Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vasunthara ThiyagarajanYour feedback matters!
I have low ovarian reserve nd history of endometriosis now my age is 39 my amh is 1.8 Went for ivf for several time but failed to conceive. I don't want to go with egg donor I am taking ovigyn dsr 75 mg and folsafe plus once a day can I take coq10 100 mg twice a day along ovigyn and folsafe plus Is it safe to take.
I got married 10 years back still we don't have child, what to do, my wife is heavy, 85 kgs, and my weight is 60. My wife has asthma also, and take 100 MG capsules daily, will she be able to conceive.
Take meals on time
Take small and frequent meals
Drink atleast 10-12 glasses of water
Don't keep too much gap between meals
Eat all vegetables and fruits except papaya, pinepale
Eat handful of nuts everyday
Eat one green leafy vegetable (palak, methi) daily
Eat sprouted food 2-3 times a week
Eat fermented food like idli, dhokla, khaman twice in a week
Consume more of proteins in diet like dals andpulses, milk, soyabeans,
Take plenty of raw vegetables and fruits in salad formto avoid constipation
Avoid taking too much of caffeine in your diet.
Limit upto one cup of tea or coffee.
Do pregnancy exercises thrice in a week or walk at least 30 min daily
. Avoid outside food especially chinese which contains aginomotto
Avoid black salt which is present in chaat items like pani puri, bhel, papdi chaat.
Avoid junk food
Don't take more of spicy and oily food
Avoid all kinds of soft drinks or aerated water.
Take calcium and iron supplements daily.
Take proper rest 8-10 hrs sleep.
The field of Ayurveda treats a variety of ailments by diagnosing conditions that are not otherwise recognised by modern day medicinal systems. One of these conditions or concepts is Ama or mild toxin. Improper digestions, stress, pollution, a bad diet can all cause toxins to build in our body. This is why periodic internal cleansing is very much advised in Ayurveda. Anything which is not completely processed is known as Ama.
Now let's look at ways on how you can prevent the build-up of Ama in your body:
- Overeating and Indigestion: One of the best ways to avoid Ama build up is to keep oneself from overeating. Also, as per Ayurveda, one must not sit down for a meal before the previous meal is digested. Also, emotional eating leads to overeating and all kinds of unhealthy food including excessive sweets, fried and fatty food. Also, one must eat meals at the same time every day and avoid skipping meals in order to ensure that an irregular digestive system does not end up producing Ama in the body.
- Diet: One needs to ensure that the dietary intake is made up of healthy foods. In order to avoid Ama build up, you will also need to eliminate food that is difficult to digest including aerated drinks, food and drinks that are taken at extremely cold temperatures including ice cold water and ice cream. This usually puts out the digestive fires which keep the digestion going.
- Meditation: Practicing transcendental meditation is a good way of keeping Ama at bay. Transcendental meditation is a state of being in one's deepest sense of awareness. It is a simple meditative technique that helps you remain well balanced with just 20 minutes of practice every day. This method is known to prevent ailments in the body through its function of awareness.
- Exercise and Sleep: Some amount of exercise is required by every human body. This also helps in preventing Ama. Exercise keeps the metabolism and digestive system in peak and active form. Indulging in light to moderate exercise ensures that you sweat and flush out the unnecessary toxins of the body, even as you work up an appetite for food which ensures healthy eating. Sleep is equally important in reducing Ama as well.
Sleep, exercise, proper eating habits and a patch of meditation every day are some of the various ways that can aid the blocking and reduction of Ama.
Related Tip: Treating Sinusitis with Ayurveda ?
In winters especially in north india one must take care of skin health due to excessive chills.
Apply vaseline or nariyal oil over exposed skin and especially ears, face, palm, feet etc.
Here are Causes, Symptoms, Precautions and Treatments of PCOS
Good afternoon. My name is Dr. Hitu Madan. I am a gynecologist. I practice in the old part of Gurgaon and attached to the corporate hospitals. I have got my own centre on Old Railway Road called New Madan Medical Centre. Today, the topic of discussion is PCOS that is the polycystic ovarian syndrome.
