Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. VasundharaYour feedback matters!
Sir sometimes I do anal sex with my gf. If sperm enters into ass anything will happen? Any chances of pregnancy?
I am suffering from menopause.My age is 41.My weight is 65.Due to that my blood flows very much.Can i remove my uterus. Do it have any sideeffects on body.Pls reply.Thankyou
I am 22 yrs old female from Chennai. My height is 151 cm and weight 76 kgs. I have PCOS cysts in both ovaries and taking NORMOZ tablet for it. I am hypothyroid and taking medication for that and it is in control now. TSH is 4.17. I have kidney stone in right kidney since past two years. I have no pain or symptoms. Urea value is 22 and creatinine is 0.8. But the ultrasound showed that size has slightly increased (5.9 mm) What should I do for it? My cholesterol level is high. The ultrasound I did showed a fatty liver. My cholesterol level is 196 and LDL is 13. LDL to HDL ratio 2.7. Is it a risk factor? Should I take any medication for it? How to bring it to normal level? I am attaching my reports regarding cholesterol, thyroid, etc. Please have a look and comment about it. I have lot of dandruff in my hair. I am using shampoos suggested by my dermatologist but yet have lot of powdery dandruff. What is solution for it? Please answer all my queries above. Thanks.
My wife is 6 months pregnant. From tonight her womb get tight. There is no pain only tightness in womb. Baby is moving. She has gas problem What should I do? Please advise.
How often have you heard the aphorism "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" and wondered if it is any close to the truth? Well, studies reveal that eating this delicious fruit everyday day may not cut the number of visits you make to the doctor. However, it definitely helps in keeping your pharmacy bills at bay due to its numerous health benefits. Read on to find how apples are true to the modified saying 'An apple a day keeps the pharmacist away'.
1. Fights type 2 diabetes: Apples are known to alter circulating glucose levels to a minimum amount. This helps in controlling your blood sugar level. What more, researchers have reached the conclusion that biting into an apple everyday results in one third less chances of developing type 2 diabetes among women.
2. Provides protection against cancer: Apple is rich in natural pigments known as anthocyanins, flavonoids including quercetin and rutin, phenolic acids like ellagic and ferulic acids and the antioxidant glutathione. These components are very beneficial in preventing cancer. Moreover, apple peel contains triterpenoids, which prevents the growth of cancer cells in liver, breast and colon.
3. Reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases: A recent study reveals that inclusion of ample amounts of soluble fibre into your diet slows down cholesterol-rich plaque build up in your arteries. Plaque build-up in arteries are one of the causative agents of coronary artery disease. Apple, being rich in soluble fibre and containing quercetin (which protects lining of the blood vessels), diminishes the chances of cardiovascular diseases.
4. Prevents cataracts: Apples are good sources of antioxidants. Long term research on peoples’ food habits show that satisfying your appetite with this ripe fruit can make you 10 to 15 per cent less prone to developing cataracts.
5. Helps to maintain your weight: Tired of being overweight? Then you should definitely switch to apple bites everyday as they keep your weight on check. The high fibre content of apples is responsible for this as they serve as a filling food option without being loaded with calories.
6. Aids liver detoxification: Horrified of the toxins that get into your body daily with the intake of any kind of food? Just relax, as doctors say that the best liver detox diets for your body comprise different types of fruits including apples.
7. Reduces cholesterol levels: A medium apple is known to contribute five grams of fibre to your daily diet, which exceeds most cereals. Besides, apples contain the cholesterol reducing soluble fibre pectin in abundant amount. Cholesterol build up in the lining of blood vessel walls is prevented by pectin which lessens the likelihood of getting atherosclerosis and heat diseases.
8. Gives you better immunity: The presence of an antioxidant named quercetin has been proven to be effective in heightening the efficiency and strengthening your immune system. Also, biting into a succulent apple regularly frees your body from various infections.
