Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vengada KrishnarajYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from chronic cough past 1 week. Took antibiotics medicine after consulting physician with no cure. Took homeopathy medicine for cough from SBL but no cure. Is there any good Ayurvedic or herbal remedy for chronic cough & chest congestion with cold & headache. Please advice.
I have asthma from birth and nemonia and I am fatty a lot from belly and stomach and I am using pump forgot400 how I can finish my asthma from the root.
I have white patches on tonsils and it's paining I also have fever ,swallow problem, I took azithromycin, coz I thought iit could be streptococcus infection. Please advise.
I am 34 years guy suffering from asthma since I was 9 yrs. Earlier I was given allopathy medicine like Asthalin 2 tablet, Budamate Inhaler, etc. I am using inhaler till date. I have found that I do not have allergic asthma.
Hello Dr, I ve continues cold and regularly taken medicine upto my 18teen age from my childhood. Dr. told that time I affected by asthma. Now I'm good. But my testis and penis looks very small as like children I don't know why its look like. I am totally feared about my future. Also I did selfsex many times from my 18teen. I want to know is there any problem will be arise during with my partner. Also if any issue how could I cure this problem please guide me. Thanks in advance.
I am 45 years old and I have bronchitis asthma and wrinkles and dark circles under eyes. How to get rid of all these ?
Sinuses are cavities in our skull behind the nose which spread out in a pattern. These cavities are lined with tissues and mucosal membranes and are essential for our breathing process. Sinusitis is a condition where the tissues within the cavities become inflamed which results in the sinus cavities being blocked due to a buildup of fluid.
What are the conditions that can lead to sinusitis?
Some of the conditions that can cause nasal polyps are explained as follows:
- Nasal polyps are small growths of tissue within the lining of the nose which may block the sinuses, resulting in sinusitis.
- Common cold is also a culprit which may result in sinusitis
- If your septum or the bridge between the holes of the nose is deviated (this condition is referred to as a deviated septum), you may be prone to developing sinusitis.
- The lining of the nose may swell in a condition known as allergic rhinitis and cause sinusitis as well.
Types of sinusitis
There are multiple types of sinusitis which may affect people and also on how long they last. The various types of sinusitis are explained below:
- Acute sinusitis: This is the most common form of sinusitis that lasts usually between 2 to 4 weeks. It starts with a cold, blocked nose and turns into facial pain that usually starts very suddenly.
- Chronic sinusitis: This is a form of sinus infection which can have a debilitating effect on your life and may last for 12 weeks or longer.
- Sub-acute sinusitis: This is somewhere between acute and chronic sinusitis and may last from anywhere between 4 to 12 weeks.
- Recurrent sinusitis: This form of sinus infections tend to be a variation of acute or sub-acute sinusitis which tends to occur multiple times a year.
Symptoms of sinusitis
The manifestation of the symptoms of sinusitis may be different from person to person and also on the type of sinusitis you are suffering from. However, there are some generic symptoms that are common to all forms which are mentioned as follows:
- Smelling senses may be dulled
- Facial pain
- Congestion accompanied by a cough
- Nose may be blocked, stuffy and may also be runny
- Other symptoms may also include bad breath, fatigue, or even dental pain
- Nasal cavity may have pus and it may drain from time to time
It is best to consult a doctor quickly, if you have been having any of these symptoms. The doctor can prescribe nasal decongestants and antibiotics which can help. If you have chronic or recurrent sinusitis, then more aggressive and advanced treatments may be required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.