The rate of the incidence of PCOS is highly increasing because of changing of the lifestyle, weight gain, sedentary dietary habits, smoking, and alcohol. Of course, genetic phenotype also has a factor in this. PCOS is mostly encountered in the young girls and also a major cause of infertility nowadays. The main symptom encountered in this is the irregular menstrual cycle. Basically, what happens in this is that there an imbalance in the female sexual hormones mainly the estrogen and progesterone. They go out of balance and there is more production of the androgen that is one of the types of the male hormones. Then there are problems encountered in this are infertility, changes in appearance of a lady and in extreme cases there may be cardiac symptoms also.
The deranged ratio of the LH and the FSH hormone leads to all these problems. Certain other symptoms are the irregular periods, acne, weight gain, infertility, depression. Females in extreme cases may have diabetes, hypertension and increased cholesterol level. This is not curative but it can be controlled first by weight reduction- decreasing your BMI by less than 25. In cases of androgen excess, you can control it with the help of the hormonal pills. In the ladies who want to have pregnancy, ovulation induction can be done and if other management required per se, can be done. In certain cases, the lady might have to undergo surgical therapy.
If you have any other concern regarding PCOS, you can contact me on Lybrate.
Hi sir/ mam, I am not having my periods from last 4 months. (from September 1st week to till date) and then I did unprotected sex on 28 november. With my hubby. But it's almost now 4 months that no periods come. Please help to out for this. Waiting your reply.
Hello doctor. My period is 20 days late. Normally my cycle is 37 days. I had an unprotected sex with my bf about 6 week ago. He told that he did not ejaculated inside. But for safety I took an emergency contraceptive within 2 hour of the sex. Yesterday I took a home pregnancy test and it was negative 3 times. I am now worried am I pregnant?
If she passed her ovulation period thn wil that precum can still be enough to make her pregnant. Bcoz we did it at the time when she was about to get her periods. After I asked you previous qstn she had her periods. BT can this precum effect after?
I am 22years old female. I am taking unwanted 72 more than 10 time. I want to know it create a problem in my pregnancy?
Dr. My wife she's pregnant 18 weak ago but she's not feel any moment such as before what should I do.
I have 2 simple cyst in left ovary and pain in lower abdomen and lower back, thighs. Nausea , vomiting and smell in everything. And very much pain in near my cycle.
When it comes to sexually transmitted diseases or STDs, there is no doubt that prevention is better than cure. Contrary to popular belief, STDs do not spread only through intercourse. STDs can also spread by skin to skin contact. The easiest way to prevent STDs is by abstaining from sex or being in a monogamous relationship with an uninfected person. This may not be possible for many men. Hence, let's take a look at alternatives to prevent sexual diseases.
1. Get tested - Most STDs can be easily tested for and treated. Thus, it is a good idea to regularly get yourself tested if you have more than one sexual partner. Your partner should ideally also get tested for STDs. However, remember that herpes and the human papillomavirus do not show up on STD tests.
2. Avoid sex under the influence of alcohol or drugs - When inebriated, you may not make the best decisions. Decisions made at this stage are usually rash and not thought out. Thus, you may forget to ask the other person if she has been tested for STDs.
3. Vaccinations - Vaccinations can be effective against some types of STDs. The HPV vaccine can be given to boys as young as 11 years until they turn 26. Other vaccines that protect men from STDs are Hepatitis A and hepatitis B vaccinations.
4. Use condoms - Condoms are the only way to protect yourself against the transference of STDs during intercourse. A condom should be used even if the woman is using an alternate form of birth control. Never reuse a condom and do not use an oil based lubricants with a condom. Before using a condom always check to ensure the condom is not punctured in any way and that it is within the expiry period. A condom should be used for oral, vaginal and anal sex. However, this does not prevent the transmission of STDs like syphilis, herpes and HPV.
5. Communicate with your partner - It is a good idea to share your sexual history with your partner. This creates an environment where you can discuss getting tested for STDs before engaging in intercourse. You must reach an explicit agreement about what forms of intercourse both of you are comfortable with. It is also a good idea to discuss a possible monogamous relationship with your partner.
6. Circumcision - Male circumcision is said to reduce a man's risk of contracting STDs like HIV, genital herpes and genital HPV. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.