Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vedhavalli
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VedhavalliYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am 5 days late from due date of my period. But negative pregnancy test. My last 5 cycles were regular. Also having mild right side pain in lower abdomen. Is it a sign of pregnancy or my periods are yet to come. No other symptoms noticed.
My gf sex on 4th of nov and take unwanted 72 on 7th of nov nd then she bleed nonstop on 13 of nov only for 1 day and today is 4th od dec nd she don't get periods is she pregnant or not please tell me I am so afraid and if she is not pregnant when she have her periods.
Hi I am 31 and had 2 mc now m trying to conceive can you please suggest the medications and how I will conceive at early.
Hi I'm 7th month pregnancy. N staying away from hometown n personal gynecologist for two months now are there any tests to be conducted in this month or later? Using iron n calcium with folic acid tablets. Is there anything I have to take care of?
Hi Sir, I have been experiencing strong unpleasant odour from my vagina. I never had it before. I am afraid if its BV/ Chlamydia/Trich/gono. I will like to get neat (Nucleic Acid Amplification Test) done .Will it detect the infection? I want to meet Gynecologist after the test as I hardly get time off my office. Your help will be much appreciated. During my routine urine analysis, epithelial cells 25-30 were found and it was a lil cloudy. No other abnormality was found. Thanking All Expert Doctors.
The process of breast augmentation, popularly known as breast enlargement or implants, effectively increases the size of the breasts through insertion of silicone gel implants or saline implants. It is known to be popular among women and is frequently done, with quite satisfying results.
Why do women opt for breast augmentation?
- Some women opt for implants to enhance their figure
- Others opt for implants, when they experience some sort of sagging or alteration to their breast after a pregnancy, or after losing some weight and even due to old age.
- Some women also choose enhancement surgery if they feel that one breast is smaller than the other.
What does a breast augmentation procedure involve?
Breast augmentation surgery is generally performed while the patient is under the influence of general anaesthesia. In case of enhancement with the help of implants, an incision is made in the breast tissue and a pocket is created to place the implants. Once the implants are successfully placed the incision is closed and allowed to heal.
What sort of implants is available?
There are basically 4 types of implants that are recommended on the basis of the body type -
- Saline filled breast implants- These implants contain sterile water and are either prefilled or filled during the surgery.
- Silicone filled breast implants- These implants contain soft elastic gel and come prefilled. These types of implants also require an incision which is longer in size.
- Cohesive gel silicone implants- Commonly known as "form stable" implants, they contain cohesive gel that is more firm and thicker than normal silicone implants.
- Autologous fat transfer- It consists of fat that has been removed through liposuction from a part of the body, like the abdomen or thighs. The fat is then refined and injected into the breasts. But this form of implant is not very common and is currently under more research.
Breast implants are generally supposed to last for life, but on occasions they may need replacement. Thus regular check-ups are essential, so as to monitor the condition of the implants.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!