Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. VeenasriYour feedback matters!
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, burning and a stinging sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition.
Im 20 years old, im suffering from lazy eyes, wrinkles around my eyes Could you tell me some natural remedies for this problem?
My eyes problems in every time my eyes is red nd falling water in every times. Please solve tis problems.
I am also suffering from eye irritation whenever I come in the bright light contact. And I feel tiredness in my eye. So suggest me treatment for this problem.
From 2-3 months my eyes are ticking continuously, (both eyes one after other) sometimes upper eye lid and sometimes lower lid. I use specs with negative eye sight of 4. Kindly help.
I have sight one eye is +4 n other is 2.5 ,I want to go with lasik surgery , it cures completely the problem, n Wat will be the cost.
I am 30 years old. My right eye blink with movement of my mouth. Is it treatable. Kindly suggest me what to do?
Top 4 myths busted about glaucoma/ kala motia - a silent disease with irreversible vision loss and a history of inheritance, so evaluation of eyes is essential if there is a family history of disease even when there is no vision related problem in your eyes.
#1 Glaucoma is caused due to high eye pressure
This is a misconception. High eye pressure definitely poses risk for glaucoma but is not necessarily present when glaucoma develops. Many people diagnosed with glaucoma have normal eye pressure and conversely some have a high eye pressure but never develop glaucoma.
#2 Glaucoma makes you blind
This is partially untrue because if diagnosed on time, glaucoma can surely be controlled with the help of latest and effective treatment which comprises of eye drops, medicines and surgery or a combination of all three.
#3 It's easy to self diagnose glaucoma because it affects vision
Glaucoma in initial stages may not show any signs or symptoms. Therefore, to prevent vision loss from glaucoma it's important that it's detected on time. So, if you are above 40 years, have a family history of glaucoma, or even if you face any vision related problem, it's important you get your eyes examined immediately. Because vision loss caused due to glaucoma, cannot be reversed.
#4 Glaucoma is curable
Glaucoma can be controlled by the latest treatments available but it can't be cured. It is a chronic condition that requires life long treatment and strict monitoring. As mentioned above, any loss of vision due to glaucoma is irreversible. The aim of the treatment is to arrest or control any further damage to your eyes.
Doctor has an experience of 34 yrs, 50000 eye surgeries and 10000 phaco surgeries since 1986 in patna.
Get personalized advice online/take second opinion/book physical appointment online/read complete detail of doctor on www.lybrate.com/arjunkumarsingh or lybrate app (better user experience).
Dr Arjun Kumar Singh,
Avadh Eye Hospital, Patna.