Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vasantha Kumar
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vasantha KumarYour feedback matters!
I am salman 22 years old, my problem is I am a asthma patient from childhood but now a days asthma is happening mostly in night regularly. I am using inhaler seroflo (cipla, it recurs suddenly but by using it its very sleepy and tired. Please advise me with proper life styles, food, and also with medicine.
I am 30 year old and I have suffering from cough. It happens at every time when season changed one to another. Please suggest me what I have to do.
I have cough from 3 weeks. I have taken the syrup for it as prescribed by the doctor but it is not helpful in making me free from it. So what should I do?
Asthma is a chronic respiratory condition. In asthma, the airway routes of the lungs get swollen. This causes irritation and gives rise to swelling inside these routes. For some people, a chilly climate comes with its own share of troubles and pain. Individuals who are sensitive to chilly temperatures are significantly influenced by this season. Various climate extremes and changing temperatures affect their health. For those who are hypersensitive to dust, their condition tends to rise during certain weather conditions. Their symptoms include coughing, sniffling, stuffiness and even breathing problems. It is an undeniable issue that can pose serious danger to the person’s health.
Homeopathic solutions for asthma and these allergic conditions are exceptionally powerful and can cure them during any season. Yet, these medicines must necessarily be prescribed by a doctor. Homeopathic drugs are normal prescriptions and work by directing the immune system, which generally tend to be distinctly over-reactive during allergies and asthma. These are as follows:
- Arsenic album: It is one of the best homeopathic medicines for asthma due to anxiety, especially when there is extreme anxiety and uneasiness with cough and wheezing. The person cannot find a comfortable position and continues twisting and turning. The patients experience increased thirst yet only drink a little at once. Breathing becomes more difficult at midnight and resting is troublesome as they cannot inhale and feel choked.
- Ipecac: It is one of the best homeopathic solutions for asthma with nausea. In case of vomiting with asthma attacks, Ipecac is one of the best homeopathic solutions for that. There is steady nausea to such an extent that the person may feel nauseated all the time.
- Antim tart: It is one of the best homeopathic medicines for breathing allergies with coughing. In situations where there is rattling cough as though the chest is filled with mucous, Antim tart is one of the best homeopathic medications for asthma. Even eating activates the cough. There is sluggishness and weakness. It is more suited for old individuals and young kids.
- Nux vomica: It is one of the best homeopathic medicines for breathing problems from gastric aggravation. In situations where the asthmatic attack is activated by gastric aggravation, Nux vomica is one of the best homeopathic solutions. The issue is probably going to be more terrible in the morning. There is a feeling of being full in the stomach alongside asthma. There is dry and continuous coughing.
- Carbo veg: It is one of the best homeopathic medications for asthma with blueness of the face. At the point when the face of the patient gets to be distinctly somewhat blue alongside an asthmatic attack, Carbo veg is one of the best homeopathic medications. There is coldness of the hands and feet. Stomach problems may happen with the respiratory indications. The issue gets worse at night.
These are only indicative medicines, however, one must consult a homeopathic doctor in order to, take the correct medicine.
While sleeping I snores and in-between my breathing stopped for like 12 to 20 seconds. I guess it's sleep apnea. Can you tell me of any cure. Besides operative cure.
Doctor, I have been having cold, tonsilitis, cough with excessive mucous since childhood especially whenever whether changes. This time, last month also had cold, fever and cough which has finished, but has left constant irritation in my throat which I have to keep clearing regularly. Is this any other problem or is this normal and what is the cure.
Postural Tachycardia Syndrome or POTS, what this condition entails is a sudden and abnormal increase in the heart beat of an individual, causing them difficulty in breathing, dizziness, and even blackouts.
There are some factors that can trigger the situation and stem the sudden rise in the heart beat. Meeting with a medical expert may help bring the situation under control.
What is Postural Tachycardia Syndrome?
Postural Tachycardia Syndrome or POTS is a cardiovascular condition that is caused due to the sudden shift from an upright position to a supine position or vice versa. It is this sudden increase in heartbeat of an individual that is referred to as Tachycardia.
The longer you overlook this condition, the bigger is the trouble you are putting your health in. This is when it becomes extremely important for you to get in touch with a medical expert, who can offer you perfect consultancy, diagnose the causes and also find a result for the same.
What Causes POTS?
According to medical specialists, there are some factors that this condition stems from and it all differs from one person to the other. Some of the most common causes of the condition are-
- Joint Hypermobility Syndrome
- Faulty Gene
- Siogren’s Syndrome
Signs of Postural Tachycardia Syndrome:
There are multiple signs that indicate that an individual is stricken by Postural Tachycardia Syndrome. Some of the more common signs and symptoms include:
- Orthostatic Hypotension: Orthostatic Hypotension refers to the sudden increase in the heart beat by at least 30 beats per minute, within or after 10 minutes of rising up from a sitting or lying down position. Though the condition increases the heart rate, it does not trigger any drop or rise in blood pressure. Certain medications used to diminish this effect often extend some side effects, such as lightheadedness, palpitation, difficulty to breath, discomfort in the chest, weakness, heaviness in the chest area, nausea, cognitive difficulties and also stain on the vision.
- Effects in Response to Postural Change: Almost one-third of the people with Postural Tachycardia Syndrome are noticed to faint as a result of the increased heartbeat, almost 40 beats minutes, instead of the chance in postural position. Other symptoms under this head include a headache, migraine, disturbance in sleep, fatigue, acrocyanosis or blood pooling in feet, etc.
- Ehlers- Danlos Syndrome (EDS): Sometimes POTS is found to coexist in an individual with other conditions, such as EDS. This condition makes an individual prone to dislocation of bones, greater laxity in skin, loose- clicking joints, chronic fatigue, reduced level of tolerance towards any exercise, etc. According to medical specialists, though these are common symptoms of POTS, there might also be other signs. These signs and symptoms differ from one person to the other.
When Should You Consult a Doctor?
The moment you experience a POTS attack or for that matter notice some of the symptoms of the condition, it is time for you to consult a medical expert. The doctor will give you valued consultation, as well as diagnose the condition properly, thus finding the best treatment and suitable medication for you.