Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VeniYour feedback matters!
Sir my wife pregnancy 45 days ki ho gyi h or doctor ko dikhaya to doctor ne ultrasound krvane ke liye bola to ultrasound me bache ki dhadkan ni h isliye doctor ne kha h ki bacha girana padega to sir me kya bacha girvau ya fir or ilaj h.
Chlamydia is a STD and is caused by Chlamydia trachomatis, a bacterium that enters the body during intercourse and can infect the male or female genitals. Here are a few reasons as to why chlamydia is a rising threat:
- Chlamydia is mostly a silent infection meaning. It does not show any obvious symptoms. In case that you do have indications, they may not show up until a few weeks after you engage in sexual activity with a partner who is infected. Chlamydia can damage your reproductive system even when it does not show any signs or symptoms.
- In women, even without any signs or symptoms, Chlamydia can permanently damage the Fallopian tubes and is the main source of infertility. This may require urgent medical attention in some cases.
- It is spread through unprotected sex with someone who is already infected by the bacteria. A pregnant lady can likewise pass the disease to her child during delivery as it passes through the birth canal. This could lead to an eye infection or pneumonia in your infant. Having chlamydia may also result in an early delivery or an immature baby.
- Untreated Chlamydia in ladies can lead to infections in different parts of their reproductive framework. This infection is called pelvic incendiary disease (PID). PID frequently has no indications; however a few women may have stomach and pelvic pain. Regardless of the possibility that it does not cause any signs or symptoms at first, PID can cause a permanent damage to the reproductive system and result in long-term pelvic pain, inability to get pregnant and lead to a destructive ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy outside the uterus).
- In men, untreated Chlamydia can bring about urethral infections as well as other kinds of complications such as swollen and delicate testicles (epididymitis), which may bring about sterility (failure to make sperm and father any children).
- Chlamydia disease increases your possibility of getting different sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) such as gonorrhea or HIV.
- Contamination with Chlamydia does not make a person invulnerable to the infection. From the time a person is contaminated with Chlamydia, he or she can spread the infection and keeps on doing so until properly treated.
Chlamydia can be cured with the right treatment. It is important that you take the majority of the medications your specialist recommends to cure your disease. At the point when taken properly, it will stop the disease and could diminish your odds of having complications later on. Medicine for chlamydia need not be shared with anybody. Whenever you feel like you may not have used protection while sexual intercourse, do get yourself checked for chlamydia immediately. Annual check ups for chlamydia are usually recommended to everyone. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Q: Iam 22 years old girl when I was 18 I had sex with a girl like deep lip kiss and all then later I got married to a guy and had some sex nt exactly sex but deep lip kisses he kissed my breasts and all over the body and 2 times he licked my vagina bt soon he washed his mouth and me also cleaned my vagina we both dont have any disease or any cut or anything and it was his frst sex with me before he never had any physical relation with any1 and also me I dint have any physical relation with any guy except that girl of my same gender and iam nt a lesbian. And once I used to move his pennis with my hands he used condoms at that time once he dint use condom when I was moving his pennis with my hand the fluid fell on my hands and I washed it off immediately and he also cleaned his pennis but we never indulged in fucking or penetration or intercourse. So my question is I had sex with a girl of my gender then with my husband nt exactly sex as I mentioned above is there any chance of getting std or hiv to me or my husband? note-we never had any intercourse n I never kissed his pennis and I never gave him blowjob I just used to move his pennis up and down with my hands so that he gets pleasure thats it because we were nt ready for child at dat time. And nw we are divorced. And one more question is now am gng to get married to another guy and if I had sex with him then can I and the another guy am abt to marry get std or aids?
Hi, First trimester of the pregnancy has been completed and the fourth month is started now. Please suggest us can we both have sex now it any problem.
Hello, its been a month 7days after I got my medical abortion day before yesterday I got my period and yesterday morning I had an intercourse without precaution evening I did full vomit, after having intercourse my bleeding had stopped not even Single drop I'm not bleeding, I'm I pregnent pls answer me what's going on why I vommited ?
