associated with the condition can be prevented if you know what's triggering them and take steps to modify or avoid those triggers.
Epilepsy Causes, Treatment, and Prevention
Epilepsy — a disorder in which a person has recurring, unprompted seizures due to abnormal electrical activity in the brain — affects an estimated 50 million people worldwide. In about half of those people, the cause of the epilepsy is unknown. Among the other 25 million individuals, the cause may be a defect in the structure of the brain, a tumor or stroke, or a severe head injury — the most common known cause in young adults, according to the Epilepsy Therapy Project. Therefore, it's important to protect your head with a helmet any time you're engaged in an activity in which your head could be damaged, such as playing a contact sport like football or riding a bicycle, all-terrain vehicle, or motorcycle.
There are several medications that can successfully treat and manage epilepsy and help keep seizures to a minimum. Anticonvulsant drugs can work if taken correctly. In some cases, a low carbohydrate, high-fat diet known as the ketogenic diet may be prescribed to help treat children with epilepsy and prevent seizures.
Know Your Triggers, Prevent Seizures
Epileptic seizures are often associated with particular triggers or changes in your daily habits or routine. Here are some common behaviors and factors that may trigger an epileptic seizure:
.Stress, anxiety, or other emotional issues
.Alcohol or drug abuse or the process of quitting alcohol or drugs
.Change in sleep schedules, feeling very tired, or significant sleep deprivation
.A change in medications, or skipping or missing a dose of .anti-seizure medication
.Something that overstimulates the senses, like lights that flash brightly, watching television, playing video or computer games, or working on a computer
.Hormonal changes in women, often from pregnancy or menstruation
.Mental strain, such as from solving complex problems
You can't always predict what will trigger an epileptic seizure; sometimes they'll occur for no apparent reason. But many people are able to see a correlation between certain behaviors and their seizures. By taking steps to minimize these factors, you may be able to prevent seizures.
Seizure Prevention Tips
Here are some tips that may help reduce your risk of having an epilepsy seizure:
Get plenty of sleep each night — set a regular sleep schedule, and stick to it.
Learn stress management and relaxation techniques.
Avoid drugs and alcohol.
Take all of your medications as prescribed by your doctor.
Avoid bright, flashing lights and other visual stimuli.
Skip TV and computer time whenever possible.
Avoid playing video games.
Eat a healthy diet.
Until more is known about the causes of epilepsy and how it can be prevented, your best bet to prevent seizures associated with epilepsy is to avoid the things that can trigger your seizures. This can make a measurable difference in the number of seizures you have.