Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VasundharaYour feedback matters!
I'm 32 yrz of age n I have a year old son. My periods were regular till June 2016. Then I missed my period in July. From August I'm having periods for 12-15 days. What should I do. I only take one thyroid medicine 50 msg. Please advise.
Does drinking coffee daily is good for health and weight loss? What is the right time to drink it? And which coffee should I take black coffee or milk coffee?
Hi doctor. this is regarding my friend she had long relationship with a guy since 3 years physically. Her vagina got loosen due to sex with him daily. Now she wants to know is there any medicines that tightens her vagina without any sides effects.
How can a women identify her fertility days is there any signs in body or any indications there please let me know.
I was 9 month 9 day pregnant but I lost my baby in my womb bcoz of bp high there will any kind of problem to have a 2nd baby.
I am gaining wight due to thyroid and sugar. I am having pcod. By taking medicines and doing exercise i'm unable to reduce my weight. please suggest me what to do? I can not take meal 4-6 times because of going to office.
After unprotected sex after period on 15.10.2016 she no pill take and test is negative and next period date is 11.11.2016 and again unprotected sex on 12.11.2016 ,she no pill take and test is again negative but not come period. What are medicine take for normal period.
HELLO, I am asking this for my mom, she is having an issue in her uterus, the query is that will she get any future issues if she removes her uterus, she is having a fear of having heart attack. She has gastric issue she gets pain in her chest so she has this feeling that something may happen. Kindly let me know is this possible, or there is nothing to worry.
In a recently conducted study, New Delhi scored an alarming 294 on the Air Quality Index (A unit that measures the rate of air pollution on a scale of 0-500, with higher numbers indicating very poor quality of air). The score revealed that the entire population of the capital city is living under a warning zone, where the adverse impacts of such high levels of air pollution can lead to serious health problems such as asthma, coronary artery disease and other chronic issues. However, rising air and smoke pollution seem to be a recent trend not only in New Delhi, but also in the rest of India. In fact, out of the world’s top 20 most polluted cities, 13 are from India!
In lieu of these grave statistics, it is important to be aware about the ways to safeguard ourselves from the hazards of air pollution. You can protect yourself from the risks of respiratory and cardiac problems, cancer, low-immunity related issues and lung problems, if you follow these 5 simple steps:
1. You can use an N95 mask
The N95 mask is a protective respiratory mask, designed specifically to filter airborne particles. It may prevent you from inhaling minute particles that the air carries by acting as a protective barrier. Its name, N95, stands for the 95 per cent of very small test particles that the respirator has been designed to block. It can significantly reduce your risk of contracting respiratory illnesses. Simply wear this mask over your nose and mouth while travelling.You can easily purchase this device at your local pharmacy or at certain popular online stores.
2. Avoid travelling during the hours of heavy pollution
Traffic blocks, which tend to spike air pollution levels, are common during office hours in metropolitans and megacities. To guard yourself from the harmful impact of fuel and smoke emissions, you can choose to travel either just before the office rush hour starts or after it’s over.
3. Breathe in the fresh morning air
If you open the windows of your home every morning, it encourages the flow of fresh air. This allows all the settled dust particles and indoor pollutants to ventilate, thereby decreasing the level of pollutants in your home. This way you can breathe in fresh and pure air as it is less contaminated during the early hours of the morning. Also, you can try placing an air purifier at home as it may trap contaminants through its replaceable filter, ensuring the quality of air you breathe in at home is healthy and free of pollutants.
4. Exercise at the right time
If you work out at the time of day when pollution levels are high, polluted air is drawn into your lungs at a higher rate since cardio-vascular exercises entail heavy and deep breathing. So it’s a good idea to pick your workout time wisely. Just after sunrise is an ideal time since the pollution levels are the lowest.
5. Consume foods and beverages rich in antioxidants
Researchers have found that vitamin C deficiency may cause breathing and immunity-related problems. Regular consumption of berries, tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, apples, plums, green tea, oranges, pomegranates, and lemon among other foods may help you in naturally overcoming health impacts of air and smoke pollution. These foods and beverages can help your body build a strong immune system. They may also prove to be powerful antioxidants that help prevent the onset of respiratory diseases.