So, you age old myth did not become so popular without reason. Now that you known apples can be major contributors to your good health, go get a basket of them quickly for you and your family!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 9 month pregnant k (due date 9 august) and my amniotic fluid level is bit less around 10.7 last month (June) I am taking Gyargin powder for increasing fuild level. (From last 7 days) and my baby weight is around 2.5 from last week to this week (my baby 's weight not increased in last week ). Is there any complication in delivery or these are normal and I can deliver my baby normally. I don't want to have c section. What are chances of my normal delivery. Other information Hemoglobin is 12.3 Pwd (IR) 19.7.
I had unprotected oral sex with a hooker, going down on her. I had protected vaginal sex. Its been 10 days now for this. I am worried about getting HIV or STD. I don't know what to do next. I am having mouth irritation but no other symptoms yet. Please tell me what should be my next steps. Should I go for PCR RNA test or should I wait for HIV antibody test. I am getting too anxious and worried.
I am 38 married since 10 year & had 2 miscarriage & infant death. Recent miscarriage was 3 months before. I have undergone APLA test last year now triquilar tab taken foe 2 months. Can I try for pregnancy or further tests required for rubella, chic, TORCH. Please help me. Thanks
Hi, I am 23 year old two weeks ago I had sex wid ma partner and took ipill after 2 days and after taking pill by mistakenly he sperm out inside again .on next two days so I took another pill. So is der any chances of pregnancy or any affect on my body. I am in trouble do not know what to do right now. I think I am pregnant.
My 40 yrs old friend had unprotected sex on 17th november. Her partner did not ejaculate inside. She immediately popped ipill within 3hrs after act. Her periods were on 3rd november and are regular. She has been taking daily papaya twice a day. What are pregnancy chances? What is recommended dose of ipill?
I'm married with 2 children's .not doing breastfeeding I am feeling pain in my nipples. please suggest..
We had dry humping on 26 march after that on 14 April she got her regular periods. Now in this month may she is delaying by 4 days now for periods. What can be reasons.
Breast cancer is the form of cancer that occurs from breast tissues in women. Signs of breast cancer may include a lump in the breast, changes in the shape of the breast, dimpling of the breast skin, a fluid coming out of the nipples or development of red scaly patches on the skin. There might be pain in the bones, swollen lymph nodes, shortness of breath, or the skin turning yellow and pale.
Breast cancer is a fatal mode of cancer in women, and one must try to abstain from this cancer in all possible ways. Here are 5 ways you can decrease the risk of breast cancer.
- Keeping a check on your weight: Although the process is tough to maintain, keeping up a sound and healthy weight is a critical objective for everybody. Being overweight can expand the danger of a wide range of cancers, including breast cancer, particularly after menopause in women. Exercise is very important for maintaining a healthy body and lifestyle. Women who exert physically regularly are fitter than others and are at a much lower risk of acquiring diseases of any kind. Regular exercise decreases the chance of getting breast cancer and also keeps the body weight in check.
- Maintaining a healthy diet: Maintaining a healthy and balanced diet is a key for keeping away from any kind of cancer or major health problem. Include a sufficient amount of fresh fruits and green vegetables in your daily diet to ensure the supply of all vital nutrients to your body. This would increase your immunity.
- Avoid smoking and consume less alcohol: Smoking is a very unhealthy and harmful habit. Smoking lowers the quality of your life, and causes numerous diseases. Heart diseases, stroke and many kinds of cancer, including breast cancer can be caused from smoking. If you drink alcohol, you should moderate your drinking habits and drink less, as drinking in excess may lead to breast cancer.
- Practice breast feeding: Breast feeding your children for a span of one year or more is likely to reduce the risk of breast cancer.
- Avoid taking birth control pills: Birth control pills, in spite of having several benefits are associated with risk factors as well. Birth control pills have got worse effects in younger women than older aged women. Using birth control pills may cause breast cancer and these pills should be avoided.
There are many ways, adapting which you can lower the chances of getting breast cancer.