One of the unique forms of depression is the Seasonal affective disorder which is characterized by the onset of depression with the start of the winter months and a full remission during spring time. Seasonal affective disorder is a form of depression that affects about 1 in 20 people around the world on average. One of the common therapies used to treat this disorder is light therapy.
What is light therapy?
Light therapy is the controlled exposure to specific amounts of bright light on a daily basis as a medicinal tool to correct depression and other mental disorders. It has been noticed that the lack of exposure to lights may trigger certain mental disorders within patients and controlled exposure to bright light over a stipulated period of time every day may be able to correct this effectively.
How it works?
Brightness within the daily world is usually measured with the unit of lux. For all types of artificial lights, the measure of luminosity is estimated via this unit. Human beings have an automatic trigger where low light levels for continued periods may cause depression. A clear sunny day outdoors will have a measurement of 10,000 lux and this is the recommended dosage for exposure for people suffering from depression.
It has been seen in studies that people with severe forms of Seasonal Affective disorder responded well to this therapy. They were treated 30 minutes daily with light exposure and over time the study showed that it significantly improved the moods of the people.
Some of the reasons why light therapy proves to be an effective treatment option for SAD include:
- It resets the circadian rhythm - Controlled exposure to light will trigger the hormones that control the circadian rhythms or the daily rhythms of sleeping and walking cycles and thus will help reduce depression.
- It triggers neurotransmitter function - Light exposure triggers certain neurotransmitter functions which work like an antidepressant and thus relieves stress or other internal functions that may cause depression.
- Results in an increase in serotonin levels - This hormone is very important for mood elevation and is known to rise with increased light levels and decrease with low light levels. Controlled exposure can definitely help improve serotonin levels for lessening depression symptoms.
Related Tip: Do People Really Suffer from Mood Disorders?
Hi I'm 28 year old young unmarried girl the problem is I never get seduced easily if someone tried a lot. My part is being dry for a long time. Why so? He told me that I have some problem that I am not able to feel. Whether the reality is I like to cuddled with him but don't like to see or get into him. Means never feel to take intercourse after every thing. What is it?
Hello. Is it not good girls drinking more than 8 glass of water daily. Please suggest? Also please let know how much liter water should girls drink daily. Thanks.
It is seen that many people still think that tetanus is caused due to injuries by iron objects only. This is a gross misconception. Any injury, where there is a breach in continuity of skin, may it be by any object, thorn prick, animal bite, surgical trauma tetanus may be caused if the injury gets infected by tetanus spores. It is necessary to get complete immunisation by taking 2 doses at a 1-month interval, one booster after 1 year and then boosters every 5 years.
I am a 13 years old girl but still I have not getting my main periods when it ll be start my body is already developed and well shaped looking, I am feeling to do sex also but before starting my periods I can do it so please help me what to do to start my mains or I have to consult the doctors.
Cervical cancer is a type of cancer which emerges from the cervix. It occurs due to the abnormal growth of cells in the cervix (lower part of the uterus) of the female reproductive system. Cervical cancer is the most common type of cancer found in women, worldwide, and can be treated with successful results, if discovered at an initial stage.
This type of cancer can be caused by multiple factors, some of which are:
- Human papillomavirus - One of the major causes of cervical cancer is the human papillomavirus (HPV). There are more than 100 types of HPV. During sexual intercourse, a minimum of 40 types of HPV are passed, out of which 15 of them are high risks for cervical cancer, including types 16 and 18. 7 out of 10 women, who suffer from cervical cancer, are infected by types 16 and 18. However, most women, who are sexually active, will come under the influence of at least one type of HPV in their lifetime, without any kind of harm caused to them.
- Smoking - Smoking increases the risk of cervical cancer in women. It helps in the development of HPV, which is a major cause of this type of cancer. If a woman is already HPV-positive, smoking increases the probability of being diagnosed with cervical cancer by leaps and bounds.
- Oral contraceptives - Research shows that taking contraceptive pills increases the risk of cervical cancer in women. Women who've been on contraceptive pills for over 5 years are twice as more prone to being diagnosed with cervical cancer than those who are not on the pill. But as soon as you stop the intake of pills, the increased risk of cancer drops immediately.
