Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. VedhanandhamYour feedback matters!
Over 95 percent of malignancies arising in the prostate are adenocarcinoma. The remaining types include urothelial carcinoma, basal cell carcinoma, small cell carcinoma, lymphoma and sarcomas.
Core needle biopsy of the prostate is used to determine whether or not cancer is present in men with an elevated serum PSA level and/or an abnormal digital rectal examination.
The recommendation is to take multiple core biopsies under transrectal ultrasound guidance.
Primary diagnosis of prostate cancer by using fine needle aspiration is not acceptable.
When positive, the combined Gleason score, based upon architectural features of the prostate cancer cells, should be reported because it correlates closely with clinical behavior and has been incorporated into the tumor node metastasis (TNM) prognostic group staging system.
One should also report number of positive cores, the percentage (or length) of cancer in the positive core, the presence of perineural invasion or extraprostatic extension, and the presence of histologic types other than conventional adenocarcinoma.
The accuracy of pathological diagnosis of prostate cancer can be improved by using immunohistochemistry markers.
I am operated for prostate cancer by robotic radical prostatectomy ,1 year back Still I am suffering from urinary incontinence. What should I do now.
He is CKD patient creatinine is 6.8aftr 14 dialysis. Pls suggest this patient requires continuous dialysis r any thing else.
How to balance hormones naturally means pcod cyst how to eliminate please tell me 4 mm to 7 mm multiple ovarian cyst how to eliminate tell me please I took mac root capsules 1 month and ashokarishta taking 3 months over periods now regular.
SIR I M 25 Yrs . I have problem of excess nightfall from last 3 yrs. Duration of nightfall is 7-8 times in month. But now a days while urinating I found white fluid like semen also coming. I want some homeopathic or ayurvedic medicines recommendation .
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
I am aged 30, for past one week, when I go for toilet, I get some pain and it's hurting like fired. But there is no problem in going toilet. Kindly suggest what remedies can be done to cure it.
Do I need to worry for my increased urine excretion in terms of quantity and not on terms or number of times.
My prostate size is 44 cc. I am taking Tasulin (0.4) once in night. But now a days I am not comfortable. What to do? Increase dose or change medicine.
I am 15 years old, now a days my urine is very dark and my body aches especially my back, neck, legs and shoulders. I have also have pain in my throat, ears, eyes and head. I also feel very tired after enough rest and sleep.Please tell sir .
Hi! I, Kallol Chakrabartti, DOB-1973. Living from Kolkata, I have suffering from Diabetic from 1992. Last February due to uncontrolled my sugar as well as bad condition of Kidney ,liquid profile and eye then l went on Chennai and met on Drnow I am quite normal. I have a one question to you please tell me which kinds of test I shall doing again?
You're said to suffer from the problem of acute kidney failure if your kidneys suddenly stop working and lose their ability to eliminate waste materials including excess fluids and salts from the blood. The condition usually develops quickly over a few days or even a few hours. When this happens, waste materials accumulate in your blood, disrupting the chemical balance of your bloodstream.
So, what causes this problem?
Acute kidney failure can occur because of any one of these reasons:
1. A drop or slowdown of blood flow to the kidneys - Adequate blood circulation to the kidneys is of great importance as without it the kidneys may end malfunctioning. If blood flow to the kidney is hampered, a part of or the entire kidney may die. You may suffer from acute kidney failure if blood flow to the kidneys gets impaired due to conditions like
- Heavy blood loss
- Sepsis (body's inflammatory reaction to an infection, which can bring about organ failure, tissue damage, and death)
- Use of certain drugs
- Heart disease
2. Urinary obstructions - A sudden blockage that hampers your kidney's ability to eliminate urine can also bring about acute kidney failure. When this happens, it leads to a build up of toxins in the body, causing an overload of the kidneys. Conditions that bring about this urinary obstruction include:
- Cervical cancer
- Colon cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney stones
- Enlarged prostate
- Prostate cancer
3. Disease within the kidneys - Even instances of clotting within the blood vessels of the kidneys can lead to acute kidney failure. This is because if the movement of blood cells within the blood vessels gets hampered, kidneys are not able to filter out toxins from the body. The conditions and diseases that may cause clotting, and subsequently damage to the kidneys include:
- Scleroderma (an autoimmune disease that affects connective tissues and skin)
- Build-up of cholesterol deposits
- Glomerulonephritis (an inflammatory condition of the kidney's ball-shaped structures called glomeruli)
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome (a condition that occurs due to untimely death of red blood cells)
- Lupus (a disorder of the body's immune system that brings about damage to the body's own organs and tissues)