Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VeluswamyYour feedback matters!
Am a 45 year old diabetic male. I feel cold/hot sensations below my feet. Can you help me understand why this happens.
I am suffering from osteoarthritis for the last 20 days and the attending physician prescribed rumalaya tabs 2tabs twice a day and supradol tab twice a day but there is some progress with respect to inflammation, swelling and Pain on my left ankle and foot. How can I get full relief permanently? Please advise I am a diabetic patient.
I have a high sugar problem. Age - 34. Suffering from past 2 years. 1.6 years I am on medication. Taking Jalra-M (1000 Mg) and ameiral (2 mg). I also taken Insulin 18 + 12 (Morning + night) but due to late working hrs doctor suggested to take medicine. But now when ever I take medicine my throat get ulcers seems like now medicine started reacting my body. Also with the medicine my sugar level becomes around 200 pts and without medicine it was 450 pts around. I need advice related to my issue. Currently I am not taking medicine past 1 month due to ulcers. Please advice.
What is the cause for flue and its recovery mode medicine, what causes hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of?
I am 31 year old female. I have gone through thyroid test on 14-06-2016. My report was as: T3: 0.31, T4: 1.20, TSH: 2.50. What does it mean. Normal range in the report says my t3, t4 are low but TSH is normal. What does low t3 and t4 indicates. Should I take any treatment for this?
I am diabetic. Need some suggestions to get control my sugar levels. I go for walk regular. Maintain v well myself. But even though sugar level fluctuates. I need some suggestion of food diet to main the levels.
Diabetes is also known as diabetes mellitus, is a group of metabolic diseases, which raises the glucose level in the blood. If suffering from diabetes, parts of your body might get affected with other diseases as well, like bad eyesight, etc.
Diabetes is of 3 types:
- Type 1 Diabetes: where your body stops insulin production.
- Type 2 Diabetes: where your body does not produce enough insulin to function on or where the cells of your body do not react toward the insulin produced
- Gestational Diabetes: This is the diabetes you or your partner may suffer from during pregnancy.
Suffering from diabetes can make your lifestyle extremely difficult as you will have to go through a lot of restrictions. In order to avoid diabetes and its various outcomes, here are some tips you can follow:
- Keep your weight in control: Make sure you are of the right weight according to your height. If you are more than what you should weigh, and you are creeping towards obesity, you have a high chance of succumbing to diabetes. If you are already obese, start working towards losing weight. Even if you lose 5% of your weight, you will slash the risk of having diabetes by 70%.
- Walk: No exercise is better and easier than walking. Try walking as much as you can. Walking will help you reduce the risk of getting affected with diabetes. If you walk for around 35 minutes every day, you are cutting down the risk of diabetes by almost 30%. Walking, being an exercise, helps your body use the insulin produced in your body more efficiently.
- Drink coffee: Coffee, unlike common belief of being harmful, is actually very beneficial when it comes to keeping diabetes at bay. Coffee contains caffeine, which is believed to improve metabolism. Coffee also has potassium, magnesium and various antioxidants which enable the cells to absorb glucose. Drinking coffee regularly might lower the risk of diabetes by 29%.
- Get proper rest at night: If you sleep for less than 6 hours every night, then the risk of you suffering from diabetes is doubled. But that doesn't mean you are supposed to oversleep. If you sleep more than 8 hours, the risk of being affected with it rises to almost 75%. Hence sleep at least for 6 to 8 hours each night for a healthy life sans diabetes.
I'm suffering from diabetes last 5 years and now using insulin humalog mix50 I want to know what can I do.
I have diabetes morning is 164 and after lunch is 220 suggest me which fruit and biscuits to be taken and home remedy.
