Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. VelavedhanYour feedback matters!
Hi. In the urine I found blood sometimes and I felt frequent urination. I m married woman usually I felt this problem after being intimate. Is it necessary to clean itself after intimation. I want proper suggestion. Waiting for helpful reply. Thanks.
Having stone in kidney . 13 mm in left kidney nd 5 mm in right suggest me how can I get rid of stone pain soon please.
I am suffering from prostatitis. Irritation in bladder. I can't bladder empty. Doctor give me Trimethoprim 100 mg .is this a correct antibiotic for prostate. Doctor said that many antibiotic doesn't get into the prostate .is this antibiotic work on my prostate infection. Please Reply me.
I am 22 yr. I have been going to toilet 20-30 times per day. I have checked my blood test but it was fine. 13gr. No sugar also. I have been taking 6lt of water daily. How can I control toilet. What problem to me. Explain the control procedure.
I have kidney stone. 4m last week its paining too hard. In my right testicle. It seems to b bit bigger (right testicle. N from last week whenever I masturabate. I cannot cum but I feel d pleasure n satisfaction as we normally get. It (cum) is released from inside but. Something is stopping it (cum) from coming out. Pls suggest something. It feels very annoying. I m on medication of. Drotin-m, urimax 0.4mg and dompan.
I am 63 years old male. I have been diagnosed With BPH for the past 6 years. I am on Alfucin Since then. Also I am suffering from erectile dysfunction for more than 8 years now. Sidnofil Citrate and other medication doesn't provide the desired result.Would you 'please suggest some remedies for my condition.
He is 62 years old having problem in kidney with blood urea 78.45 serum creatinine 4.30 serum Uric acid 9.60 and city scan report is left grade IV hydronephrosis secondary to a large (20*12 mm) calculus at left PUJ with thinned out cortex along with small calculi (5 mm) seen in left lower pole calyx. Peri-ureteric stranding suggestive of inflammation seen in the region of left upper ureter. Small right renal cortical cyst as described. Our doctor suggest us to check with one more check i.e. DTPA /GFR He is not a diabetic patient. Blood pressure level sudden high. PLEASE SUGGEST US WHAT TO DO FURTHER. Is there any need of surgery or it can be treated with medicines. Please help us.
Hello I am from jabalpur, I am diagnosed with benign hepatic & bilateral renal cysts, my father had the same issue nd he died due to that, these cysts are spreading all over in kidney, lever and pancreas, I hv sonography reports and opinion letter of the laboratory. Cysts sizes are 11 mm to 28 mm. I want to knw. 1. Is that issue curable? 2. Can we go for surgery? 3.Is there any permanent cure available? 4. If treatment available than the cost and duration of it? 5. Is it terminal disease? please help me out for this.
I am 47 yrs male. I am suffering prolapsus of rectum from last 10-12 yrs. Please prescribe treatment.
Am 21 years old female. Past 2 weeks I can feel a external painful swelling near my anus point. Its really paining while sitting and its really hard to touch and see it. What would be it. please do help me.
Dear sir, one my friend is suffering from urine leakage problem he was also indulged in masturbation. He used to do for almost 3 times a week and he is doing this from 1 year. He told me he wanted to stop but not able to stop this habit. After knowing I told him to examine his urine The report is as under follows:- COLOUR: PALE YELLOW appearance: SLIGHTLY TURBID REACTION: ACIDIC (5.0) SPECIFIC GRAVITY: 1.030 GLUCOSE: NIL ALBUMIN: TRACE BILE SALT: NEGATIVE BILE PIGMENTS: NEGATIVE BLOOD: NEGATIVE UROBILINOGEN : NEGATIVE KETONE BODIES: NEGATIVE MICROSCOPIC EXAMINATION:- PUS CELLS: 2-3 / HPF EPITHELIAL CELLS: 1-2 / HPF RED BLOOD CELLS : NIL.
Am able to feel some kind of skin formed near the anus. Is it symbolisation for piles. But am not suffering from any pain, blood motions or other symptoms of piles. Can you please suggest me what is that and the further process.
Hi everybody problem with me is that when I drink water I frequently urinate in next 20 to 30 minutes so is it any problem or someone else or a natural process.
My mother is diabetes patient she is also having urine incontinence sometimes her urine fluid is red like but not actually a red what should I do?
I am 32 year old. I done my semen analysis show 10-15 pus cell. Is this a bacterial prostatitis or non bacterial process. How long should I take antibiotic.
- Kidney disease can affect children in various ways, ranging from treatable disorders without long-term consequences to life-threatening conditions.
- Acute kidney disease develops suddenly, lasts a short time, and can be serious with long-lasting consequences, or may go away completely once the underlying cause has been treated.
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD) does not go away with treatment and tends to get worse over time.
Kidney disease in children can be caused by
- birth defects
- hereditary diseases
- nephrotic syndrome
- systemic diseases
- urine blockage or reflux
A health care provider diagnoses kidney disease in children by completing a physical exam, asking for a medical history, and reviewing signs and symptoms. To confirm diagnosis, the health care provider may order one or more of the following tests:
- urine tests
- blood test
- imaging studies
- kidney biopsy
Treatment for kidney disease in children depends on the cause of the illness.
- Children with a kidney disease that is causing high blood pressure may need to take medications to lower their blood pressure. Improving blood pressure can significantly slow the progression of kidney disease. As kidney function declines, children may need treatment for anemia and growth failure.
- Children with kidney disease that leads to kidney failure must receive treatment to replace the work the kidneys do. The two types of treatment are dialysis and transplantation.
- For children with CKD, learning about nutrition is vital because their diet can affect how well their kidneys work. Parents or guardians should always consult with their child’s health care team before making any dietary changes.
What are the Symptoms Associated with Pediatric Kidney Disease?
Kidney disease often goes undetected in the general population, but children and adolescents are at an even greater risk due to the nature of the causes of the diseases and the ambiguity of the symptoms.
Children might not be aware of some of the changes that are impacting their body and will not always let their parents know of potential issues.
Common symptoms for children are:
- Swelling (even mild) of the hands and feet and/or puffiness around the eyes caused by excess fluid build-up, to the point where the child’s ability to move around normally is compromised
- After initial swelling, socks or a belt can leave an indentation in the skin that will persist
- Lack of or decrease in appetite.
- In children with ESRD it is especially important to keep their appetite up because transplant eligibility is based partially on growth.
- Decreased or increased frequency of urination. Children who can normally use the toilet without assistance may suddenly begin to wet the bed at night
- Long-lasting changes in the color of the urine such as unusually dark or red, which can indicate blood, and changes in appearance of urine such as extra foam that can indicate protein
- Headaches resulting from high blood pressure
- Flu-like Symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, weakness, fatigue, loss of appetite
- Stunted or poor growth as compared to similar age group peers
- Difficulty concentrating and poor school performance
Another potential indicator of pediatric kidney disease is family history of kidney disease. Genetic related disease is much more common in children than in adults. If there is family history, it is a good idea to get a check-up.
In parents that are pregnant with a child with polycystic kidney disease a common symptom is decreased amniotic fluid.
Looking at the list of common symptoms it is easy to see how CKD can go undiagnosed. As a parent or caregiver, it is important to have conversations with your children to understand the severity and duration of the symptoms and follow up with pediatric nephrologist.