Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Pregnancy is a time when your body undergoes a plethora of changes, both emotionally and physically. In such a situation, an acute liver failure only triggers further complications, threatening to affect both the mother and the fetus. The ambit of liver diseases range from mild complications to those that can be life threatening. Acute liver failure or ALF, as it is commonly known as in medical parlance is a condition which is caused when then there is a sudden impairment of the ability of the blood to clot. In spite of the erratic nature of the ailment and its ability to affect anybody with a complete disregard of the individual's pre-existing history of liver problems, there are certain causes that are said to propel it. Some of them are:
- Eclampsia with liver infraction: This is an extremely rare condition. Generally, eclampsia refers to the occurrence of convulsions in pregnant women, mostly in those who suffer from high blood pressure. Those women who suffer from eclampsia along with liver infraction are more susceptible to have a liver failure.
- Hepatic rupture: Much like eclampsia, hepatic rupture is also caused in women who have high blood pressure. This heightens the risk of an impending liver failure in pregnant women.
- Fatty liver: Sometimes excess of fat develops in the liver deterring its functioning. This is not only detrimental to your health but also poses a great danger in triggering a liver failure.
In spite of these, there have been multiple treatments which have developed to manage and curb it. Some of them are:
- Remedial measure for coagulation: The inability of blood to clot blood is known as coagulation which is extremely fatal and one of the primary causes that leads to liver failure. Therefore timely and potent intervention of medicine is important to prevent that and in turn diminish the possibility of liver failure.
- Volume replacement: Volume replacement refers to the condition where fluids are resuscitated or replenished into the body, those that were lost but at the same time are mandatory for the proper functioning of the body.
I am worrying about my wife's clitoris. It is not much lengthy. Is there any treatment for make length?
We all want to look our best. Being well dressed and presentable boosts our confidence and equips us to deal better with any professional or personal obligations that we may have. Someone who’s sharply dressed, well done hair, properly done eyebrows, no trace of facial or body hair, will make a better first impression than someone who’s unkempt. And it is a commonly agreed upon fact that the first impression on someone will speak volumes about our future interactions with them.
One of the most observable feature of our entire getup is facial and body hair. Imagine being completely updated with the latest trends while choosing an attire, but then your body hair shows through! It will be a little disconcerting and plays down all our efforts. Understandably, going to salons for waxing/threading or even tweezing on a regular basis can be time consuming and many times, we might also feel too lazy to step out for the sole purpose of hair removal. Rather than going to the parlour for hair removal every month (and in some case, once in every two weeks even), it makes more sense to find a more permanent solution to this. Opting for laser hair removal can rid us of this headache (Learn more about headache/migrain problem).
Laser hair removal is a modern technology developed for the increasingly chic and conscious population that likes to be always ready to go out without worrying about a disturbing view of stubble spoiling their look. Laser hair removal is a non-invasive procedure that removes unwanted hair from our body without major side effects, by using a long pulsed laser. Lasers can cause localized damage by selectively heating dark matter or melanin. Hence, it targets the hair follicle, while not heating the rest of the skin. General side effects include mild itchiness, temporary redness and swelling, pain, tingling or a temporary feeling of numbness. (Learn more about Laser Hair Removal Treatment)
But, be careful as to do careful research before finalising your specialist. It’s imperative to hold thorough discussions with the team that carries out the hair removal and be assured of their competence.
Top 10 tips for you to celebrate, stay safe and stay healthy this Diwali.
1. Sweets are hard to resist and during Diwali, when there is plenty of colorful sweets everywhere, it becomes even harder to resist. Remember the fact that Indians are genetically prone to diabetes and so it is always advisable to keep the intake of sugar and starch minimal.
2. Stay away from sweets that use
chemical preservatives , because the intake of such preservatives can cause damage to our kidneys and liver . It can also cause asthma attacks and cancer.
3. Avoid sweets that have ‘silver’ coating . Such foils are often
adulterated by aluminum and aluminum being a hazardous metal can accumulate in our body tissues and can also enter the brain.
4. In times of increasing air and noise pollution that we are witnessing today, it is important that we be responsible while using firecrackers. It is good to buy as little firecrackers as possible, because that can help us spend less and can also stop us from polluting our environment.
5. While using firecrackers we are definitely faced with the risk of burn injuries and so a few precautions are necessary. Always wear slippers during your fun time with firecrackers and never try to do anything to a firecracker apart from lighting it from a safe distance. Kids should be allowed to burn firecrackers only under adult supervision.
6. Do not light firecrackers in crowded areas or on the roadsides, because that might prove to be dangerous for bystanders and the general public.
7. Wear earplugs while exposed to explosive firecrackers. It might sound a bit fancy, but if we ignore it the excessive noise might damage our ears in the long run.
8. It is better to say ‘No’ to alcohol, as any excess is easily possible on this day of celebration. You can avoid a hangover and also the risk of driving while intoxicated if you must drive your car and visit your friends and family.
9. Diwali is a festival that brings a lot of gifts to people, so use the occasion to choose sensible gifts for family and friends. Try gifting fruits or low calorie sweets and snacks instead of ghee-laden sweets.
10. Diwali is also the festival of joy so
make it special especially if there has been any unpleasantness with your family or friends in your past. Shed all your inhibitions and misgivings and make a fresh start. Wish them a ‘Happy Diwali’ and embrace them in joy.
Make your Diwali special for yourself, your family and your friends.
