Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VeniYour feedback matters!
10 Tips to Maintain Healthy Teeth :
“Be true to your teeth, they won’t be false to you.”
- Brushing :
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Night brushing is very important, because during sleep our mouth is at rest so there are more chances of accumulation of bacteria which cause further cavities and leads to disturbance in the oral cavity.
- Follow a proper brushing technique.
2. Use a good fluoridated toothpaste with a right toothbrush. Toothpaste should have 1000ppm of fluoride and toothbrush should have a small and narrow head with soft bristles.
3. Flossing :
- Flossing helps to remove food stuck in between your teeth.
- It can be done daily or 2-3 times a week.
- Waxed dental flosses available in market are of Oral B, Colgate.
4. Interdental Brush:
- If the spaces between the teeth are wide, you can use an interdental brush.
5. Oral Irrigation:
- Now-a-days, a new dental aid is added which helps to clean the teeth, interdental areas, inside the gums and below the crowns more easily.
- It is also known as dental “Water flosser” or “Oral irrigator” available in brands like waterpik, panasonic etc.
6. Drink plenty of water and rinse after every meal.
7. Clean your tongue surface daily.
8. Pit and Fissure Sealants:
- The grinding teeth in a person mouth erupt at 12-16 years of age. They have deep grooves and pits in which food gets stuck. A Sealant is applied to these teeth which makes the grooves shallow and prevents food and bacteria from getting into the teeth and causing decay
9 .Whitening - Home Remedies :
- Add a pinch of baking soda in drinking water and rinse twice a day.
- Consume strawberries once a day or crushed strawberries applied to teeth helps as teeth whitener.
10.Visit your dentist every 6 months and get your scaling (cleaning) and polishing done.
Dr. Puja Bansal - Prudent International Health Clinic, Kalyani nagar, Pune.
My period date is 20 and I had a pregnancy test on 15 by preganews. Result was negative. I wanted to ask wen should I take a pregnancy test so that I have a confirm result.
If you are over 35 years of age at the time of conceiving or have a positive triple test( for down's syndrome screening) or have a significant positive family history of a genetic disorder, you may be asked to undergo a procedure called amniocentesis between 15-18weeks of pregnancy.
During pregnancy, the fetus is surrounded by a water bag which acts as a cushion for the baby. This water is mainly formed by the baby and is called the Amniotic fluid.
Amniocentesis is a procedure through which we remove a small amount of amniotic fluid from the water bag in the uterus. This fluid contains cells shed by the fetus and these cells can be analyzed in the lab to give us genetic information that we need.
The procedure usually involves getting an ultrasound done and then under constant ultrasound guidance,a needle is introduced through the mother's abdomen into the water bag. Around 15-20 ml of fluid is removed and sent to the genetics lab so that the cells can grow and be analyzed. Early results are usually available in about 3 days a and the final reports are available by 3 weeks.
Amniocentesis is a definitive test and helps to confirm a tentative diagnosis of an abnormality previously found with other screening tests. It may also find that a fetus does not have the abnormality that was suspected.
Dear dr, May I know why oral is not an acceptable sex act.Is it a problem by doing with others or even between husband and wife.
Liver is the largest internal organ of our body and plays an indispensable role in a number of important body functions such as blood detoxification, glucose storage, storage of iron and vitamins etc. Liver disease, commonly known as hepatic disease affects a large part of the liver tissue and can be treated effectively if detected while it is in its initial stages.
Here are five major symptoms of liver disease which you must watch out for:
1. Weight loss: Rapid loss of weight is the most common and noticeable symptom of liver disease. If you feel that you have lost an extra couple of kilos within the span of a few months, you should definitely consult your doctor and get a check-up done.
2. Fatigue and weakness: This is usually accompanied by weight loss. As the body loses fat, it tends to become lethargic, low on energy and fragile. Feeling tired at all times and witnessing a reduced stamina can be signs of liver disease.
3. Tendency to easily get bruised: Liver disease affects at least three quarters of the liver tissue which makes your body susceptible to bruises, cuts and wounds. The skin becomes fragile and is thus damaged easily at the slightest provocation. Moreover, once bruised, it also takes a longer time to heal than normal, as the generation of new tissues is erratic and takes longer amount of time.
4. Darker than normal urine: This is another early warning sign of an impending liver disease which can easily be noticed. If you are noticing urine which is dark yellow in colour and this happens continuously for a couple of days, it is in your best interests to consult a doctor at the earliest.
5. Swelling and pain in the abdomen: Abdominal pain is often dismissed as being trivial and occasional but is a definite symptom of liver disease. If you are experiencing severe pain and swelling in the area, make sure to get a doctor’s opinion.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Bread is a very versatile food variant and finds its place on most breakfast platters. Be it white, brown or whole grain, mass produced quality or home-baked artisan kind, bread is almost indispensable in modern Indian household. There has been incessant debate over which carries the most health benefits and nutritional value, read on to explore…
Why brown or whole wheat bread is good for you?
1. Whole wheat grain
Flour is prepared from wheat berries made out of the bran, the germ and the endosperm they in combination are filled with nutrients. Whole grain or wheat bread intake decreases LDL, or the bad cholesterol, it also helps you retain a healthy body weight due to low carbohydrate content and has a lower glycaemic index that keeps your blood sugar steady.