Diabetes is caused due to hormonal imbalance in our bodies. When the equilibrium between insulin and glucagon (hormones related to the sugar levels in the body) is disturbed, an individual suffers from diabetes. The disease is of two types: Diabete mellitus (Type-I and Type II) and Diabetes insipidus. When your body fails to release adequate insulin, the food that we consume is not properly converted into sugar or glucose. This is Type-I diabetes. On the contrary, if body releases defective insulin, one suffers from Type-II diabetes. Type-1 diabetes is sometimes called juvenile diabetes, or insulin-dependent diabetes. Type 1 occurs more frequently in children and young adults, but accounts for only 5-10% of the total diabetes cases nationwide. The basic symptoms of diabetes include changing sugar levels, excessive urination, thirst, weight loss and a lack of energy. Diabetes is caused due to a number of factors, ranging from environmental matters or hereditary links.
Homeopathic Remedies for Diabetes
Diabetes requires prolonged treatment. Long exposure to allopathic drugs can hamper your body organs due to its side effects. Therefore, it is advisable to take up homeopathic remedies, which have a long lasting effect on the patient. These medicines don’t cause side effects. Here are some of the remedies:
- Uranium nitrate: This compound reduces the sugar levels in the bloodstream and also keeps a check on frequent urination. It is prescribed for patients who develop the disease due to assimilative derangements. The symptoms that are looked for while prescribing medicines containing this compound include digestion problem, languor and debility, excess sugar in urine, huge appetite and thirst.
- Phosphoric acid: This compound is best for the treatment of diabetes that has a nervous origin. The symptoms that are looked for include excess urine and the colour of the urine is milky; poor mental force and general lethargy. The patient can also develop a bruised feeling in the muscles.
- Phosphorus: This compound is given to patients, suffering from diabetes and pancreatic diseases, especially tuberculosis or gouty diathesis. The symptoms include dry mouth, dark and watery stool and restlessness.
- Lactic acid: It is helpful for treating gastrohepatic type of diabetes. The symptoms that will have to be present in the patient include light yellow coloured urine, dry skin and tongue, thirst, nausea, and costive bowels.
- Insulin: Insulin therapy is an important as it helps in maintaining a balance in the sugar levels and keeps the urine free from sugar.
Hi i am Male 49, having unstable angina, sugar feeling weakness always what is the reason and what is the remedy
I'm using lymecycline for acne. Since three days I'm suffering from fever n so doctor prescribed me paracetamol twice a day and azithromycin 500 mg once a day for 4 days. Can I take both the antibiotics together?
Gestational diabetes is a form of diabetes where the blood sugar levels of the body increase during pregnancy. When you are expecting, your body is more repellent to insulin so that a larger amount of glucose is manufactured for the baby’s nourishment. However, this excess blood glucose can build up within the body which causes gestational diabetes. This can lead to health problems for both the mother and the baby. At the end of the gestational period i.e. once the baby is delivered, blood sugar reduces to normal.
When are you at a risk for gestational diabetes?
Gestational diabetes can also be hereditary. If a family member or a relative has diabetes, you are more likely to develop gestational diabetes.
If you are overweight, you are more susceptible to developing gestational diabetes.
What causes gestational diabetes?
During pregnancy, the placenta connects your baby to the blood supply. This produces other hormones which reduce the levels of insulin. This increases the level of blood sugar in your blood. As your baby develops, your body manufactures more of such hormones which block your insulin levels leading to gestational diabetes. This usually occurs from the 20th week of your pregnancy.
Increase in Birth Weight – Extra glucose crosses through the placenta which instigates the baby’s pancreas to manufacture more insulin. This can make your baby very large. Sometimes, it becomes difficult for the baby to pass through the birth canal during childbirth as a result.
Premature Birth and Respiratory Diseases – High blood sugar may increase the risk of an early labor. It may make the baby due before the 37th week of pregnancy. This also makes the baby more susceptible to respiratory disorders.
High Blood Pressure – Gestational diabetes also raises your risks for high blood pressure. This can be fatal for you as well as your baby’s health.
Follow a healthy eating schedule. Limit the amount of carbohydrates and ensure you have a healthy and balanced meal.
Do light exercises regularly during pregnancy. This helps you to control your blood sugar level. Physical activities which require low levels of energy utilization such as swimming and walking will control your blood sugar level without exerting you too much.
- Taking insulin shots and medicine for diabetes will also control your blood sugar levels if you have a pre-existing condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.