Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vasumathy Vedantham
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vasumathy VedanthamYour feedback matters!
I have eye sight 6 and that is nearsightedness. Am I eligible for lasik surgery. If yes then what will be the cost?
Eye twitching, tics in the eyelids and spasms in the eye are pretty common. In case of eye twitching, usually the lower eyelid becomes involved. The upper eyelid may also twitch in certain cases. Twitches are not permanent in nature, and they leave after some time. In some cases, eye twitching may last for long durations of time such as weeks or months.
Eye twitching is not a critical medical condition. It is a temporary prickling and irritation in the eyes, which ceases after some time. Common twitching of the eyes is not related to any neurological disorder.
Here are some reasons which cause eye twitches:
- Stress: Every individual goes through some amount of stress, and the body reacts differently in different people as a result of stress. An eye twitch may be caused due to stress, especially related to strain in the eyes. In order to reduce stress you should practice yoga, meditation, perform breathing exercises and take a break. Reducing the stress would also cease the twitching in the eyes.
- Tiredness: Eye twitching can appear when you are fatigued or very tired. Lack of proper sleep makes your body tired, and this might trigger eye twitching.
- You should improve upon your sleeping hours and sleep more.
- Eye strain: Vision problems and any issue related to the eyes can cause stress, which may result in constant twitching in your eyes. Whenever too much stress is imposed upon your eyes, they tend to react and twitching occurs. Any problem would make the eyes put in more effort, which results in strain. You should have an eye check up if you experience an eye strain accompanied by twitching sensation in your eyes. People who use computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones for a profuse period of time experience pain and twitching in the eyes. There is a 20-20-20 rule to be followed while using such devices, which reduces eye strain and reduces itching or twitching. You can also avail special eyeglasses for people who spend a lot of time on computers.
- Caffeine: Intake of an excess amount of caffeine leads to eye twitching. Cut down your doses of coffee, tea, dark chocolates and soft drinks in case of eye twitching and you may observe an easing in the twitching.
- Alcohol: Alcohol also leads to eye twitching so you must abstain from alcohol in case you are having twitching in the eyes.
- Dry eyes: This disorder develops in people who have crossed the age of 50. People who use computers a lot also develop dry eyes, which leads to eye twitching.
Our eyes twitch because of a lot of reasons. You should know the facts right and avoid situations that lead to eye twitching.
My name is meenal im suffering to eye disease when I look anything continue I found that my eyes releasing water so I want to know why this all is happening with me?
Meri left eye me ek black dot last 6 months se vision me dikhai de rha hai, mene pahle bhi treatment krwaya tha, lekin koi asar nhi pda. Mene April me chekup krwaya tab result:- right eye- sph. -1.5 cyl. -3.0 Axis 15 degree left eye- sph. -1.5 cyl. -2.0 Axis 180 degree. Mene aaj fir se chekup krwaya, result:- right eye- sph. -1.00 cyl. -3.50 Axis 10 degree left eye- sph. -1.25 cyl. -3.00 Axis 180 degree. Muje doctors ne black dot ki vjah ya uske treatment ke bare me kuch bhi nhi bataya. Sirf lense change krne ki advice di. Ab muje kya krna chahiye? Kya ye serious problem hai?
M suffering form weak sight as I found my eyes muscles are very weak. Advice me any eye drop or medicine to over come this.
I'm 22. My eye sight was increasing day by day. I heard that eye sight will be increasing till the age of 25.
I always have my eyes dry, I am using Softvisc eyes drop . Kindly help as I had Lasik operation done before 2 yearsby Dr. Narang itself &they recommended to use Softvisc fir dryness & itching.
Myopia is common in children these days. It is a eye refractive error The causes behind is the use of smart phone, computer, TV, more reading in electric light ,eating more Junk and spicy food and not doing eye exercise. Modern eye specialist suggests spectacles. Ayurveda treatments of Myopia depends upon special Ayurveda eye treatments like Netra Tarpanam, Nasyam, Basti etc. and special diet plan. By applying Ayurveda treatment protocol eye side will improve, we can delay bad effects on Retina , Prevents Increasing number of glasses and in some cases number of glass decreases.