2. Smooth bowel movements
The fibrous quality provides you relief from irritable bowel syndrome. The bran and germ improves your bowel by increasing the bulk of stools, making it easier to pass through the intestines. If you are prescribed laxative medications all you need to do is have enough brown or wheat bread.
3. Nutrients and vitamins
Breads labelled whole grain contain a large amount of nutrients. One of the most important features of brown bread is that it contains most of B vitamins -including riboflavin, thiamine and niacin -- that helps your body acquire energy from food. Whole wheat breads are also rich in vitamins E, K, pantothenic acid and folate.
Tip – With only a slight difference in taste and texture, wheat bread adds as a great accompaniment with any dish. You can even double it up as a healthy sandwich by adding fresh veggies and cottage cheese, with only minimal preparation.
Why white bread is bad for you?
1. Low fibre content
White bread is low in fibre, an essential in lowering your levels of bad cholesterol and checks the smooth functioning of your gastrointestinal tract. An average slice of white bread consists only 0.5 grams of fibre with the whole wheat bread providing up to 2 grams of fibre.
2. Refined grains
The whole grain is stripped of all its bran and germ for it to be refined where it loses all elements that hold fibre, magnesium, zinc, vitamins and minerals. White bread is made from these refined grains. Even though bread-makers attempt to add some vitamins back in, fibrous whole grains prove to be the clear winner.
3. High glycemic index
This index measures how rapidly food affects your blood sugar and insulin levels compared to pure glucose. White bread has a high glycaemic index due to which it gets rapidly absorbed during digestion, causing sharp spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels. A diet comprising of high-glycaemic foods increases your chances of weight gain, type-2 diabetes and heart problems.
Replace the white bread with the equally tasty, wheat-made variant to score high on the fitness meter!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hello doctor, I am 19 weeks pregnant this is my first baby, so I just want to know after how many weeks I can feel baby movement and kicks.
My wife period twice in a month but after 12 oct, her period start on 26 nov she dose not take any medicine because doctor told that it may be stop because her age is 48 years.
Hello doctor. .I am 34 weeks pregnant with my second child.i had a csection and an open surgery for an ectopic pregnancy 4 years back...what are my chances of having a VBAC...my doc says there is a risk in waiting post 37 weeks. I am confused as I want to try. For a normal delivery...baby is now in position....please suggest...
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex on date 17 and I was not discharge inside but for safety she take an unwanted 72 pill and her last mensuration date is 18 but this month her mensuration not done why she do not have mensuration please suggest me.
During pregnancy in 4 th month, came to know dat I have thyroid hormonal imbalance, my question is this hormonal imbalance will continue after delivery, and also my baby will also have any impact?
She age is 19 year and she got pregnant. She has a child in her womb of 2 month. She does not want to give birth to child. What she should do. Give years advice.
I am 23 years old. I had unwantednted 72 at 20 april. My periods date is 3rd of may but till now I am not having my periods what to do. Please help.
My sister has scanty flow in periods since many years. Is scanty flow in periods i. E. Only 1st 2 days normal flow n then no flow only spotting for next 4-5 days, ok for a 38 years old lady? Is there any medication to increase flow? Pls advice.
What are the reasons for immense increase in prolactin serum in a women's body. And how to cure it? My wife has this problem her level of prolactin is 42.1 is this cause any damage in future.
I am doing sex with my girlfriend without Condom how many percentage she gott pregnant if her periods time is finish before 2 days. I think she is okk but she questions me?
If we have not a baby then, is threre any possibility for -On foreplay in sex time, shall come milk from breast?
Sir, i'm 27 years old. I have thyroid problem last 8 month. My Doctor suggest me thyronorm 50, rejumet sr 1000, obifi, how to get pregnant fast pls tel me.
The condition in which blood appears in the urine is known as hematuria. The loss of blood in this condition could be gross or microscopic depending on the cause of the condition. There are several causes why blood may appear in the urine. Whatever the cause may be, hematuria is mostly indicative of a serious medical condition.
Here are 5 reasons that cause blood to appear in the urine.
Infections like urethritis, pyelonephritis, cystitis or infection in any other body organ along the urinary tract is one of the most common causes of hematuria. Such bacterial infection in the urethra can also infect the kidneys and the urinary bladder. It results in the urge to urinate frequently and also causes blood to appear in the urine.
Another reason that can cause blood to appear in the urine is the presence of stones in the kidney or bladder. These stones are crystallized minerals that are formed in the kidney or the bladder but fail to pass through the urinary tract. They cause blockage and pain and result in hematuria.
3. An enlarged prostate
An enlarged prostate is a common cause of appearance of blood in the urine in men who are in their middle ages or older. Enlargement of the prostate gland causes the urethra to be compressed. This prevents the urethra from getting fully emptied while urination.
PKD is a kidney disorder in which cysts filled with fluid form in the kidneys and impair the kidneys, causing them to fail entirely at times. It is an inherited disease and causes blood to appear in the urine.
In children who are between 6-10 years of age, kidney disorder after streptococcal glomerulonephritis can be a possible cause of hematuria.
A cancerous kidney, bladder or prostate gland can also cause blood to appear in the urine. It is another major cause of hematuria but usually occurs in older patients.