Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vara LakshmiYour feedback matters!
My gf is 1 week late so she checked in on pregnancy kit and the result was negative. But I have a fear that the pregnancy kit is showing wrong data. Any help.
I am 6 week of pregnancy. I have horrible lower back pain which travels to the legs as well. It brings tears to my eyes. Is it normal or I consult doctor. please Any suggestions urgently.
Hi Dr. I am into education profession related to education. Twice get operation at the time of delivery for both my kids and without any problem, I myself forcibly get it done as I can't bear the pain. But now after 10 yrs, i am suffering from back pain. But always feel like sleeping rather pain. But I have to travel a lot also. Moreover i am very weak due to low haemo count and low protein and vitamin, calcium d efficiency. I am not under any medication. But feeling very tired and lethargic. Don't feel like doing any work. please suggest anything to very active everyday.
Iam 24 years old female. I have pcod problem and have complete irregular period. Iam a married women and worried that how can I get a baby. What should I do. How can I get ride of that. please help me.
I'm 18 years old and suffering from pcos since 4 years . I ws on medications but it didn't work out. It only showed temporary results. So I thought to give a try to natural remedies. While searching I got to know apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, licorice , flaxseed, fenugreek and other stuffs. And avoid dairy and soy products. So I want to know whether these things are really beneficial for curing pcos and hairfall caused due to it? Also can you please list out what should I eat and avoid. And should I consider these remedies? Can you suggest what test should I do to check hormone level.
She had taken an abortion pill but her bleeding isn't stopping, it's been 13 days she had been bleeding, isn't an side affects of that medicine or normal situation?
My partner was recently diagnosed with a type of hpv infection and he is using some ointment called podowart for those warts which he had in his penis due to the infection. But as we dint no about it priorly we participated in sex even . So will that infect me even? Is it a serious issue for me than my partner?
Doing sex before 2 days of period but periods was come on d tyme M pregnant or not? Nd today I saww blood drops when I go to toilet M pregnant? Or wht is the cause of it.
I am a 20 yrs old girl. Every month my period is delayed 15 days. For this prblem my doctor suggest to take regestrone 5 gm medicine. But still now no change. I take medicine from 2 yrs ago. My doctor say when my period date is going (means 2-3 days) then I took medicine but still now no change. Please tell me what will be the problem with me?
Hi I am 35 years old suffering with pcod and weight gain my cholesterol level has also increased please suggest me food which I should eat or lifestyle changes so that I can lead a healthy life. I am having severe hair fall also. I have problem of fatty liver also.
If a woman is two months pregnant, then what should she not eat and how can she take care of her pregnancy and what should she do for her health?
Hello. Basically my boyfriend had like this small red raised bump on his actual lip. So I did not kiss him for a few days in case it was a cold sore. Then yesterday I noticed it had developed a tiny whitehead so I thought it would be ok to kiss him again since it did not look like a coldsore. But im just a but worried because I do not want to catch anything and (TMI) im going to his today and he wants to go down on me but I do not want to in case it is a cold sore. Eventhough it has a white head on it. I did not want to tell him to pop it in case it made it worse. Any info would be useful Thank you.
We all know that tobacco contributes to lung and heart disease, but many people don’t realize that it seriously affects sexual health as well. Smoking damages the arteries affecting blood flow to the genitals, and it leads to a loss of desire and arousal in both men and women. In terms of alcohol consumption, most of us know that having a drink or two before sex may help us relax and ease our inhibitions. But high levels of consumption can also result in sexual dysfunction. From causing the loss of erections to preventing your ability to get or stay aroused, alcohol disables the natural sexual response of the autonomic nervous system. Other chemical substances, like marijuana and cocaine, also have known links to low sex drive and sexual dysfunction.
The disruption of the normal female cycles of menstruation and ovulation after the age of 45 and the loss of her ability to conceive naturally is known as menopause. The associated symptoms of menopause are heat flushes, insomnia, weight gain, depression, nausea and fatigue. While hormone replacement therapy is the most common procedure to provide relief from menopausal symptoms, natural homeopathic remedies can also be used for the same. These remedies are completely safe as opposed to hormone replacement therapy which has a number of side effects.
The following homeopathic medicines and remedies can be used to treat menopause:
- A balanced diet which provides you with optimal nutrition can be helpful in treating menopausal symptoms. When you get enough vitamins and minerals, the physical discomfort caused by the symptoms can be reduced greatly.
- Phosphorus can help with migraines, extreme sweating, numb hands, fast pulse, memory problems and dry and itchy skin. Foods high in phosphorus content are meat, fish, cheese, nuts and seeds of pumpkins, sunflowers etc.
- Excessive deposition of fat can interfere with the hormonal cycles and cause imbalances in the level of estrogen and progesterone. So, regular yoga and exercise can be helpful.
- Amylenum nitrosum can provide relief from profuse sweating, shortness of breath and palpitations.
- Phytoestrogen or dietary estrogen is a compound found in foods such as soybeans, oats, barley, carrots, fenugreek, rice etc. Phytoestrogen can provide natural relief from menopausal symptoms.
- Aurum metallicum is used to get the tissues and organs to function normally again and control feelings of anxiety and claustrophobia.
- Aconitum napellus (wolf's bane) is a flowering plant and its extracts can reduce panic attacks, heat flushes, over excitability and depressive symptoms.
- Argentum nitricum is a nitrate compound of silver which is used to control excessive bleeding in the pre-menstrual stages.
- Belladonna (deadly nightshade) is beneficial for a large number of symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, insomnia, frequent urination, osteoporosis, abnormal weight gain and other nervous disorders.
- Bryonia alba, a flowering plant, is used as a remedy for vaginal infections, rashes and vaginal dryness that are common during menopause.
- Natrum muriaticum, in small amounts, helps to reduce stress. Stress can cause problems in thyroid function, cognitive functioning, digestive system functioning and it can elevate blood pressure levels rapidly.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is a common homeopathic medicine for nausea, vomiting and indigestion. These problems are seen frequently in menopausal women, especially after meals at night.
Related Tip : "Is Postmenopausal Bleeding Normal??"
I has unprotected sex but I had already taken 4 I pills in 5 months due to some issues in my relationship and from this month my skin doctor gave me Acutret 20 I take it twice a week in morning and evening as prescribed. Will it prevent pregnancy? And if not what emergency contraceptive should I take? Unwanted 72 or I pill? Please reply doctor.
One of Your New Year Resolution would be:
• Manage your weight
• Improve your heart health
• Get better and sound sleep
• Promote better brain health…
• Have more energy
We invite you to do your Nutritional Health Scan to evaluate your BMI, fat, muscle content and to customise your diet.
HAIL HAPPY & HEALTHY