Although these methods do not entirely curb the ill-effects of air pollution and smoke, they do go a long way in significantly preventing the impacts of air pollutants on your health. So adopt them to the maximum extent you can for a healthier lifestyle.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am suffering itching around vagina & vulva since 5 days. It started when I used some hair removing cream. No other symptoms or problems. Please suggest some medicine to treat it.
Hello . I have irregular period with hypothyroidism. My last period is ago 5 months. Doctor suspected may be pcod. And I want to know about mode of treatment for pcod. I have one 4 years kid so now am planning to have second one. So due to pcod is there any complications. Pls let me know.
2. Your salad fights wrinkles! plus you'll get healthy nails and hair with silicone-rich foods, eat romaine lettuce, spinach, cucumber, bell pepper, and tomatoes (with the skin on)
3. Honey heals & hydrates. Toss your lip balm and try this natural alternative!
4. Juice your hair! lemon juice combined with tea is great for oily hair. Do half lemon juice, half black tea and rinse through clean hair. The lemon works as a great astringent but doesn't ruin the ph balance.
5. Face off in your kitchen. Ever come home to an empty bottle of make up remover? don't panic! a small amount of olive oil on a cotton pad can gently remove the toughest makeup! (just be sure to remove any oil residue with a clean pad dipped in water.)
6. No stinky feet at tea time. Soak smelly feet in a black tea bath, tea's tannins are good at neutralizing odors.
7. Lemonade for your face! you don't need expensive creams and serums. Find a brighter complexion in your kitchen! just rub a lemon on your face (but don't go out in the sun right away!)
8. Oli-free, eggsactly. Paint a thin layer of egg white after washing your face to fight shine!
9. Be a potato head! potato slices erase dark circles and lighten the skin around your eyes. Next time you want to erase a hangover reach for a potato instead of concealer. (also cucumbers reduce puffiness because they are colder than the skin.)
10. Nail this tip! before a blood red mani or pedi soak your nails in a mixture of lemon juice and warm water to reduce discoloration. The rest of the lemon add to your tea to help boost your immune system, help digestion and clear up your skin!
Women tend to develop high levels of blood sugar during their pregnancy (especially within the 24th and 28th weeks), irrespective of whether they already had suffered from diabetes prior to their pregnancy. However, gestational diabetes, if not taken proper care of, might escalate the risks of developing diabetes in the near future for both the mother and the child, accompanied by complications in pregnancy or labor. Gestational diabetes is usually characterized by mild symptoms such as excessive urge to urinate, excessive thirst, blurred vision and fatigue.
Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, allows for the utilization of the glucose for energy. The food consumed is broken down by the digestive tract of the body, converting carbohydrates into glucose before releasing it into the bloodstream. The glucose is then absorbed by the cells to be used as an energy source. Now, at the time of pregnancy, the placenta (organ nourishing the fetus) connecting the baby to the blood supply also produces various other hormones in high levels, for instance, estrogen and human placental lactogen. Most of these hinder the normal functioning of insulin in the cells, hence raising the blood sugar count. With subsequent growth of the baby, the placenta keeps on producing more amounts of such insulin resistant hormones to an extent that they are capable of meddling with the development of the baby.
1. Monitoring the blood sugar count at least four to five times a day and keeping it under control might help to ease the complication.
2. A healthy diet consisting of whole grains, vegetables and fruits in the right proportion and limiting sugar or other highly refined carbs meets the nutrition and fiber requirement of the body. Guard against additional weight gain during pregnancy as that hampers the entire process.
3. Exercise or regular physical activities help to normalize blood sugar level by boosting glucose absorption in the cells. Furthermore, exercises also enhance the sensitivity of the cells towards insulin. This means that only a little amount of insulin production by your body would be enough for the transportation of sugar.
