Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vasantha KumarYour feedback matters!
My wife get little gland on her breast. And now it's increase day by day. Or its starts pain when touched little hardly.
My friend has some allergy due to which gets suddenly red rashes and starts itching which increases to severe itching in about 30-45 minutes. Then has to take some prescribed tablet from Govt. Hospital which has side effect which the doctor himself has said. This happens every 2nd or 3rd day regularly. Tried ayurvedic medicine treatment including panchakarma but no relief. Earlier tried other allopathy doctors but no relief. Some doctor said sometimes it is due to extra protein intake and stopped pulses and other high protein items and again no relief. What can be done now to cure as it is becoming a psychological problem also now. Please advice.
I wanted to know that how should keep myself active doctor. I feel very tired after sometime. And how can I get glowing skin please help me.
Here are 10 skin and hair benefits of eating cabbage -
1) Anti-ageing agent: Regular consumption of cabbage extends anti-ageing benefits to the skin. The rich amount of Vitamin C delays the ageing process. It has Vitamin A which works together with Vitamin D to make your skin clear and protects from ultraviolet rays.
2) Skin cure: Cabbage has excellent skin healing properties. It is effective in curing skin eruptions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne, rashes, insect bites, leg ulcers and wounds. It helps cure arthritis as well.
3) Gives flawless skin: Cabbage promotes healthy skin. If you are suffering from pimples or other skin irritations, cabbage can be the solution. Place the steamed cabbage compress on the affected area over night and experience spotless skin next morning.
4) Vitamin E for skin complexion: Cabbage juice enhances skin complexion. It has potassium, which purifies your body and skin.
5) Sulfur-rich for acne: Sulfur, abundantly present in cabbage, is considered as 'Nature's beauty mineral'. Because of its drying effect, it plays an important role in drying acne and breakouts. It also synthesizes keratin, a protein substance that is essential for healthy hair, nails and skin.
6) Cleansing property: Cabbage juice is extremely effective in cleansing your due to high Vitamin C content. The juice can also heal infected gums caused by gingivitis.
7) Hair growth: High on Vitamin A content, cabbage is an antioxidant that stimulates hair growth.
8) Smooth hair: Cabbage nourishes your hair, thus providing you with silky, shining hair. Apply its juice on your scalp and the roots of your hair. Shampoo your hair after an hour. This will make your hair smooth and silky.
9) Arrests hair loss: Here's a treatment for hair loss. Raw cabbage and cucumber juices are rich in silicon and sulfur, two vital minerals that stimulate hair growth and prevent hair loss.
10) Conditions dry hair: Raw cabbage juice is also beneficial for dry hair as it makes it soft and shiny. Try drinking a mixture of 80 ml of raw carrot and cucumber juice and 40 ml of raw cabbage juice to get healthy and beautiful hair.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
I have mosquito scars on my legs since a long time. Is there any way to get rid of them or lighten them.
I have some post pimple spots please suggest me something for clearer skin as well because of this pimple effects I'm looking more dark as I was much fairer before.
I suffered from chickenpox disease. Dark spots on my whole body are quite visible. Almost 1.25 years had elapsed and this spots continues. Kindly suggest how to fix this problem?
Pimples problem 12months continuously. And their black spots m not able to remove that black spots. I never usse my nails never rash it but still I get black spot.
I have pimples problem on my face, my face is almost covered bit hulk size pimples it makes me look ugly, I use many facewash like gagnier, himalaya but nothing works the pimples are the same, I get pissed of and pinch my pimples, a yellow puke comes out and makes my face look even more uglier with black spots, so plzzz somebody help me or else no one going to Marry me.
At first I had a little black spot under my eyes. So I was rubbing this area using napkin and become scratched. After that this area belong black scratched scar .i was consulting with other doctors ,but didn't get convenient result. Please suggests me to best way to remove this scar.
My left side portion of my face is normal. But my right side portion is uneven. Alike left portion. I observed some extra skin near that portion attached to the bone which is above to right cheek. How can I get the portion like left one. Naturally. Tell me please ?
Which moisturiser will work best for your skin type?
Moisturisers are extremely essential during winters for keeping your skin soft and hydrated. The chief function of moisturisers is to ensure that the outermost layer of your skin can hold water to prevent the skin from becoming dry and charred. But, any moisturiser you choose randomly might not be effective for your skin. For making the most of your moisturiser choose one that is suitable for your specific skin type. Read on to find about the correct type of moisturisers required for each skin type.
1. Dry skin
Dry skin becomes even drier during the winters and requires a heavier, oil-based moisturiser with hydrating ingredients to remain soft. Additionally, if your skin is too dry or cracked, using products containing mineral jellies like petroleum jelly will be beneficial. This is because these products are known to minimise evaporation of moisture from your skin.
2. Oily skin
Acne and breakouts mostly occur on the oily skin, so it will be best to choose a light, water-based moisturiser if you have this type of skin. Moreover, try to opt for a product that is non-comedogenic in nature, which will ensure that you do not get clogged pores due to the moisturiser.
3. Normal skin
Normal skin can be characterised by perfect natural oil balance and an even tone. For keeping your skin soft you need to keep this natural balance intact, which can be done by using a water-based product containing lightweight oils or ingredients derived from silicon. Additionally, ensure that your moisturiser gives your skin a light non-greasy feel.
4. Sensitive skin
Sensitive skin is generally prone to skin irritations, itching, redness and rashes. If you have sensitive skin, then look for a moisturiser that contains ingredients known for generating a soothing effect like chamomile or aloe. Moreover, ensure that the product is free from potential allergens like fragrances or dyes and acids to prevent side effects such as skin irritation.
5. Combination skin
Combination skin is the toughest type of skin to maintain. People with this type of skin have an oily t-zone consisting of the nose, chin and forehead along with the cheeks having dry skin. To keep combination skin hydrated you need to use a heavy moisturiser on the cheeks and an oil-free water-based product on the t-zone.