Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VedhavalliYour feedback matters!
Hello . Last year in nov 2013 I got married. There is too much time passed but my wife has not become pregnant. Is there any problem either me or in my wife.
Hi. Every month my periods get delayed by 5 to 6 days and this month it has been delayed by 7 days and yet iy has not come. What should I do?
Hi. My period cycle is imbalance. Sometimes it takes 35-40 days and sometimes it comes in under 25 days. At the time of period my whole body is paining. What should I do to get rid of pain and get balance of period cycle.
Sir I am a girl of 20 years old. I have a PCO condition in my left ovary, in early puberty (when I was 13 years old) my periods are very irregular but I didn't consulted to any doctor at that time, now I have consulted to a doctor now my periods are regular but she said this condition never left you is it true.
Hi, I have a problem, seems to be simple but it will make me so down. I am having proper food (3 times a day), very thin (height-168cms, weight-45kg). My problem is I will be tired very soon, irregular periods, I feel my brain will start thinking more unwanted and I start speaking, these are symptoms for my tiredness, soon I will be tried. I will be knowing what I m talking n also knowing soon I will tried, I should stop talking n all, but I wont. I will be telling all this to my friends if any are beside me. Once I feel tired I will be normally from my mind n heart but all my energy will be down. My body will numb, especially lips- my lips will start tingling which is bit scary and it will spread all over the body, where I can't have a movement. Once I sat for more than 3hrs with this problem waiting for my friend. Sometimes eating chocolate helps. I am 26, unmarried, female. Please help me with this,
Good afternoon doctors. I am 26 weeks pregnant and my age is 29. I would like to know, can I take calcium tablets andchuna (lime stone.)? Does its cause and side effect (like kidney stones etc) and other effects of high calcium level.
My wife is in third month of pregnancy. She is having occasionally brown discharge. Sometimes it's red in colour. Ultrasound report says it's 5 week of gestation sac. Please suggest. She is now having gestofit 200 mg and duphaston 10 mg tablets.
My wife is suffering from white bleeding from past 8 months how can she prevent it. To reduce white bleeding? And please give suggestion of any tablet to prevent it.
Social networking refers to a multitude of websites that let the people from across the globe to get in touch with each other and interact through photos, videos discussions or audio. To name a few, Facebook tops the list by having over 1.2 billion active users monthly from across the world, followed by Twitter, Snapchat and LinkedIn.
As per the latest statistics, around 42% of populace online at one time, is using social networking sites either on their laptops or mobiles. Majority of this population is below 30 years of age, whereas the figure is changing for internet users aged 65 years and above. People use these sites to stay in touch with family and friends, to share things, express their views on matters and to find out what's happening in the other corner of the world.
But this usage can have many negative effects on the mental health and well-being of users both children and adults.
- It is addictive: It has been analyzed that these social networking sites are often addictive with people using them daily or even several times during a day. They log in to these sites for many reasons like to overcome boredom, distraction, to check their likes and comments which are usually a positive support after posting a status or information.
- It makes us do unfair comparisons: Various posts on social media at times make people compare their lives with others. And it is said, the grass is always greener on the other side, it makes you feel low thinking how idealized are the lives of people connected to you.
- Social media makes us restless: Many people start feeling restless when they are unable to access their social media accounts.
- Cyberbullying: Social media increases cyberbullying specifically in adolescents.
- Increased use of Alcohol: Social media glamorizes the use of drugs and alcohol since the teenagers often view the pictures of people using it and out of peer pressure would like to try them.
- Social media increases unhappiness: Enthusiastic users feel that social media fluctuates their moods also leaving them dissatisfied in their lives.
- FOMO: It might also lead to FOMO, fear of missing out. Pinterest might give you a feeling that you are not creative or talented, Twitter and Facebook might make you feel that you are not smart and are not enjoying your life enough.
Excess of social networking might also lead to problems like anxiety, feeling of imperfection, may induce a feeling of being miserable or in some cases might even cripple the basic need for social interaction. It has been known to create a digital landscape has exerts an unnecessary and increased pressure on the generation today and the general population has to a larger extent.
Ayurveda can offer a psychological system of treatment quite like it can aid in physical treatment. The scope of its practice incorporates both mental as well as physical healing. Thus, you won’t be able to comprehend Ayurveda in its fullest sense without having a look at its influence on the human mind and its consciousness.
The evaluation of the mind is as complicated as that of the physical body. It is not simply a sidelight which can be looked at an instance. Ayurvedic application of treating psychological imbalances has its own expertise and application quite like any other therapeutic procedure.
