Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
It is very important to keep the mouth free from plaque.
My younger brother, who is 23 year old, he done braces on teeth 3year ago. His teeth went inside but not satisfactorily, dentist told him "your structure is out, u have to do a operation for that" that time financial condition was not well. In few years he will plan to get marry. So I want him to look normal as now his outside teeth will not effect his future or marriage proposal. Please suggest how it can b treated and how much approx cost of it?
My aunty has final stage of tongue and neck cancer, and she had a wound at neck and its looking like hole, from that hole sometimes its releasing white discharge and sometimes its releasing bleeding. Day by day that hole is little bigger. Is it possible to recover that hole? Is it possible to recover the skin over the hole? And how to control that wound without becoming bigger. Please suggest me. Thank u.
I have asthma and yellow teeth and it. Ching in my leg. And I am very ill man. What to do please tell sir. I need your help bery much. Special wala thanks thanks sir.
I have a serious bad breath problem mostly when I don't eat my food and even after brushing teeth and using mouth wash my bad breath problem still occurs. Give me some home remedy to get out of this problem.
I am 26 years old female. My right side first molar teeth is become highly sensible. And left side first molar teeth is already with ceramic filling coated. I was under medicine for my right side teeth but after I completed the course it came back to its same position. I can not eat any sweets on both sides. What should I do now?
Last year i met with an accident & the lower jaw of my mouth was 85% fractured. The doctor operated & insert a metal plate with the fractured jaw. My problem is now the teeth connected with fractured jaw got weak & create eating problem but no pain in jaw. What should i do so my eating problem be solved?
I'm 49 years male and acute diabetic for the past 15 years. Most of my teeth are lost and jawbone also get loosing. Due to this, my dentist told that fixing of artificial teeth is not possible to me as my jawbone is not having enough strength to hold or clip the artificial tooth. I am in a great mental agony now. Please advise me a remedy for me. Kindly advise me the dentist who are advanced in such problems to treat
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.