Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vedagiri VYour feedback matters!
He is diabetic type 2patient and taking jalra m 50/1000 mg for 3 months. Is it safe for him and what should diet for him and his sugar level appx 180/238.
I masturbate 3 to 4 times a day since last 6 years Does it affect on my sexual life after marriage I am very afraid.
When do we often suffer from loose motion when we have food that is cooked out of our house like junk food?
Small painful mouth sores can be anywhere in the mouth lips, soft palate, hard palate, cheeks, gum base, tongue and even on the roof of the mouth. When situated inside the mouth, they can cause pain during eating or swallowing, especially with hot or spicy foods. A bigger cause for concern is that these mouth sores or mouth ulcers or canker sores could be an indication of an underlying health condition. A lot of chronic diseases, including HIV, herpes, and syphilis, manifest themselves as mouth sores. The following are some of the health conditions to watch out for when you have mouth sores. Each disease has characteristic appearance and so very often are easy to identify.
1. Herpes simplex (HSV1): The herpes simplex virus causes sores on the lips only which are usually painful with red blisters that last about 10 to 14 days. These are caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 and the sores appear about 20 days after contracting the virus. Also, once they enter the system, they can cause recurrent attacks especially when the immunity is low.
2. Canker sore: The most common type of mouth ulcer, they are also known as aphthous ulcers and are usually seen on the soft tissues of the mouth (not the hard palate or the gum base). These are generally innocuous and heal within 5 to 7 days. Do reach out for medical help if there are more than 5 to 6 bouts of canker sores in a year.
3. Oral thrush: Also known as candidiasis, this is where there are whitish lesions on the tongue and the insides of the mouth. Candida is a fungus that is normally present in the mouth, but when the immune system is weakened, it can lead to an infection, orally manifested as white lesions. These are typical and appear in toddlers and in patients with anemia, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, or cancer patients on chemotherapy.
4. HIV/AIDS: Another disease which first can be diagnosed in the mouth is HIV/AIDS. In the first stages of infection, known as acute retroviral syndrome, where the first symptoms of the disease begin to manifest, oral ulcers are one of the first symptoms. With the other associated symptoms, more workup for diagnosis should be done followed by appropriate treatment.
5. Oral cancers: The lining of the inside of the mouth can develop cancer and usually it appears in the form of chronic non healing ulcer that just does not go away. Seen anywhere in the mouth, nonhealing ulcers are a cause for concern and should be investigated and treated.
As seen above, mouth sores may be harmless often, but in some cases, may have something more to tell about the health in some cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I am taking ayurvedic medicines twice a day (after lunch and dinner) for bloating, heaviness and indigestion. along with these (Can I take some antacid (early morning. Which will be the safest. I am also attending yoga classes.
I have pain in my teeth which is done rootcenal last 4 month ago if my teeth ia not live how it can pain please explain?
As I was sleeping in my bed. Am in my deep sleep it automatically releases sperm. What is the reason? Y iys going like dat?
I am writing this mail on behalf of my father, age 53 who is a sugar patient. At present he intakes the following medicines as prescribed by his doctor. 1. Glizen MF 12. Glizen MF 23. Tellzy 404. thyroxine 100mgHe heard about an ayurvedic medicine BGR34I want your opinion on, whether it is good to take this ayurvedic medicine instead?
I am 30 years old past 6 months my heart beats are going faster then normally when I doing my office work then suddenly my hands are also vibrating so that I am not writing properly kindly help me for this.
I want to tell you about my problem I have problem of cough from the last one year. I recognized with the doctor for this problem the gave me some medicines to rid it but no effect happen with this medicine so what I should do to tackle my problem please tell me the answer of my problem.
I have sperms problem during sex I release them very earlier I have no control over them. Please suggest me help me.
I have small acne on my face mostly on forehead and I used to apply aloevera jelly cream before sleep. But no any effect. What I should do?
Sir, after lunch or dinner sometimes urticaria and itching develops on my cheek region and disappear after around 1/2 hr. It happens 1-2 days in a week.
I have a heavy headache for many days which comes sometimes when sunlight falls over me. What should I do?
Piles (haemorrhoids) are swollen and inflamed blood vessels (veins) in rectum and anus.
Piles are broadly classified as follows:
- External: Piles that are outside anal verge
- Internal: Piles that occur inside the rectum
Causes of piles:
These include the following:
- Genetic predisposition (weak rectal veins, walls)
- Poor muscle tone in the rectal region
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Chronic cough
- Overuse of laxatives or enemas lifting heavy weights habitually
Symptoms of piles:
Symptoms vary depending upon the site of piles, duration of complaints and general health of the person.
External piles present as a swelling outside the anus with irritation and itching. These can be painful sometimes and usually do not bleed.
Internal piles are usually not painful but these bleed when they are irritated such as during the stool.
1. Nitric acid - Piles with hard stool usually bleeding piles. Nitric acid acts specifically on rectum. Sphincter like sensation is chief guiding symptom
2. Aesculus hip- It is another beautiful remedy for piles for persons having habitual constipation and backache. These rarely bleed.
3. Aloe soccotrine - Bluish appearance of the swelling. Constipation alternates with diarrhoea. Bleeding painful piles
4. Calc fluor - Hard swelling which may or may not be painful. Sensation of heaviness
5. Collinsonia - Piles alternate with heart symptoms. Sensation as it beaten with sticks.
6. Hammamalis - This a pure gold medicine for bleeding and painful piles. Espacialy for venous haemorrhage from any orifice of body
7. Millefolium- Painless bleeding in case of piles call for this remedy. Blood can be bright red.
8. Nux vom - Persons suffering from habitual constipation with the trade mark of frequent and ineffectual urging. Blind haemorrhoids.
9. Sulphur - Long standing piles cases with sympyoms of early morning stool and bleeding per rectum.
There are many more giants of remedies. But prescription should be made on the basis of totality of the symptoms after a proper case taking.