Ayurveda and mental imbalance
Conventional Ayurvedic treatments have recognised three primary causes of mental illnesses:
Imbalances caused by various Doshas which can be either through external reasons or constitutional issues.
An excess of tamas as well as rajas in the mind.
Factors of Karma or outcomes of previous actions.
All these three factors are interrelated to some degree though the imbalances of the Doshas are the most predominant. It mainly rests upon excessive of tamas and rajas, which eventually mirror the deeper disharmonies resting on all the actions.
Ayurveda and psychological problems
Ayurvedic treatments offer a threefold solution for combating all these imbalances that lead to psychological problems.
1. Rational therapies are known for encountering all the Doshas that can be achieved with the help of proper diet, herbs, clinical treatments and other therapies that are directed in opposite directions of the Doshic disharmonies.
2. Sattvic therapies along with Yoga are believed to counter the rajas along with tamas with the use of pranayama, asana, mantra as well as meditation.
3. Spiritual methods for reducing Karma can help in the proper applications of mantras, and rituals that help in purifying the soul.
These three methods of treatment normally cross each other and can be applied to the same individual alternately. The mind as a factor with emotional issues can be availed in each of these stages.
Ayurveda for counselling
Along with these psychological considerations, Ayurveda is largely used for counselling a person who is going through mental imbalance. Much of the work comprises of educating the individual on how he or she would be able to alter their lifestyle for the prevention of diseases and optimising the health conditions along with treating mental imbalances. While this may be centred on herbal and dietary recommendations, it is generally based on the individual clinical condition of the patient.
Dear doctor: My wife was pregnant with EDD 09/07/17. On the 5th month anomaly scan, we were told that the baby had a heart defect called Left Heart Hypoplastic Syndrome and the aorta was poorly developed. We were told to terminate the pregnancy and pregnancy was terminated in the 6th month by vaginal delivery, a boy baby. What is the cause for HLHS? Can it be found earlier? HOW TO PREVENT IT WITH NEXT PREGNANCY? When it is better to conceive again?
Sir, my sister 36yrs of age, is suffering from gas from past few years and recently she developed pain in her breast. What can be the cause and how to get cured. Please help.
Period k smay pet mein bhot jada dar hota h, or bleeding bhi sirf 2 din hoti hai. Jisk wajah se pet m problem h. Mein abhi unmarried hu period m bhot problm hoti h.
Iam 50 years Old and my wife is 44 years old we got married 2years back and planning to have a baby, my sperm count is very low and my wifes AMH level is also very low please suggest us good medicine so that my wife conceives.
My lmp: 20/10/14, now which month is mine. My fetal movements I feel comparitively is very less 2-3 times a day, why?
-Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits.
-Stay happy and content.
-Take it easy
Acupressure therapy, often referred to as pressure acupuncture, is regarded as an effective method in pain management. According to popular belief, the vital energy known as ‘chi’ flows across the major meridians or energy pathways. There are 12 primary meridians or energy pathways connecting particular organs that organise a communication system across the body. Illnesses take place when any one or more of the meridians fall out of balance.
Some of these acupressure points include the following:
- Valley joints for relieving headaches: This is located in the fleshy regions between the index finger and the thumb at the highest area of the muscle when both these fingers are brought close together. The point is pressed and massaged for a few minutes and is repeated for some time. This treatment is not recommended for pregnant women.
- Pericardium for relieving nausea: This point is placed between the two tendons within the wrist, which is located at a distance of about three fingers width below the base of the palm. This point must be pressed with the middle finger for some minutes or you can also opt for acupressure wristbands from a health store and use them properly.
- Third eye region for relieving stress and chronic fatigue: Close your eyes and find out the third eye region in the knobby spot located on the bridge of the nose in between the two eye brows. You can press this point with the middle finger for some time and then release and repeat the process several times in a week.
- Sea of tranquillity for relieving emotional stress: Also referred to as the conception vessel, this area can be easily located at the centre of the breastbone and can be pressed with the palms joined. Make sure that the spine is erect and supported by a straight chair at the back. You can press it for a couple of minutes every day while taking slow and deep breaths to release emotional stress.
- Leg three miles for relieving stomach problems: The leg three miles is believed to improve digestive issues, such as diarrhoea, indigestion, bloating, nausea, constipation and vomiting. It also helps in improving the immunity system, fighting fatigue, strengthening the body and promoting general wellness. Moderate to deep pressure can be applied for a couple of seconds on a regular basis.
Acupressure, which is a traditional Chinese treatment, involves the application of pressure at specific acupressure points, which lie along the meridians of the body for promoting relaxation as well as treating illness, and can be opted for regulating and managing pain in several parts of the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an acupressurist.