Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vasunthara ThiyagarajanYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, my weight is 60 kg nd become bit fat nd now I am planning to have a baby. Is this weight is good to carry for conceiving my height is 5.1 please suggest me.
The menopause can take three very different routes for women. There are those who sail through it with very few symptoms or problems and don't even notice that their ovaries have stopped producing the hormone. Then there are those for whom it is a matter of a few hot flushes and a couple of night sweats, doesn't last long and not really a bother. This usually marks a relief from the periods. But for some it is abject misery accompanied with crippling fatigue, absolute exhaustion, hot flushes, vaginal drying, mood swings along with low desire or lack of sexual feelings. These symptoms might persist for more than 7 years.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is considered to be an effective treatment for menopausal symptoms. The other problems linked with menopause can also be influenced by HRT in a positive manner.
HRT is indicated in:
- Treatment of symptoms of menopause and the risk benefit ratio is apt for the women and they have been informed about the same
- For women who are around 51 years and are reaching menopause even though they are asymptomatic
- In women who are at the risk of osteoporotic fractures and are under 60 years and the non-estrogen treatments cannot be given
- HRT is not recommended in women who are above 60 years
Benefits of HRT:
The benefits of HRT usually are more than the risk if done in a woman who is under 60 years of age.
- Improvement in quality of life by relieving muscle pains and improving sleep
- The mood swings are controlled and low moods are usually alleviated by HRT. Low moods usually arise due to menopause.
- It reduces the vasomotor symptoms, usually within four months of the treatment with maximum benefit in three months
- HRT improves the urogenital symptoms by lowering the vaginal dryness, vaginal atrophy, urinary frequency and symptoms.
- HRT reduces the risk of osteoporosis. HRT is believed to preserve the bone mass density of the skeletal sites thus reducing the chances of vertebral and nonvertebral fractures.
- HRT also reduces the risk of colorectal cancer and cardiovascular diseases
Risks of HRT:
The main risks of HRT are stroke, endometrial and breast cancer, thromboembolic disease, pulmonary embolism and gallbladder disease. Though other risks are:
- It increases the risk of ischemic stroke
- There is a small risk associated with breast cancer and the risk increases more, if the woman is underweight or overweight, alcohol user, smoker and stops HRT suddenly
- Estrogen only HRTs can increase the risk of endometrial cancer. If cyclical progestogen is used for 10 days for 28 cycles then the risk is eliminated.
HI, I need to check about pregnancy. My wife had her last period on Jan 29th 2017 and every month she get her period 5-6 days early. This month it should have happened on 23-24 Feb but it didn’t happen and on 27th Feb night there was light bleeding not red color & she had all those pregnancy symptoms. But on 28th Feb the bleeding was more and she had cramp also, the bleeding is more than usually period. Let me know about this. She had head spin also from last 4 days. Please help me with this. And I had one doubt will it bleed before pregnancy when egg attached & if yes how long Thank you.
I want to get pregnant in the month of may and would follow doctors advice of having intercourse from day 11 to day 21 (alternative days) after periods and hav 5 mg folic acid. What are the chances that I can really get pregnant? I am really worried and want to get pregnant soon. I am trying since a week and feeling a bit of heaviness in my stomach and feeling sleepy too. Do you think I should check the pregnancy. If the result comes negative so I do not want to delay my pregnancy I want it any how so how can I get d goal achieved In the month of may itself.
Reason for nausea or vomiting in pcos. My pregnancy report is negative. Is it necessary to visit doctor?
M having severe ringworm type infection in my vagina and bum. I dont know why suddenly it increased soo much. It was developed from the use of clean and dry intimate foam wash after I stopped using it it became alright I mean the problem got reduced to a great extend but after I took 2 I pills on alternate days this infection spread out like a fire. Pleas someone help me out. I had I pil 1 month ago n have suffering since 1 month. I olwas clean my intimate areas with dettol shop. But now I can not use shop even. Please help me so that I can get well as soon as possible.
I had share my problem of irregularity of periods to doctor she asked me whether I have boy friend and had physical relation with him. I had lie to her and I said no then she told me to go for sonography test. Now I'm tensed for the result of test.
A collection of symptoms typically occurring between ovulation and menses (discharge of blood and from the uterus) is defined as premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Premenstrual syndrome symptoms can either be physical or emotional.
Physical symptoms and signs include:
- Muscle or joint pain
- Weight gain due to fluid retention
- Bloated abdomen
- Breast tenderness
- Acne breakouts
- Diarrhoea or constipation
While other behavioural and emotional symptoms include:
- Anxiety or tension
- Depressed mood
- Crying spells
- Anger or irritability and mood swings
- Food cravings and appetite changes
- Social withdrawal
- Poor concentration
Causes: The exact cause of PMS is unknown. But there are several contributing factors, such as:
- Cyclic hormonal changes: The hormones oestrogen and progesterone fluctuate a lot while preparing for a normal menstrual cycle. This fluctuation causes some of the symptoms of PMS.
