Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vasantha KumariYour feedback matters!
I'm a 23 year old female. I have irregular periods from onset. My usg reports are normal. And even thyroid functions are normal. Hair Fall started from 4 yrs and Im going bald these days. Pls suggest what to do for my periods to become regular.
I have a baby of 2.5 month. have a problem that he sucks only my right breast. I tried my best but he dont suck left breast. Due to this my one breast become heavy. What should I do now.?
Hey this is extremely urgent I'm worried so much please help. I took I pill on 6th may just after unprotected sex. My periods got over on 1st of july only but today I got my period's again why? Is it normal? I took I pill 2 months back too is it side effect? Am I suffering from something? Like getting periods a full 15 days early is okay or not? I'm so damn worried please help.
I have intercourse with my husband after my periods (2nd or 3rd of every month) and then I took an iPill for safety. After I took the pill I got my periods the next day itself (15th of the same month. Now I have not got my periods back on 2nd or 3rd of this month. So is my cycle changed to 15th of every month or am I pregnant?
Japan had the biggest mortality turn around post the world War 2 era. But, it has consistently topped the global charts in terms of living a longer and healthy life as compared to people of other countries. Although there is no one reason for this, scientists believe that there is a host of factors which has helped Japan to achieve this feat.
- Vegetable intake: The Japanese, unlike the countries in the West, consume a lot of fresh vegetables, seaweed means, fermented soy, rice, and fish. It ensures adequate phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals. The eating habit surely adds the extra mileage as far as mortality is concerned.
- Different style of cooking: Typically, the preparation of Japanese cuisine involves a lot of steaming, fermenting, slow-cooking, pan-grilling and stir-frying. Apart from this, the Japanese prepare small dishes and have the habit of drinking a bowl of soup before every meal. When a small amount of all vegetables along with rice and fish is consumed daily, the body gets enough fibre.
- The tea culture: The tea drinking culture of Japan goes a long way in fighting diseases owing to its anti-bacterial properties. While coffee doesn’t harm our body, tea varieties such as matcha are far more useful for the body.
- Fresh Food: Japan is one of the few countries where people consume serious fresh food. Japanese are one of the fortunate ones who eat their food hours after production. The vast amount of arable land and not so big population helps the demand and supply to be in the balance. The fresh food helps the body to produce more energy and be active throughout the day.
- Smaller plates: Portion control and etiquette are a big part of the Japanese culture. They eat from small pots, use chopsticks, garnish their food lightly, serve food in small dishes etc. Japanese never eat until they are too full to walk. Typically, Japanese eat till they are 8 percent full. This helps in easy digestion and more agility.
- More body activity: Japanese love to commute in public transport. They get up, go to their nearest station, wait for the train, stand in the train and walk to their workplace from the station. Although there are an ample number of cars in the country using it is considered to be a luxury. Japanese also get a wake-up call for exercise every morning. This results in an increased level of energy, more focus at the workplace and better athleticism.
- Healthcare: Japanese have got a full proof healthcare from the year 1960. They visit their doctors more than a dozen times a year. This is 4 times as compared to their US counterpart. What’s fascinating is the fact that it costs the Japanese Government only 8 percent of the GDP. It goes without saying that Japanese get to know about any probable diseases that they might have well before any damage could happen. If you wish to discuss on any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
My daughter has multiple cyst in ovary. Doctor said it is harmonic disorder. It will remove itself please give me your view?
I am a woman of 33 years old. I missed my menstruation this month. Today its day 8 that I missed period. Today my BHCG report is saying that its only .6.now my question is should I wait one more week? Is there any chance of growing up of BHCG at that time? Or I should consult doctor to initiate period? Please reply asap.
Is it okay to take contraceptive pill aftr having unprotected sex Within 24 hours fo 20 age Girl .is it safe ya i'll face problem Please rply early.
Hello doctor sry its a lengthy ques but I wanted to know that my girlfriend is pregnant or not & we had unprotected intercourse on 25th of October but she has taken i-pill tablet within the minute when I ejected inside her but she felt it might not work she has taken another i-pill in the same day & in mrng when we woke up we just cuddled & I ejected on top of her vagina not inside of vagina or on vagina & her last periods was started on 20th ended in 23rd of October she got bleeding on 8th September she thought it was her periods but her last period was just stopped before 10 days so please help.