4. Medication, If exercise and diet fall inadequate, insulin injections are often administered to control blood sugar count.
5. Keeping the baby under close observation with the help of repeated ultrasound and other tests to record its growth and development is an essential part of the treatment plan. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Mam Maine 24 October ko condom lagakar sex Kiya tha, aur 30 Oct. Ko mc ho gai thi. Aur Ab 1 November ko v mc ho gai h Kya sex k bad mc hone k bad v pregnancy ka khatara ho sakta h.
The first thought that comes to your mind when you see a chocolate pastry or a strawberry cheesecake is an immediate urge to eat it. However, these foods are filled with excessive calories and unhealthy fats that do not contribute positively to your health in any manner whatsoever. Basically, you need to control those taste buds in order to remain healthy.
Here are 5 common foods that may be enjoyable but are surprisingly bad for you:
- Chocolate cookie: A chocolate cookie is something that you would love to eat anytime. These cookies are delicious to eat and thus, very difficult to stay away from. They contain calories in large amounts which are mainly from simple carbohydrates. They tend to raise your blood sugar immediately, thus leading to fat accumulation.
- Ice cream: Ice cream is a type of food that is high in calorie content and fat. Most of the calories are from simple sugar and saturated fat that raise your risk of heart disease. Ice cream is also known to add to your kilos in no time at all.
- Biryani: Biryani is a commonly consumed dish because of its flavor and taste. It is made up of rice, spices and hydrogenated vegetable fats, thus making it very high in terms of calories. It also contains unhealthy fats that raise your bad cholesterol levels and up your risk of heart diseases due to plaque buildup in your arteries. You should not consume it if you have a stomach ulcer as it may aggravate the condition.
- Coffee: Coffee contains caffeine which, if consumed in large amounts, can be toxic for your body. Too much coffee might also mess up your sleep cycle and may result in insomnia. Too much of coffee is also proven to raise your bad cholesterol levels.
- Tea: Consumption of tea increases your chances of stomach ulcers and liver complications. One of the constituents of tea, tannic acid, ups the risk of anemia. It is recommended not to drink tea immediately after a meal.
Being able to conceive and give birth to a new life is something that most women dream about. The natural instincts of motherhood give a lot of joy to women after they reach a certain age and this is something that is hormone driven so that they are inspired to get pregnant and give birth, keeping the life cycle of humans regular and growing.
A lot of women may be able to easily conceive and go through a natural pregnancy without any major glitches or problems, but everyone may not be as lucky and there may be those women who may be suffering from health issues that make it difficult for them to conceive.
One problem in women that may lead to difficult in conceiving or infertility may be the problem of endometriosis. This is a health issue that affects the uterus and it is defined as a problem in which the lining of the uterus grows outside of it, disturbing menstrual cycles as well as the ability to conceive and carry a foetus in the uterus.
Is it possible to get pregnant?
There is widespread misconception that women who suffer from endometriosis may never be able to conceive because the uterus lining that is needed for the inception of the embryo in early pregnancy may be missing. However, the truth is that the problem is a treatable one and with the right medical help and guidance, it may be possible to make sure that the problem is brought under control or reversed and that a successful pregnancy may be achieved.
While it is possible to reverse the problem, it is also important for aspiring couples to choose the right gynaecologist for the treatment, because it is a complex issue that can be resolved only with expert and experienced interference. The medical professionals may put you under medication that works on the hormones and creates ways to reverse endometriosis. However, in patients who suffer from severe endometriosis, a surgery may be one of the alternative treatments.
The relation with pregnancy:
As it is suggested by experts in the field of gynaecology, finding difficulty in conceiving may be a real possibility. However, with the help of modern medical practices such as in vitro fertility, it may be possible to conceive when all other forms of treatment fail and in order to achieve such a feat it may be important to trust a doctor that has a perfect backing of knowledge and experience in the field.
The modern world of medicine is no shorter than a marvellous miracle, however, the success or failure of any treatment depends a lot on the kind of medical aide and specialist that you decide to opt for. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.