Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chrompet, Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Velkumar J
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Velkumar JYour feedback matters!
In my mouth oftenly there is a blister. Week or couple of week there is a blister in mouth. Im very tired of this blisters. Sir what to do please help.
How to treat tooth sensitivity on the molars which is caused due to wisdom tooth removal. What are the various treatments options available.
My teeth are growing thinner and weak. Presently I am using emoform toothpaste, but it doesn't seem to help much. What should I do?
My tooth is yellow not clean please give me idea how can I clean my tooth. Give me any tooth paste name. Thank you.
Hi I am 25 I am having gum bleeding from past few weeks And now the Gum's size are reducing too. Little pain in gums. I chang3d my toothpaste to sensodine total repair. And I do brush regularly twice a day. I am scared now still no effect. Help me what to do? Thanks in advance.
hi sir Should I go for extraction (4premolar) keeping in mind that it would effect in SSB dental point. Should I consider it a major step! Advice me. please . My teeth are out wards.
I have pain in the joint of upper and lower teeth. Joint pain causes pain in ear. Severe pain at night. What should I do ?
White patches on teeth are formed due to many reasons. There are many factors contributing to this. The appearance of the white patches is just like tiny white patches or spots randomly here and there on the teeth. They look odd and may give an impression of poor health and hygiene.
The causes of white patches on the teeth
White patches are formed on the teeth for the following common reasons:
- If the teeth are ill formed during development and more calcium is released than required during the development stages, then the excess calcium gets deposited on the teeth as the white patches. You may see them as spots which many be light in color or flashy white.
- Fluorosis is another common factor, which causes the white patches. This occurs in childhood. During the developing years, if the child's teeth get an excess supply of fluorides, then the white patches develop on the teeth.
- Mineral depletion is another cause for the white patches. This happens mostly for loss of calcium. If calcium is scarce, then the small white spots are developed on teeth, and the problem is referred to as hypocalcification.
- If you had been wearing braces for years, and didn't take care of teeth around the braces, then also white spots may develop when you take off the braces.
The various ways of treating the white spots
While the damage is done due to hypocalcification in developmental stages or due to excess fluorides in the developing years can't be reversed, but the appearance can definitely be taken care of. The management is done as follows:
- Tooth bleaching is an option. The bleach brings uniformity in the teeth color and therefore, conceals the discoloration.
- Air abrasion is another process where tiny crystal particles are blown towards the patches of calcium deposits, and this depletes the calcium. The removal of excess calcium brings a balance in teeth color.
- If there are dentures or gaps formed in the teeth after removal of calcium deposits, then a filling will be done to add to the portion to bring natural color balance and smoothness.
- Tooth capping and porcelain veneer can be added or crowned on tooth so that complete concealing is done of the white spots; this is done when in no other way the visible spots can be managed.
Prevention is better than cure and therefore, practicing dental hygiene and oral care is the best way to prevent the problem. Also a periodic dental checkup has to be done in every six months.
1. Always floss
2. Drink a lot of water
3. Don’t smoke
4. Mind your diet
5. Be aware of acidic foods
6. Use the right dental products
7. Don’t bite or chew non-food objects
8. Chew xylitol gum
9. Brush properly
10. Avoid clenching your teeth
11. Don’t ignore symptoms
12. Consult a dental professional regularly