My periods are irregular and late. I had a couple of abortions few years back but now I am planning to conceive. I have lower abdomen pain and painfully sex too. Kindly suggest some medication to clear and regularise my periods. Thanking you.
Hlo doctor, I want to conceive baby my age is 22 yrs and my married becomes 5 yrs I don't use any precaution I went to a gynecologist she check my all reports ultra sound but no problems are show on my reports and I have suffer from my vaginal infection also at every two months and in my infection so much itchiness and also candida on my sex space. My husband show his reports 1st time his sperm counting is low but after doctors medicine his reports are become normal. please help me what can I do for all my problems. please tell me some solution.
According to america's national stroke association if your heart beats out of rhythm, it is more likely to have a stroke. To check for atrial fibrillation do the following steps:
1) Tap your foot according to the rhythm of your pulse (place your fingers on your wrist where radial artery beats) for one minute
2) If your foot is tapping steadily, like a clock ticking then you are ok. But if it's uneven then you need to consult doctor.
Doctor before 7 years I had spinal cord injury at L2 ,L3 level. And I was at bed rest .now can I marry. Will I have infertility problem.
Do you know that Huntington’s disease is an inherited disease? This condition leads to the progressive degeneration of the nerve cells present in your brain. Huntington's disease has severe impact on several functional abilities of an affected person and results in psychiatric, thinking and movement disorders.
Huntington’s disease occurs from an inherited defect present in a single gene. It is a form of autosomal dominant disorder, which indicates that a person requires just one copy of the defective gene for developing the disorder. Except the genes on the chromosomes, two copies of every gene are inherited by a person. The affected parent may pass along the defective gene copy or the healthy copy.
Commonly, the symptoms of Huntington’s disease start appearing during midlife. It may also affect a person during childhood. The symptoms of this disease vary from person to person. Abnormal movement and weight loss are common symptoms, which occur in all stages.
The usual early stage symptoms include the following:
Slight coordination changes, which affect balance and make you clumsy
Uncontrollable fidgety movement
Stiffness and slowing
Problems with thinking in difficult situations
With passing time, the symptoms start interfering more with the patient’s daily life and activities. You may start dropping things, face trouble with swallowing, and talking. Staying organized may get tough. Certain emotional changes are indicated.
In the later stage of Huntington’s disease, a patient becomes dependent on others for taking care of them. A patient cannot walk or speak, and fidgety movements are likely to become more severe or may subside.
Huntington’s disease has no fixed cure. Several measures are followed for managing the symptoms. They are as follows:
Medications are used to manage fidgety movements. Other medicines are also used for controlling any other side effect experienced.
Speech or language therapy may be beneficial in case of speech and swallowing problems.
Physical therapy may help you in improving your control movements. Assistive devices like handrails can be used for managing your changing physical abilities.
Nutritional support is used in which special utensils are used to focus on a nutrient-rich diet.
Exercise is also important for patients with Huntington’s disease as it enables them to stay active and fit.
In case you experience any symptom of Huntington’s disease, it is important for you to consult a doctor immediately. This is a severe disease and early diagnosis and treatment will prevent the condition from worsening.
I had unprotcted sex with my gf last night. we were drunk. After 30 min I gave unwanted72 but she vomited within secs. Again aftr 3 hrs I gave unwanted72 what next I have to do? I am so much worried.
I have excessive milk in breast. Sometimes its so much that it makes my clothes wet. How to control it?
I am 28 years women, I missed my period by 4 days. Feeling tired, breast tenderness, legs pain. But period not started. Am I pregnant?
Mujhe 1 saal se pcos problem h, Kya periods time me lower abdomen pain k liye uski sikai kr sakte h. Sikai krne se koi problem to nhi hogi or periods bleeding me bahut zyada clotting bhi h ye sabhi ko hoti h ya iska koi or reason h.
Ive been bulimic for 6 years now. And I want to to break this cycle of constant benign and purging. Please suggest me some basic milestones for how can I recover myself.
Egg freezing allows a woman to preserve her fertility until she is ready to start her family. During an egg-freezing cycle, a patient will go through many of the same steps that are involved in a typical IVF cycle: ovulation stimulation, ultrasound monitoring, and egg retrieval. After egg retrieval, the eggs will be cultured for a few hours and then frozen the same day for future use.