Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vasantha KumarYour feedback matters!
He is having blackheads on his head and cheeks. How can he get rid of these blackheads and give some tips to keep our skin fresh and good looking.
Hii doctors, my brother got fissure operation in 2013. Few day ago he said that he got blood when going bathroom (stool. Wat he has to do now? Again he has to undergo any operation? Give any remedies to control the pain.
I got some pimple marks on my face. Hence my skin looks so rough. Suggest something to get al soft skin.
I am 34 years old and I am suffering from fungal disease for last 2 years. I have consulted many doctors but no works.
I getting black dots on my face and around neck. I dont what is the reason. Will you suggest how to rectify it?
For e. G. I have black spots as well as pimples on my face. I have been used scar removal cream for four month but did not see any changes. What should I do?
What are the symptoms of thrombosis? I hav got it previously and I took proper medications but now m having slight headaches so m worried alot.
Hi. I am having a lot of prob with my skin. I av like tiny rashes with heads or sumtym big acne fluid bump on my face. I tried mny antibiotic, ointments med ntg wrk vt me. N sumtym it spreads lk tiny rash wth itchin n sumtym I'm reli normal my skin. Bh most f time it's big acne water red fluid bump like. N it keeps spreading. Is there anything I cud do 2 cure them ?
There are so many black spot in my face what can I do for it give me some prescriptions to remove the black spots.
Colored marks, which are present on the skin since birth or develop soon after birth are called birthmarks. They can be of many sizes, colors and shapes. Some of them are present on the surface, while a few of them are raised over the skin surface.
Here are some common types of birthmarks:
- Salmon patches: These birthmarks are most commonly found. They are flat and thin and are mostly present on the back of the neck, the upper lips, eyelids and in some cases, between the eyebrows. They are usually pale pink or reddish in colour and fade within a year. However, those which are on the nape of the neck might stay and become permanent marks.
- Congenital moles: Congenital moles appear at birth. They are usually brown in colour and can be of different sizes. While some moles appear as a single mark, others can appear clustered in groups. The moles which become larger, however, need close observation because there remains a possibility of them becoming cancerous later on in life.
- Cafe-au-lait spots: They are smoother than other types of patches. They are present from birth and may develop more during childhood. Usually, these spots are not found in the neck or shoulders, but rather at the legs or torso. It is generally not a health scare. However, if these spots appear in clusters and occur in the armpits accompanied with freckles, they might be suggestive of neurofibromatosis later in life.
- Mongolian Spots: They are usually present in babies who are born with darker skins. Mongolian spots usually fade by the time the baby has reached school-going age.
- Venous Malformations: These are very rare birthmarks which are formed because of the abnormalities in the veins. These are usually bigger than other birthmarks and need to be treated by a process which is known as 'embolization'. This involves treating the malformation with a solution, thus putting a clog in the blood vessels and shrinking the mark.
I'm suffering from "tan" My total body is in normal tone but my neck and face turned "black" . Please give me some suggestion.
My right front and back shoulder is burned and it is second degree major burn. What should I do to heal and recover my skin. I do not want to get spot on that area and what should I have to eat. And please provide me best medicine to heal and the cream which would be used to get comfort in that area. It is so much paining. I want to recover my skin, like the skin before burning, without any spots. Please provide me procedure to take care.
With change in lifestyle and eating/drinking habits, our health deteriorates and the first signs are seen on your face. Nowadays, skin starts ageing in your 20s and it is sad. The good news is that we can take care of our skin health with some minor adjustments in our lifestyle. One such change is adding few foods to our diet. Best foods for skin health are:
Almonds - these nuts have high quantity of vitamin e which doubles as antioxidant protecting the cells of your skin from uv light.
Green tea - apart from helping detox and lose weight, green tea is also good for your skin. The antioxidants in green tea have anti-cancer properties which have been proven and hence, prevent skin cancer.
Dark chocolates - love chocolate? here is a good reason to eat them (in moderation). Antioxidants in dark chocolates protect against sun damage and make the skin smooth & soft.
Carrots - carrots have vitamin a which helps clear skin breakouts. Eating carrots gives you a natural glow and a healthier complexion.
Tomatoes - tomatoes have phytochemicals which help eliminate skin-aging which is caused by harmful ultraviolet rays.
Walnuts - these nuts provide a good amount of omega-3 fatty acids which are particularly important for vegetarians who are not getting the same from fish. Not having enough of omega-3 fatty acids can cause dry, scaly skin often leading to eczema.
Water - yes, plain water! it hydrates your skin and allows it to breathe. And, it is the best liquid substitute to sugar filled juices and soda.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.