Hi I'm 28 year old young unmarried girl the problem is I never get seduced easily if someone tried a lot. My part is being dry for a long time. Why so? He told me that I have some problem that I am not able to feel. Whether the reality is I like to cuddled with him but don't like to see or get into him. Means never feel to take intercourse after every thing. What is it?
I am trying for a baby but it's not working. And I also have a problem in time period. Can you please help?
I had unprotected sex on the first day of my menstruation, the next day it stopped coming and I waited for 5 days yet to result on the six day I did pregnancy text and it was negative. What should I do? What can I take to make it come.
Hi...i hv 6 months baby..aftr delivry i gaind 15 kg wt..my age is 27 and ht is 5'5...theres period problm also aftr delivry..and not enough brestfeed come aftr delivry..plz suggest tips for weight lose
Hi, im 39 male. First time in life I have had sex 3 hrs before with my partner. It was her safe period still I took all the care to not ejaculate inside her. But because I did not use a condom, I am a li'l stressed regarding her getting pregnant. I want to ask what is the safest after sex contraceptive pill. Also, if it's possible to conceive even if one did not discharge in the vagina.
While doing sex my condom came out side by mistakely. I did sex with out condom. Is there any problem. Like aids. She did nt released ovum. Feeling very tensed doctor. I did check up after sex.
Hi madam I am 26 year old my husband 31 years. Madam we are planning to children. Actually this time I am expected I am a pregnant why because my period came late after six days, I am doing job in pharma company as a QA from 15 days and I am travelling daily near 50 kms. This is any reason for my period. My last period date is 1st July and today 6 Aug please give me valuable suggestions and information. If missed period means when we can check home pregnancy test.
I had a sex on 3rd or 4th november with my bf. My last date of periods was 23rd October but this month that is November my period misses. Unfortunately 30th November I again had sex with my bf. But I do pregnancy test on 30th November at morning and that is negative and at the same day that 30th November I did sex at 5pm. Then 1st December I again do lab urine test which is again negative now I confused I m pregnant or not and if I am not pregnant then why my periods stil not going.
Hi, I want to ask question about my pregnant wife. She is pregnant 5th month is running. Can we have sex during Pregnancy.
My friends having her periods. So that she is taking some capsules to reduce pain name of cipcal is Meftalspac. Is it good to take his capsules to control periods and pain. If any problem by taking them.
My due period date is on 22 i've had unsafe sex and in emergency had to take I pill twice i.e 2 times within 2 weeks. I have back and abdomen pain and vomiting. Back pain is so severe that I can not even stand for more than 10 min. Pls help? Is it because my periods are about to come? Or because of ipill? Or am pregnant?
I am 25 year old got marriage on may 10th 2015. Till now I didn't get pregnancy. Is there any problems behind that. And I want to know about thyroid.
FOODS THAT REV UP YOUR LIBIDO AND WHY
Chocolate: You guessed it right! Chocolate is the most enjoyable of foods and needs no cooking! Chocolates contain methylxanthines that increase your sensitivity to touch and phenylethlamine increases the level of excitement that a person perceives. Dark chocolate is the best as it has high levels of cocoa. The dopamine levels get elevated in the body which gives a rush similar to the one after
Watermelon: This humble fruit has citruline that makes the blood vessels expand thus increasing the blood flow to the pelvic organs. Whip it into a juice or smoothie or enjoy it cut up. Other fruits to add to your diet when sex is on your mind are pomegranates, figs, tomatoes and apples. Another fruit which deserves mention is the banana. Not only is it phallic shaped, it is loaded with potassium and other minerals. Enriched with potassium and folic acid which kick start your stamina and energy levels, avocados are a must-try.
Spices: Garlic when cooked has aphrodisiac properties. Some studies also give a thumbs-up to cinnamon and nutmeg. Ginseng is popular in the Far East as a sex drive enhancer.
Olives: In ancient Greek civilizations, olives were used liberally as an aphrodisiac. Research corroborates that green olives are helpful to men while women get a sexual boost with the black variety.
Oysters: Apart from their distinctive shape resembling the female genitalia, oysters are choc-o-block with zinc that induces release of sex hormones. Clams and mussels also have a similar effect.
Honey: Apart from its medicinal properties in curing coughs, honey can also boost your sex drive. Have a spoonful daily and feel the difference.
Alcohol: Red wine and champagne are your best bets on date nights. But beware, indulging in too much alcohol may increase desire, but dampen performance.
Peppers and chillies: Want to spice up your sex life? Spice up your food first, suggests research conducted by various organizations. Green, yellow and red peppers can be added to your salad, pasta or vegetable dish while green chillies can be incorporated into soups and curries.
Almonds: Almonds are great for snacking as they are full of good fats, fibre and vitamin E and also work on your sagging libido in more than one way. Almond oil used as a part of aromatherapy is said to fire the female libido.
Caffeine: Caffeine in small amounts gives you a kick, extra energy or that zing which can definitely put you into the mood for foreplay and intercourse.
Omega 3 fatty acids: Salmon and other fish rich in omega 3 fatty acids increase the levels of serotonin which is the feel good hormone produced by the body that explains why it acts as an aphrodisiac.
FOODS THAT DAMPEN YOUR LIBIDO
These are also termed as anti-aphrodisiacs because they decrease your sex drive and performance considerably. Foods that come under this category are steaks with potatoes, a big helping of pasta with a creamy sauce and the like. If you have too many carbs, you feel sleepy after your dinner and snooze will take precedence over sex. Same applies for red meats like rich cuts of lamb, beef and organ meats. Your body spends so much energy digesting the heavy food that there is no energy for pleasure after such a meal.