- Multiple pregnancies - Having multiple pregnancies is linked with increased risk of cervical cancer. Having seven or more pregnancies increases the risk of this type of cancer in those women who are already influenced by HPV by four times. And those who have had one or two full-term pregnancies, also under the influence of HPV have two to three times the risk of being diagnosed with this illness.
Knowing about the symptoms of cervical cancer can help in the early diagnosis of this disease. However, in the early stages of the disease, there are no such noticeable symptoms. Although these signs can help you understand if you've got cervical cancer:
1. Abnormal vaginal bleeding, i.e. bleeding after sexual intercourse or after menopause
2. Longer period cycles
3. Bleeding after douching
Symptoms in the advanced stages of the illness are:
1. Loss of weight
2. Back pain
3. Leg pain
5. Swelling of legs
7. Pelvic pain
8. Leakage of urine/feces from vagina
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Weight training is a method of exercise where you use either your body weight or external weight to build strength and increase muscle size. The principle of weight training centers on eccentric and concentric movements of the skeletal muscles, thus stimulating them to grow. Usually the sets, reps and the tempo of the exercise are manipulated to concentrate on size, endurance or strength.
It is important to note that certain aspects of weight training are detrimental to your body. You need to be aware of these aspects so that you can maximize your strength gains.
Here are 4 ways that weight training may harm your body are:
- Warm up: Warming up before working out is very essential, as it increases blood flow in the body. It loosens up your stiff joints and elevates your heart rate. You may do basic cardio exercises, such as jumping jacks and bodyweight squats as your warm up regime.
- Don't push yourself too hard: Don't over exert yourself in your workouts, listen to your body and stop when you feel that you can't go on anymore. It increases the likelihood of you being injured and thus is detrimental to your health.You may try to lift heavier weights compromising on form or posture, which can lead to various muscle tears or strains.
- Stretch after your workout: It is very important that you stretch after your weight training workout. It aids in muscle recovery after a heavy workout and also makes the joints more mobile and flexible. Stretching also allows the tensed muscles to relax and improves posture. Lack of stretching increases chances of injuring your muscles and may put a damper on your weight training muscles.
- Injuries: Injuries such as pulling a muscle or injuring your joints are very common if you lift weights. It is of utmost importance that you follow proper form while working out. An example of this would be when you don't keep your spine straight while squatting, thus resulting in a slipped disc injury.
Dhatt mean safed pani bahut jayada aata hai or period mei bahut jayada dard hota hai sath kamar dard bhi hota hai jiske lia harbar pain killar khana padta hai ye purani long time se ho raha hai.
Is there a cure for pcod as I have been suffering with this for quite a long time now? If yes please suggest some medications or something.
Alternatively known as the holy basil or ocimum sanctum, tulsi is a common name in most indian households. Easy to grow and widely found in the indian subcontinent, not only is tulsi a revered, holy plant in hinduism; it also finds its place in the ancient science of ayurveda. Tulsi assumes utmost importance when it comes to ayurveda and naturopathy. Its essential oils are used to treat number of ailments.
Tulsi can rightly be termed as one of the most commonly and widely used ingredients in many indian home remedies. From regular fever to some of the deadliest and most fatal bacterial and viral infections – tulsi can help cure or to some extent, facilitate treating most diseases.
Benefits of tulsi:
1. It acts as adetoxifying, cleansing and purifying agent – both from within and without.
2. Therefore it is good for skin – both when consumed and applied topically.
3. It is also effective in treating skin disorders, itching and issues like ringworms.
4. It can be made into teas or can be had raw, powdered, paste or in form herbal supplements.
5. It has antibiotic, anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-carcinogenic properties.
6. It helps in relieving from fever, headache, sore throat, cold, cough, flu and chest congestion.
7. It is also beneficial in treating respiratory ailments like chronic bronchitis, asthm etc.
8. Helps relieve stress, strengthen immunity, and facilitate proper digestion.
9. It is loaded with phytonutrients, essential oils, vitamin a and c.