Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vasundhara
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VasundharaYour feedback matters!
My girlfriend used unwanted 72 two weeks ago. Today, she tested pregnancy with prega news pregnancy test kit. It shows positive. Why? And what should I do now?
If you are experiencing heartburn during pregnancy, it is important for you to know about the ways of dealing with it. Heartburn, which is a fiery, painful sensation, occurs when the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) starts leaking or relaxing. This makes your stomach acids to flow up into the esophagus, resulting in acidity or heartburn. Pregnant women are more susceptible to heartburns because the relaxing hormone slows down the rate of digestion, thereby keeping food in the stomach for longer duration and triggering acidity.
Here are the various measures you should take for dealing with acidity during pregnancy:
- Follow regular eating patterns: Overeating triggers heart burns, and hence, you should eat less. During pregnancy, there is much less space in the stomach for it to expand. Maintaining a healthy diet in lesser quantities will help you in eliminating the heartburn throughout your pregnancy. You should eat several small meals a day instead of having two or three large meals. It is easier for your body to digest smaller meals.
- Avoid trigger foods: You need to identify the common foods, which trigger your heartburn, and eliminate them from your diet. You should abstain from consuming acidic food items like tomatoes, citrus fruits, fried and spicy food, coffee, carbonated drinks, and alcohol.
- Focus on fluids: A liquid diet causes much lesser problems compared to solid food products as they can move through your stomach quickly. You should consume milkshakes, soups, yoghurt, smoothies, puddings, and protein shakes. Try to take liquids, which are rich in protein like dairy products. While having solid foods, ensure that you chew them very well.
- Sleep properly: In order to avoid heartburn during the night, you must not eat anything three hours before going to sleep. You should make the head of your bed elevated by placing books or any solid object under the bed’s legs. You should sleep on your left side, which will make it difficult for stomach acids to travel up to your esophagus.
- Sit or stand up right after a meal: After taking any meal, you should take a short walk, undertake some housework, or sit down for a while. Avoid lying down, and abstain from doing anything for which you have to bend over.
- Wear comfortable clothes: You should wear loose-fitting clothes for dealing with acidity or heartburn during pregnancy. Tight clothing puts extra pressure on your abdomen, which is already crammed. This is capable of worsening acid reflux. Therefore, you should choose loose fitting maternity wear for eliminating acidity and heartburn. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
21 year old girl mc come twice in a month she have some time before pregnant she have some tab abortion so tell me what kind problem she have why she mc come twice in a month.
The human body’s ability to manage the fats consumed and the way the liver functions to handle this in the overall metabolism setting are dependent on choline. Choline, which is present mostly in the form of Vitamin B12, is available in plenty in most of the foods consumed by people regularly. The issue arises when the body system fails to absorb choline nutrient from the food consumed. There are also cases where the dietary intake does not possess adequate choline in it.
Natural Difficulty in Absorbing Choline
There are certain conditions in which the system finds it difficult to absorb choline though the diet may contain the nutrient. People who have just undergone a by-pass surgery or those who have had a kidney transplant done or if there is already a liver problem like cirrhosis face this issue. There are other reasons also which can lead to choline deficiency, such as the prolonged intake of anti-convulsant drugs and so on.
How to Detect or What are the Symptoms?
Some apparent symptoms can lead the GP to ask for more tests to establish that the person does have choline deficiency. In normal person, even high blood pressure could be caused due to choline deficiency. Then in many cases, a blood test for any other condition might reveal very low levels of VLDL (Very Low-Density Lipoprotein). This substance in the blood is used by the liver to transport fats and naturally, if VLDL is below a certain threshold the person is bound to be suffering from choline deficiency. High level of cholesterol is another symptom. It has to be understood that choline is also essential for the human brain to be functioning at its active best. Deficiency of choline can lead to an early setting in of dementia. Of course, any patient with liver and kidney related condition reaching the doctor will be checked for choline deficiency since these are closely related.
Where to Get Choline from?
The next obvious question is which foods can get you choline easily and you won’t suffer from a deficiency. As mentioned there are plenty of food items of daily consumption which have choline in them. The most frequently recommended are the yolk of the egg. Pastured eggs are recommended and though even one egg can give some 115mgms of choline, you can make a couple of eggs a part of your daily breakfast menu. The other suggestion is raw liver as in beef liver which is quite rich in choline. Those who consume only vegetarian foods can always eat a lot of green vegetables like cauliflower, cabbage and also nuts and legumes (soaked) and milk and yoghurt are all good for choline intake.
Choline is an essential nutrient in the human body and is critical to the growth and development of cognitive functions and its deficiency can lead to many serious conditions, including liver impairment and brain disorders. There are plenty of foods rich in choline and should be consumed regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Please suggest me Best birth control option for newly wed couple as they want child after 2 years of their marriage.
This is regarding a problem developed recently after my first sex. There's a burning sensation and at times it itch so much internally. What must be the problem and what should I do? One thing I'm sure, my husband doesn't have any STDs and since the itch started couple of days back I've washed it properly. Please suggest some cream or means to cure it. Thank you.
Mood disorders are characterized by emotional disturbance in the patient and are of different kinds. This further leads to disruption in physical, social and thought processes in an individual. The two major mood disorders are mania and depression. In case of mania, the patient develops intense, unrealistic feelings, and in depression the patient becomes extremely sad and feels dejected. In some cases, a person may experience both mania and depression, while in other cases, a person only goes through depression. Mood disorders are classified into two major categories:
- Unipolar, where a patient experiences only depression.
- Bipolar, where a patient experiences mania and depression at the same time.
Homeopathic medicines are extensively used for treating mood disorders. Homeopathy works effectively on mood disorders and gives satisfactory results. There are several homeopathic medicines for mood disorders, which are prescribed on the basis of the causes of a certain mood disorder. Here is a list of common homeopathic remedies for mood disorders and when they are used:
- Anacardium: It is a homeopathic medicine used in curing mood disorders where the patient talks foolish and imagines foolish, baseless things. The patient turns irritable and quarrelsome as he loses self-confidence. Stupidity and childishness are indicated. The patient laughs on serious matters and feels like having a dual personality.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is used to treat mood disorders, which fall under the category of mania. The patient’s will power gets deranged, develops extra sexual excitement, and talks without sense. The patient becomes wild and offends others without any reason. He feels like touching every person and objects around and uses offensive language.
- Stramonium: This medicine is used in mood disorders where a patient develops weird ideas, talks with imaginary friends, becomes unclean and unhygienic and experiences fear. He looks frightened and in horror. The patient desires company.
- Arsenic album: Arsenic album is used for the cure of mood disorders where a patient develops a tendency of self mutilation. He feels worthless and is in despair. The memory gets weak, and any slight dispute makes the patient furious; he feels a rush of blood to the head. He fears death and fears of getting deserted by others. Acute melancholia is indicated.
- Hyoscyamus: This is another homeopathic medicine, which treats mood disorders. Hyoscyamus is used when a patient becomes idiotic and silly. The patient becomes lewd and lascivious. Lews gestures are likely among patients with this disorder. The patient becomes a nymphomaniac. This mood disorder arises from jealousy, fights and failed love relationships.
Homeopathy treats mood disorders effectively and most naturally. For each kind of mood disorder, there is a homeopathic remedy. When taken correctly, successful results are attained. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.