- Chemical changes: The fluctuation of serotonin, a kind of neurotransmitter (brain chemical), affects the mood, which causes some of the emotional symptoms of PMS. For instance, insufficient serotonin triggers premenstrual depression, insomnia, food cravings and fatigue.
- Depression: If the PMS symptoms are severe, depression could be the underlying cause, though it doesn't usually trigger all of the symptoms.
Treatment: There is no permanent cure for PMS, but a few lifestyle changes and home remedies can work very well for you. Some treatment options include:
- To ease abdominal bloating, drink lots of fluids
- Eat a balanced diet comprised of plenty of vegetables and fruits. Reduce your alcohol, caffeine, salt and sugar intake.
- You can take supplements such as magnesium, calcium, vitamin B-6 and folic acid to reduce mood swings and cramps.
- Take vitamin D supplements to relieve symptoms
- Sleep for at least eight hours in the night to counter fatigue
- Exercise to improve your emotional health and reduce bloating
- Try to reduce your stress as much as you can; read a book or walk to relieve some stress.
Besides, these lifestyle changes, you can take over-the-counter medications such as aspirin and ibuprofen to reduce stomach cramps, muscles aches and headaches. Diuretics (drugs that increase urination) are excellent treatments for bloating and fluid retention. However, consult your doctor before consuming any medication or supplement.
Causes and home remedies for Infertility
Good morning, mera naam hai Dr. Amol Bamane aur main Rasyog Ayurveda ka founder hun. Aaj main aapko Infertility ke barey mein jankari dene wala hun. Uske causes, symptoms aur uske liye main home remedies bhi aaj aapko batane wala hun. Toh infertility; the biological inability of a person to contribute to conception. Agar koi male ho, ya female ho, agar woh conception ke liye properly physically ready nahi hai ya koi deformity hai, toh usse infertility kaha jata hai.
Uske causes hai sperm ya ovum deformity, uterus, nourishment, time of conception, yeh saare uske causes hai. Iske laye diet aur aapaka life style jo hai, woh aap din mein zyada se zyada dairy products lijiyega, milk products lijiyega, just like a milk aur butter milk jo hai, woh khane mein zyada rakhna. Aur almonds, walnuts toh yeh bhi aap din mein khaiye do, teen baar. Do baar toh aap yeh khaiye. Uske sivaye smoking aur alcohol jo hai, yeh consumption puri tarha se bandh kijiyega. Exercise kijiye aur diet jo hai, aap ka healthy hona chahiye. Fruit juices bhi aapka diet mein hona chahiye.
Iss vishay mein adhiktam jaankari ke liye aap lybrate.com pe jaa k humein direct consult bhi kar sakte hai.
I stopped using dronis 30 since one month 10 days I didn't get my periods yet. I had protected sex intercourse 4 months ago and after having sex I got regular periods for 3 months, is there any chance gor pregnancy?
Hi I am 12 weeks and 6 day pregnant yesterday I had my NT scan the result shows unossified nasal bone so the doctor scheduled for double test, I just wanted to know whether the absent nasal bone is an indicator of chromosomal abnormalities such as downs syndrome, and the accuracy of double test and how they are analysing the report. Please reply?
Mene apni girlfriend ke sath 5-6 days pehle sex kiya tha vo unsafe tha fir mene use unwanted 72 medicine dedi or uski period date kal thi vo ni aai please.
I had taken option 72 after 48 hrs. Will it work? And please confirm won't I get pregnant for another 3 years.
For the growth and development of children, they need an essential nutrient Iron. It helps in the transfer of oxygen from lungs to the body's tissues. Red blood cells contain iron in the hemoglobin. The hemoglobin carries oxygen in the blood to the different parts of the body. Iron has an important role to play in the development of brain and generating energy in a child's body. The lack of sufficient iron in the child's body can lead to anemia, which is a nutritional deficient illness and will require medical attention. When a child suffers from anemia, the lack of oxygen makes a child weak and sick.
There are certain symptoms of Iron deficiency in a child's body. These are:
- Infections and weak immune system can make a child suffer from frequent infections.
- Lethargy and fatigue is another common symptom of an iron deficient body. Due to deficiency of Iron it is difficult for the body to transport oxygen to cells in the body and hence it unable to generate enough energy levels.
- Breathlessness and increased sweating can be a sign that your child may be suffering from iron deficiency.
- Pica Children suffering from iron deficiency may find a special taste for non-food substances like chalk, dirt and clay.
- Lack of iron in the body hampers the physical growth of a child.
The deficiency of iron in children can be diagnosed through blood tests. Your doctor may recommend supplementing iron content orally or through multivitamin medicines. But the deficiency of Iron in a child's body should be taken care of with absolute urgency.
Proper steps should be taken to prevent the deficiency of Iron in children. Those notable precautions are mentioned below:
- Balanced diet: A well balanced diet is always recommended. For older children (within 9-12 years of age), red meat, chicken and fish would suffice as good sources of iron.
- Oral iron supplements: Oral iron supplements would be required for children with low weight at birth and who have a deficiency of iron in their daily diet.
- Vitamin C: Foods such as strawberries, tomatoes and potatoes help in providing the sufficient iron content when included in daily diets, thus reducing the chances of anemia.