Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. VeenasriYour feedback matters!
My mom's eye got pierced by a wooden twig and there was bleeding from the white portion. Vision is ok. How much time it will take to heal.
I have low eye vision when I am in low light areas. Like in evening. While driving. I become really uncomfortable. Doctor has has said I am having macualr oedema.
I have eye sight problem. How can I regain 6/6 eye sight? Can I do exercise and please recommend treatment or medication. My eyes start paining. Nd water pour out continuously sometimes. please help.
For past 7 months are around my eyes turn dark by evening and feel. Some stuffy feeling inside. I have been late sleeper whole life and tiredness of eyes have not affected earlier. Two eye specialist thoroughly examined me and advised drink water and eye drops and ointment to be applied in eye lid. This problem remains occasionally shows up with tired of darkness around eyes that show up some evening. I avoid bright screens and don't watch tv at all. Mobile and computer work that's part for last decades. Please advise.
My eyes are getting drained somewhat I don't know. I play games on 40 inch led tv for 2 hours afternoon and night at 11 pm for 2 hours. I want to ask is any dangerous thing is this? Or I can take some rest or what type of thing I should do to live a healthy life. My eyes are in good condition. I just want to know what precaution I should follow to not affect by laptop, mobiles, gaming effects?
- Keep a check that computer screen is at least 18-26 inch away from your eyes.
- Arrange lighting to minimize glare and reflection.
- Remember to blink often to keep your eyes moist.
My eyes flow evey morning whenever I wake up is there any reason why my eyes are wet always every morning?
At Last night.in my right eye tears and wastes are come out. So I want to know it is due to cold or anything else.
I had an operation of eye (before 15 yrs) & operation of testis (before 3 yrs). Now the question is can I join the Gym training? I asked this question b'coz I have heard that the person who has passed from operations should avoid lifting heavy weights & doing workout.
Good Afternoon Doctors, I need to clarify about my eye sight. I had under gone Lasic operation 2. 5 years before and now I am 28 years old. I have a problem of glaring effects in night time while driving. I have asked the doctor where I under gone operation. They prescribed the Hypromellose Ophthalmic Solution USP - Eyemist Forte. But again I have same problem. Can you please advise me on this. Thanks
Iam a 19 years boy and iam getting pain in my eyes and neck pain at nt I have habit of chatting at nights and some time I feal like my eyes are coming out and how I reduce or control the pain of my eyes and neck what care should I need to take.
I am feeling itchiness in my eyes these days and there is a redness also so please tell me that what can I do to cure it.
A simple, uncomplicated cataract surgery should not take much time to perform. The best part about a cataract surgery is that most people see almost immediate results and improved vision. However, full recovery can take awhile. Each person heals at a different speed but ideally, your eyes should heal completely in a month. Here are a few tips to help speed up this process and avoid infections and eye injuries:
- Take it easy: Just because the surgery takes a short time is no reason to underestimate its importance. Do not drive on the first day and as far as possible avoid driving for the next few days as well. Do not put any extra pressure on your eyes by bending, lifting weights etc. Try to avoid excessive sneezing and coughing. One should go for regular follow up as advised by your doctor. Use post op medication for a duration as advised by your treating surgeon. Do not use post op medications on your own whenever you have problem.
- Protect your eyes: Wearing sunglasses is a good idea after a cataract surgery. This will protect your delicate eyes against dust, wind etc. Avoid using community swimming pools and hot tubs immediately after such a surgery to lower the risk of infections. Avoid rubbing your eyes aggressively. For the first week, keep your face out of the shower so as to avoid feeling the need to press or rub your eyes as well as to protect them from bacteria in the water.
- Lubricate: Your eyes may feel dry and scratchy after a cataract surgery. This is normal and not something to worry about. Your doctor will prescribe eye drops to be taken after the surgery. Use these regularly. Once this is over you may need additional artificial tears or lubricating eye drops. However, do not take these drops without first consulting your doctor. If your eyes are sensitive to the preservatives in bottled eye drops, look for single use ampoules. Ensure that you always wash your hands well before administering the eye drops.
- Keep the eye clean: Though washing your face is avoidable, you must still keep the eye clean. Use cotton and a sterile saline wash for the first few days. You can later replace the saline with cool boiled water. You should rush to the Ophthalmologist if you develop any sudden onset of pain, watering, redness or blurry vision in the operated eye . Seeing sudden flashes of light or floaters in your vision should also not be ignored.
A simple, uncomplicated cataract surgery should not take much time to perform. The best part about a cataract surgery is that most people see almost immediate results and improved vision. However, full recovery can take awhile. Each person heals at a different speed but ideally, your eyes should heal completely in a month.